NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2020, 06:42 AM
Chris Counts

Default Is anybody else having trouble using PayPal on eBay?

For the third time in the last month or so, I have a transaction today that is hung up between eBay and PayPal. I tried calling both with no luck. They both seem determined to make me deal with an automated system, which I tried, and so far, it's failed. Is anybody else experiencing this? Any advice? Thanks, Chris
Old 05-28-2020, 06:57 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

More information:
1) Are you using a PC, Mac, or cellphone? Browser?
2) Are you getting captchas?
3) Are your passwords strong?

Try using a different computer or smartphone; that seems to be a culprit more often than not.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I had the same problem maybe six weeks ago. My payment just would not process, even after many attempts over the course of two or three days. I changed browsers and that seemed to solve the problem. I have used PayPal a few times since then and have not had a problem.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:07 AM
Andrew Aronstein

I’ve been trying to create shipping labels this morning and currently eBay will not accept my payments. First time this has happened but lately in the mornings their site has been having trouble loading. Usually clears up after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2020, 07:44 AM
Andrew Aronstein

Looks like whatever the issue was has cleared itself of up on my end now. For some reason bay's site doesn't play nice in the morning.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default PayPal

The eBay/PayPal interface has been sporadic over the past couple of months. A customer will pay, eBay will show that the item is paid for, but the transaction won't show up in my PayPal account for 2-3 days. Then, I will get a message from PP telling me that I received a payment.

There are also sporadic problems when paying for the shipping labels through the eBay/PayPal system, and on some transactions, I will get a notice from PayPal that the item has been paid for, and the item will show up in my awaiting shipment page. Then, a few minutes later, the item disappears from the awaiting shipment page and it shows up as unpaid in my awaiting payment page.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:13 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Been doing a bunch of transactions

For the most part I haven't had a problem with 1 exception - This happened about 2 weeks ago - I sold an item (auction) - Ebay was reflecting that it was paid for and needed to be shipped but in fact it wasn't. I ultimately had to open an unpaid item case and cancel the transaction as the buyer never paid - it took Ebay about 10 days before the item reflected properly.
I haven't been on this morning. I have also noticed a slight uptick in non paying bidders.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:18 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Something odd is definitely happening with ebay. I was hacked last week even though I have 2 layer authentication enabled. someone made 2 purchases on my account, used my paypal and had the products delivered to an address in California(I live in Canada). Paypal support said they would investigate and get back to me in 48 hours...Crickets. Thats why I prefer transactions here..that and the ebay shipping fees to Canada are ridiculous.