NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Default any collectors from england on this forum

hi all , i've just found this forum. i've been a collector since i stayed at my brothers in glen burnie and having been a fan through tv for years went to see the baysox and the orioles during the stay then got given a load of cards and it went from there.
anyway , any other collectors from england frequent this forum and if so any advice on where to buy cards other than ebay and are there any english publications as i can't find any
cheers john
Old 06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default welcome!!

Hi John
Welcome to our chat board. I don't know of any other English (from England) collectors on the board but there might be a few. At any rate let me know if I can ever help you in any way. By the way...what are your collecting interests? warm regards
Old 06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Martin Parker

Default English collectors

Hi John,

I'm an English collector of baseball cards. I've been collecting since 2005 and this is my first post on the new version of this website but I was using the older version for about 18 months. If you want any help/advice either send me a private message or email me and I'll provide as much info as I'm able.

marpar73@hotmail.com

Regards
Martin
Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Bob Lemke

Default Lucky bugger!

Martin,

I'd kill for a pint of true bitters here in the colonies.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

John:

I will assume you know about the London Cigarette Card Co. but if not:

http://www.londoncigcard.co.uk/

then there is Murray Cards:

http://www.murraycards.com/books/reference.aspx

and also the Cartophilic Society of Great Britain:

http://www.csgb.co.uk/

All well worth looking at. There is also a great A&BC/British Gum Card gum site here:

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/index.html

The Vintage Non-Sport Board (link above in the upper left corner) has some UK collectors I am sure and they can offer more information if needed.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Mike DeNero

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
hi all , i've just found this forum. i've been a collector since i stayed at my brothers in glen burnie and having been a fan through tv for years went to see the baysox and the orioles during the stay then got given a load of cards and it went from there.
anyway , any other collectors from england frequent this forum and if so any advice on where to buy cards other than ebay and are there any english publications as i can't find any
cheers john
John,

Which sports and which particular time periods (decades) are you interested in? Are you interested in building sets or single cards (if so, professionally-graded and encapsulated or would you prefer unencapsulated cards?). In the interest of full disclosure, I am a dealer, but our focus is rather narrow (primarily professionally graded and encapsulated pre-1960 single cards of baseball, football, and hockey hall of famers + 1930s movie stars). Depending upon your interests, I, and others on this board as well, can provide you with websites run by various dealers in the USA.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lemke View Post
Martin,

I'd kill for a pint of true bitters here in the colonies.
You can get good, imported bitter in Manhattan & Brooklyn pretty easily.