NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-23-2018, 08:11 PM

Default Jets ticket stub ID....

Clearing out a semi large Jets/Giants ticket stub collection I bought some time ago and found this stub. I think this is from the 1973 season, more specifically, the OJ Simpson 200 yard game.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this stub is from that game, does anyone have any idea if the turnaround time at PSA got any better for tickets? I waited about 3 months for my previous ticket order.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 6028.jpg (10.8 KB, 129 views)
Old 06-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Sorry, I can't help you.
I clicked on this thread because I thought you were referring to the REAL Jets...
The Winnipeg Jets
Old 06-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Mike

I'm no ticket expert, but the Jets only played 6 games at Shea in 1973 due to the Mets having first rights to Shea for their playoffs and World Series run. Bills played the Jets on the last game of the year, which would have been game 6, not 7. Again, I'm not an expert, but I would probably say that's not the OJ game. Perhaps someone with better knowledge can chime in.

Mike
Old 06-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesjetsfan View Post
I'm no ticket expert, but the Jets only played 6 games at Shea in 1973 due to the Mets having first rights to Shea for their playoffs and World Series run. Bills played the Jets on the last game of the year, which would have been game 6, not 7. Again, I'm not an expert, but I would probably say that's not the OJ game. Perhaps someone with better knowledge can chime in.

Mike
I'm sure when the Jets tickets were originally printed, they wouldn't have known if the Mets would be post season bound.

Just a thought.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Maybe someone can post a link, but currently on eBay is a Game 6 stub vs the Colts dated 12/02/73
Old 06-25-2018, 07:25 PM
Rob

That's the Bills game. Just curious what PSA will charge you to authenticate that? Not sure what authentication will do for you....but if it's going to cost more than $20 I wouldn't bother.

Interesting how the game has changed. The Bills had 62 rushing attempts in that game and 5 pass attempts.

Last edited by Fballguy; 06-25-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
That's the Bills game. Just curious what PSA will charge you to authenticate that? Not sure what authentication will do for you....but if it's going to cost more than $20 I wouldn't bother.

Interesting how the game has changed. The Bills had 62 rushing attempts in that game and 5 pass attempts.
How do you know it’s 1973?
Old 06-25-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Tickets are not my specialty, and in doing research, I can't find a stub from this game popping up recently. The conditions were horrid for this game, and nice examples of the program rarely surface.
I am not sure of the "value" of this stub, but OJ did go over 2,000 yards on the season in this game, a first. I figure this would be a neat stub to have for the football collector.
I am not a fan of getting things slabbed just for the sake to do so, but with this, I think it would be best because of the lack of date and the Bills logo being torn off.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey19thcentury View Post
Tickets are not my specialty, and in doing research, I can't find a stub from this game popping up recently. The conditions were horrid for this game, and nice examples of the program rarely surface.
I am not sure of the "value" of this stub, but OJ did go over 2,000 yards on the season in this game, a first. I figure this would be a neat stub to have for the football collector.
I am not a fan of getting things slabbed just for the sake to do so, but with this, I think it would be best because of the lack of date and the Bills logo being torn off.
There are several examples of this stub selling on Worthpoint. All raw and all with at least a portion of the Bills helmet. They sold from $39 to $99. The $99 might be an overstatement. Worthpoint doesn't account for ebay's "best offer" option. It only shows the BIN price. It's possible a lower offer could've been accepted there. I'm guessing yours, with no reference to the Bills, would be at the low end of that spectrum....so not sure slabbing is worth the hassle or money.