NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-22-2018, 10:05 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Priority mail w/ registered

What a scam. Seller pays for priority service and then tacks on registered mail as an additional service to buyer. Registered mail takes days and days and days. I had a seller ship me something on the 15th "priority" with registered. Last message I got was it was in Denver, CO 6 days ago. What was the payment for priority service supposed to accomplish? Anyone want to file a class action lawsuit?

Sure it will show up . . .eventually.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Joshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
What a scam. Seller pays for priority service and then tacks on registered mail as an additional service to buyer. Registered mail takes days and days and days. I had a seller ship me something on the 15th "priority" with registered. Last message I got was it was in Denver, CO 6 days ago. What was the payment for priority service supposed to accomplish? Anyone want to file a class action lawsuit?

Sure it will show up . . .eventually.
As much as I like registered mail as it has higher security, I agree. I had something sent to me via registered that hung around my city for 5 days, literally bounced around my delivery address throughout the city. Went from the delivering post office, back to the airport, to compton, back to the delivering post office.... and then got stuck there. Day after day the carrier showed up empty, like Santa Claus without any presents... After the package disappeared in the tracking, I got fed up, went to the post office and low and behold was in the cage.

Last edited by joshuanip; 03-22-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:13 AM
Dave

Was it high value? I imagine the seller was being extra cautious.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
As much as I like registered mail as it has higher security, I agree. I had something sent to me via registered that hung around my city for 5 days, literally bounced around my delivery address throughout the city. Went from the delivering post office, back to the airport, to compton, back to the delivering post office.... and then got stuck there. Day after day the carrier showed up empty, like Santa Claus without any presents... After the package disappeared in the tracking, I got fed up, went to the post office and low and behold was in the cage.

To be fair, Priority Mail on it's own isn't a whole lot better nowadays. I sent a Priority package to the Chicago area a couple of months ago, and it bounced around the area for nearly 3 weeks before it finally got delivered.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Luke Lyon

It's an insurance issue most likely. For my insurance, I'm only covered up to $2k with Priority Mail. For anything higher than that, I need to use Registered Mail.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
To be fair, Priority Mail on it's own isn't a whole lot better nowadays. I sent a Priority package to the Chicago area a couple of months ago, and it bounced around the area for nearly 3 weeks before it finally got delivered.
Yeah, I sent an item to a private signing event a week before the deadline via priority mail, which was supposed to get from CA to AZ in two days. I missed the event entirely. Took over a week.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Was it high value? I imagine the seller was being extra cautious.
He was, and I have no issue with that at all. Just the mail service which collapses with registered mail.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:36 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Just irks me because once they take the additional payment for registered the money paid for priority service is effectively money being taken for a service they know full well they won't be able to render. A nullity.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Life is too short.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Life is too short.
It's not that life is too short, it's that the alternative goes on for a looooooooong time.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapolit1 View Post
it's not that life is too short, it's that the alternative goes on for a looooooooong time.
lol.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 PM
jim quinlisk

It's possible that the sender used Priority packaging and then sent it registered to keep the cost of insurance lower. The extra security of registered would make it a lot slower. Express might have been a better idea if fast mattered a lot, but I've received express packages just hammered before, so I can say it's not always the safest way.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

For me, if any insured item is 2k+, it is more cost effective to use Registered Mail.
Plus, it also supposed to be under lock & key. Just the hassle using the sealed brown tape that's required on all edges.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 03-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
For me, if any insured item is 2k+, it is more cost effective to use Registered Mail.
Plus, it also supposed to be under lock & key. Just the hassle using the sealed brown tape that's required on all edges.
The total USPS tracking news blackout for 4 or 5 days in a row on a valuable item is a little unnerving. But I assume it will show. Last time this happened to me all of a sudden I got 9 text alerts in a row and magically it was suddenly down the street.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 03-22-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Johnny MaZilli

I only sell high ticket items in person. I’m to afraid to ship anything over $1k. I’m sure that USPS get’s the job done well most of the time :-)

Last edited by Johnny630; 03-23-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

It's not just USPS or hobby items. I've had similar problems (crazy routing, lost items, etc) with UPS and Fed also this year and the problems only seem to be getting worse. I think all the delivery systems and services are overstressed.