NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-21-2018, 10:11 PM

Default Looking for help/info on 1976 Sports Illustrated Living Legends Prints

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the forum. I’ve been a member for some time, but not active. I recently made a purchase on eBay of a wilt chamberlain and John Havlicek dual signed lithograph. This came from the Sports Illustrated living legends series.

SI released two separate releases, one of 1500 prints, and then a second run of different players of 1000 prints. The prints were signed by the athletes in pencil and sold through the magazine. The prints were created by numerous artists, one of whom was Bob Peak.

I’ve noticed that there are two types of wilt/Havlicek lithographs out there. One with a bob peak signature (not sure if facsimile or not) and one without. Mine, as pictured, does not have it.

I was wondering if any members might have some info on this variation, or have a reason to believe there are forgeries. There seem to be many without peak. My piece is serial numbered to /1000 like the others and is also JSA certified, but that is nothing more than an opinion. I’ve seen similar exemplars and many without the Peak auto, but I’m very interested of any members may have more insight into this. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2020, 05:43 PM

Thought I would try once more to see if anyone has any information or details on this one. This item is certified by JSA as well, but I can't figure out why there is variation in the print (some without Peak signature). If anyone has ideas it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Sports Illustrated Prints

I cannot answer why there would be a signature on some, but not others. Chamberlain / Havlicek is not one that I have had in quantity before, but I do have some of the original paperwork from these prints.

You'll note that on the C / H print there is no artist listed, nor do I see a Peak signature in the lower corner. Whereas with the Louis / Schmelling and others it plainly gives Peak credit for the print and you can see where his signature is. BTW, it is part of the painting and print and not an original signature by the artist.

My questions to you, although i have not searched it out myself, I have not seen one that is signed by Peak so I assume all C / H prints were unsigned prints.

Anyways, here are some photos of paperwork you might have already.

Well, the photos must be too large to upload. If you want me to send you these photos, send me an email with your email and i'll send them your way. Jason