NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default Question about email newsletters

Posted By: hankron

I used to have a newsletter via email (started in 2000) about varied collecting topics, with many old isues posted on my website http://cycleback.com/newsletter.html

I was considering starting it up again, but was wondering if email is a viable or desirable option anymore. I get email like everyone else, and know first hand how much spam people get. Perhaps email is no longer a good route for a periodical newsletter.

I will let responders to this post decide whether or not email is a desirable or undesirable route for my newsletter.

Your posted vote or opinion does count and will be taken seriously.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

I dont know how many people have the same mail option as me but i only get emails from known email addresses[ones in my address books or ones ive written before] and all others get sent to a spam folder which i check once a day or so to make sure there isnt any legit emails in there.I had one a few days ago from a board member get sent there but as soon as i responded to him it ensures it wont happen again.

So i wouldnt mind an email newsletter and for me it at least would be a good option.Without spam i dont get that many emails anyway [insert sad face here]

Old 11-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

I like getting things in the mail, and it's nice to be able to take a newsletter to the coffee shop and read it leisurely in a pleasant environment.

If you decide to create one related to baseball photography, I would definitely pay for a subscription and contribute. I especially liked the way Lew Lipset did his newsletter - lots of interesting reading, no subject or person off-limits.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Administrator

As it's a draw, I will nix the email idea.

Thanks for votes.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

I blame Scott and his cohorts for this decision.The battle lines ahve been drawn.

Also David,id like to subscribe to your magazine

Old 11-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Administrator

All comments were welcome and worthwhile, but the vote was only about email, not whether I would make a printed magazine. Licking envelopes is not on my horizon.

Also, I am not attempting to complete with others, especially in content. Publishing a baseball photo newsletter is entirely Scott's domain.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

May be a while to get it going, but it will happen.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

none of which is censored. I don't mind deleting junk and otherwise unwantred e-mail, and as far as pictures are concerned, nicely scanned ones aree even nicer than paper.
Hope I broke the tie...

Obviously, publishing a newsletter on the inernet and mailing through the god-awful postoffice are not comparable undertakings!

My new scanner (Epson Perfection 2480 Photo) is a BUST with 19th century stuff...hope the Epson 1600 still works.

Old 11-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

<<< I will let responders to this post decide whether or not email is a desirable or undesirable route for my newsletter. >>>

is a desirable route

Old 11-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Pcelli60

Nothing like a hard copy..

Old 11-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: martindl

Put me in the email welcomed column. Any information/material that can help me learn and gets others' perspectives is always something i look forward to.
re hardcopy - i'll just print the email

Old 11-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the input. As noted, I used to have a longrunning newsletter that was issued through the email, and I was just seeing if email was still a legitimate way. Way back in the 20th century, spam wasn't a big issue and people used to even have legitimate auctions through the email (regular listing of auction lots with current bids, bidders bid through the email).