NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Default Kaptain Kirk Auction on Proxibid...

No pictures yet of the items, but a ton of Ruth, Gehrig autos...also 2 signed Clemente bats and a Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb signed bat (all on the same bat)
The fact that if someone had this collection, they would consign it with a place called Kaptain Kirks is laughable.
You would think with these listings, Proxibid would see all kinds of red flags...

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=52644

I'll be waiting patiently for pictures!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123

Last edited by jgmp123; 05-17-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Don't diss Kirk

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I think the red flag should go up only when they start selling signed tribbles!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kirk.jpg (27.0 KB, 157 views)
Old 05-17-2012, 08:55 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
I think the red flag should go up only when they start selling signed tribbles!
Hazzaaa Hazzaaa! +1
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Shale Levine

The pictures are up. So, are all these autographs fakes? Why would they sell for such a low starting bid if they were real.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Richard Simon

Default Warning signs are all over this auction

1- All sales final.
2- Auction house may actually see the max bids,,, holy crap.
3- Not even a COA from the "barred on ebay" authenticators, this crap is certainly right up their alley.
I guess Kirk was too cheap to pay that $5-$10 per item for a "barred on ebay" COA.
4- Take a look at the Ruth cut,,,#1050
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-17-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
1- All sales final.
2- Auction house may actually see the max bids,,, holy crap.
3- Not even a COA from the barred on ebay authenticators.
4- Take a look at the Ruth cut,,,#1050
I emailed them immediately after I read the thread and asked if they were going to post photos. And they did.

A Kirk West responded to my email.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
The pictures are up. So, are all these autographs fakes? Why would they sell for such a low starting bid if they were real.
I think you answered your own question... Fake = Cheap...They start the bids low to generate interest...People place "Max" bid amounts and in turn the auctioneer will deliberately move the bid amount to the "max" amount...

Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
I think you answered your own question... Fake = Cheap...They start the bids low to generate interest...People place "Max" bid amounts and in turn the auctioneer will deliberately move the bid amount to the "max" amount...
Placing a max bid (if you do you seriously need therapy) with these clowns is the equivalent of going to the auctioneer and opening your wallet and saying, "take what you want."
I could be more vulgar in that quote but this is sort of a family site.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
Toyman you are a bundle of questions, every day .
But common sense should prevail in these kind of situations,think about it.
--
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Richard,

Did you happen to see the Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Speaker, Collins, Wagner bat? If real would be a HOLY FREAKING GRAIL! Such a joke...

Old 05-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Kaptain Kirks Auctions

Quote:
Richard,

Did you happen to see the Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Speaker, Collins, Wagner bat? If real would be a HOLY FREAKING GRAIL! Such a joke...
I think the bidding is up to a whopping $5.50.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Richard,

I looked at the cuts and considering I had decided to eat my lunch I did not want to do any more damage to my appetite.
I will probably head back there at some point to get a good laugh.
--
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

after looking at those cuts, i dont think they are real.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
I looked at the cuts and considering I had decided to eat my lunch I did not want to do any more damage to my appetite.
I will probably head back there at some point to get a good laugh.
I emailed him and told him that most of the cuts seem to come from the same piece of paper. I then asked him if that made him think about their authenticity. I also hate cuts that are in pencil anyways. I know that they can be real, but I also feel that pencil is used to cover up a multitude of forgers' sins. The really sad part is that he has some awesome baseball cards in this auction, but he has muddied the water with these garbage autos.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Some great cards indeed, which also makes me question the authenticity of most of those...

Old 05-20-2012, 11:33 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Default so the Holy Grail Bat...

Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, etc....just sold for $1600.

The Ruth ball just sold for $750!

But Drew certified that both were the real deal....Captain Kirk has stuck again!

Old 05-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, etc....just sold for $1600.

The Ruth ball just sold for $750!

But Drew certified that both were the real deal....Captain Kirk has stuck again!
And you will see them in your favorite retail store or scam website in about a week at triple mark up.
These things just go round and round and round, last one left holding the crap loses.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-20-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
And you will see them in your favorite retail store or scam website in about a week at triple mark up.
These things just go round and round and round, last one left holding the crap loses.
Yep, that's exactly what will happen.

When I first contacted Proxibid about the ton of forgeries being sold under their platform, their replies seemed sincere enough to credit them with investigating the matter. But I was wrong.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
James Wymer

[QUOTE=thetruthisoutthere;994339]I think the bidding is up to a whopping $5.50.
They do say at their auction when you listen live to not purchase according to the COA. Small consolation to those being had. Has anyone ever witnessed a real Gehrig, Ruth, and Cobb bat.
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 05-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Richard Simon

[QUOTE=Wymers Auction;995555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
I think the bidding is up to a whopping $5.50.
They do say at their auction when you listen live to not purchase according to the COA. Small consolation to those being had. Has anyone ever witnessed a real Gehrig, Ruth, and Cobb bat.
My guess would be that this buyer was not had. The next buyer will be the unlucky one to be had.
--