NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: ROBERT ADAMS JR

ebay 280229617928 . In my opinion this stuff is as fake as can be and to put Katrina with it is a , WELL !

Old 05-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: Anthony S.

The seller is on the up and up. She posts (or has posted) on this board, and specifically discussed the damaged cards a couple months ago.

http://tinyurl.com/4dzbtd

Old 05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: Deb Johnson

If someone was using Katrina as a way to scam people, it would truly be pitiful. However, in this case, it is only done in the interest of fully disclosing card damage to folks who can't hold it in their hands. The cards have been naturally altered by Katrina; that's just a fact, not a ploy. I've sold nearly 100 Katrina T206 beaters on ebay, and nearly that many on this board prior to that, with no complaints.

Don't blame you at all for doubting the listing because those are some nice corners, (insert smiley), but wanted to at least jump in and clarify. For present and past listings, my ebay id is millijohndeb.

(P.S. -- editted to add that I have purchased cards from board members, also.)

Old 05-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I've known Deb Johnson since she first acquired this huge T206 Piedmont find. Deb emailed me about T206
info that I had posted on this forum. Over several emails, we discussed at length the T206 cards in her col-
lection. I was very impressed with her knowledge of the T206 cards, which she told me she garnered from
reading most of our many T206 posts on Net54. Thank goodness that some people read and educate them-
selves from our efforts on this forum.

To be critical of Deb because she cited "Katrina damage" regarding her cards, I find totally uncalled for. She
is being honest in describing the damage to the cards; and, to find fault with her for doing so is really stupid.

If you want to be critical of the use of the word "Katrina", then direct your comments towards the "media" of
this country......

The "freakin" media has repeatedly politicized this tragic event to no end. I have friends in the Gulf coast area
of Mississippi that were devastated with as much destruction as New Orleans was; and, yet we heard virtually
nothing from the media regarding Mississippi. After all, it did nor fit the media's agenda to show or report some
positive news of the people of Mississippi picking up the pieces and rebuilding.

Deb....I'm sorry I went off on a tangent here....keep enjoying all those Piedmont cards, and keep in touch, and
keep posting here.

Best regards,
TED Z

Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: leon

Ted, my friend take it easy. Don't get your blood pressure up. Most folks that mention this kind of catastrophe are scammers. Deb isn't. It was an honest mistake. Have a happy, safe Memorial Day...

Old 05-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: Deb Johnson

I, too, think it was an honest mistake, and understandable as both 'Katrina' and non-graded, non-creased and/or nicely-cornered cards (albeit only 3 out of 4 corners sometimes), are immediately flagged as suspect, and rightfully so. I've learned a lot and saved money due to regular posters who police ebay for scammers, so cannot complain when it comes my way. (We have our share of Katrina scammers down here on the coast, too.)

However, in penance for my loss of some sleep last night, the OP must give my boring, non-financially-related Lumley thread, (way down below), a bump. Just kidding.

Thanks to all posters and private emailers for the support.
Deb

Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Posted By: Rhys

I have been helping Deb from the get go and some of her items appeared in the last REA Auction. I can vouch for her auctions and her personally. She is a great person and a pleasure to communicate with.

Rhys Yeakley