NonSports Forum
Welcome to These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!

Go Back Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 02-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Brandon Bailey

35-10 Patriots
Old 02-04-2018, 01:58 PM

Patriots blow this one out. Over at half-time. This will be the first Patriots blow out ever.
Foles gets sacked.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Many a dollar has been won at the racetrack over the years by putting a bold red line through the name of any horse I selected, but......

Philadelphia 27
New England 21
Old 02-04-2018, 04:30 PM

I am hoping for the Eagles to win - don't care how or by how much.

But, for my pick 'em league, I picked Pats 37-10 in not only the coldest Super Bowl ever, but the most boring.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s

The Eagles are a complete team. The Pats are a one man show. Without Brady, no way are the Pats even a playoff contender, let alone a Super Bowl contender. The Eagles beat the Pats with a back up QB. Foiles looked amazing. I would have liked the Eagles to have played better D, but the D stepped up when it really mattered.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Raymond Culpepper

Great Game!
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

For me the key was that NE played very unimaginative defense and did not adjust at all as the game went on. They basically just sat back in coverage and gave Foles all the time in the world to complete mostly short to medium passes. I don't recall a single third down stop until the final FG. Granted the Eagles have a great front line, and obviously that's a big part of it, but NE needed to do something at least to try to disrupt his rhythm but did not. I thought NE did well to stay competitive despite the poor defense and kicking glitches.
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-04-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
I am surprised at how many believe the Eagles will win the game.

Help me out.

I can think of any number of reasons why NE will win, but have no answers why Philly will.

What am I missing with the Eagles?

This is why I don't gamble or play fantasy football......Congratulations to the Eagles and their fans!
Working on my 1973 set
Old 02-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Four quarters. CHECK

Possible OT. CHECK

One team will win. CHECK

All balls will be properly inflated. CHECK

At least one coach will wear a hoodie. CHECK, NE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR McDANIELS

Ratings will be disappointing. CHECK - EIGHT YEAR LOW

There will be 9 injury time out commercials. 2 of 3 timeouts with 3 commercials per timeout - NEEDED ONE MORE INJURY TIMEOUT

An extra point will be missed. CHECK. CHECK.

The roof of the new stadium will not collapse due to the weight of the snow, like the roof of the former stadium in Minneapolis. CHECK

Justin Timberlake will expose his chest at half time. NOPE, OH WAIT JANET WASN'T THERE
I really didn't do too bad.

519/1000 Monster Number --- WHAT'S YOUR MONSTER NUMBER?

Over*667* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-17.
Over 250 satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.

Eschewing skulduggery, one skuldug at a time.

Only 37.10% crazy based on recent polling data, but still a weird dude.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Ne@l K

Originally Posted by mrsportscardcollector View Post
patriots blow this one out. Over at half-time. This will be the first patriots blow out ever.
Foles gets sacked.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others