NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
thatched roof articles? leon, when do we get to the asians cant drive jokes?

she already said in her first posts if you cared to read them but you didn't, that she collects autographs and likes entertainment autographs, especially Filipino artists and celebrities, like efren reyes (world champion billiards player-sports omgosh!)

along with other filipinos like cheryl burke, phoebe cates, and martin nivera (singer).

so leon, how do you know she doesnt like and collect autographs and that a woman can't own and start a website of her own? she only knows how to thatch a hut? what kind of humor is that?

Does everybody else agree with this type of attempt at humor at the expense of others?
Let me make this perfectly clear Travis. I think you are a fu***** idiot.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Barry Sloate

The next time somebody on the main board asks, What are some of the craziest threads we've ever had on Net54, would everybody please be sure to cite this one. Because this thread would easily make the top three. I have been reading it and I still can't believe it.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
phoebe cates?
You're an ass, Travis, Phoebe Cates was born in New York City and attended Juilliard, pretty sure she never saw the inside of a thatched roof hut
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
The next time somebody on the main board asks, What are some of the craziest threads we've ever had on Net54, would everybody please be sure to cite this one. Because this thread would easily make the top three. I have been reading it and I still can't believe it.

Barry, I've got this as number 4, but the day isn't over yet. It's showing promise, and I think Mr. Chao is under threat of being surpassed.

1. Bruce (RIP) threatens to sue Archive (RIP)

and then a whole bunch of space before we hit

2. NYC dinner thread
3. One with Peter Chao that I can't recall offhand
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
You're an ass, Travis, Phoebe Cates was born in New York City and attended Juilliard, pretty sure she never saw the inside of a thatched roof hut
The only thing I know about Phoebe Cates is that she is still smokin' hawt and Kevin Kline is one lucky SOB.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Jim Murphy

I don't collect autograph's. Thank God!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
I don't collect autograph's. Thank God!
Not about the autographs. It is about a coward.

Cheryl Burke,Burke grew up in Atherton, California No hut here.

Nievera was born on February 5, 1962, in Manila, Philippines with twin sister, Victoria, to Bert Nievera and Conchita Razon. Nievera spent most of his childhood in Hawaii with his mother and father, as his father sang for the group Society of Seven. The Nievera family also took up residence in the Bay Area in California for a short time in the late '70s. He graduated from Clayton Valley High School (Concord, California) in 1980. No hut there.

Last edited by shelly; 09-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
thatched roof articles? leon, when do we get to the asians cant drive jokes?

she already said in her first posts if you cared to read them but you didn't, that she collects autographs and likes entertainment autographs, especially Filipino artists and celebrities, like efren reyes (world champion billiards player-sports omgosh!)

along with other filipinos like cheryl burke, phoebe cates, and martin nivera (singer).

so leon, how do you know she doesnt like and collect autographs and that a woman can't own and start a website of her own? she only knows how to thatch a hut? what kind of humor is that?

Does everybody else agree with this type of attempt at humor at the expense of others?
Travis, you might've missed my post. Can you help me open my account?

Ken
Old 09-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Scott

answer the original question. Are you totally clueless? Stop this, even if the entertainment is top shelf
Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Banned

I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

a few here have doubted her sincerity, even though they have.

1. never talked to her.

2. never communicated in any way with her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.

Last edited by travrosty; 09-11-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I am quitting net54 today because of the unfounded and biased attacks towards my wife from a few on here. she is a woman and owns her own autograph site and was attacked assuming she didnt own it because she was a woman. i told people she has had a hard life and didnt need these attacks, but i guess that was interpreted by a few to keep piling on harder and more frequently.

If you go to her website, you will see she is an autograph collector, and she states her autograph interests.

a few here have doubted her sincerity, even though they have.

1. never talked to her.

2. never communicated in any way with her.

3. dont know her.

Then when chris w. says that she has never written an autograph article. a guy named Leon Luckey, the moderator here who should know better, says that maybe she should write an article on thatching roofs.

Leon knows she is from Philippines (Asia), and yet that comment does not strike him as racist. should it have been replaced with a comment like "how to eat rice", or "how to do math", would it be the same lighthearted comment?

it's racist, plain and simple and there are Asian members here and there are also members here with Asian wives. Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for.

I don't want to be part of these forums anymore where women and asians arent welcome lest they be the butt of jokes or taken less seriously than men, with people assuming they can't own their own sports or autograph website.

Leon, please take me off your active list. I am more comfortable elsewhere where people don't take the low road just because they disagree with someone.
I am sticking with my original assessment. And you can quote me...I think you are a Fu***** idiot.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Don't worry, he will be back. He is kinda like Adrian (Hi Adrian).
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
Barry, I've got this as number 4, but the day isn't over yet. It's showing promise, and I think Mr. Chao is under threat of being surpassed.

1. Bruce (RIP) threatens to sue Archive (RIP)

and then a whole bunch of space before we hit

2. NYC dinner thread
3. One with Peter Chao that I can't recall offhand
Hi Anthony- I'm with you on #1 and 2, but this one has enough pizzazz to move into the new #3 slot.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Rich Klein

Default As they on the PSA Boards

In before the lock and Dan/Leon, please note I actually brought this thread BACK on point

Last edited by Rich Klein; 09-11-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Travis,

The biggest insult to your wife in this thread was made by you. You basically said she was too weak to defend herself. If she grew up in a hut for most of her life, then she is, without a doubt, resilient. This kind of questioning should be a piece of cake for her to handle.

Not only are you an f***in idiot, but you are a coward to the fullest extent. Let me ask you something... when you two get into a disagreement and she questions you - do you completely ignore the question and try to put the blame on her? Be a man for God's sake. You brought this on to yourself and you don't have the cojones to admit it.

You and Peter Nash are the perfect pair... in fact, maybe Nora Roste is actually Peter Nash, and the whole hut story is made up.

-
Sh@un F.yffe

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards

Last edited by CharleyBrown; 09-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:52 PM
$teve O.

Did Travis have this all planned out?

Denies Chris membership to his site knowing he will
start a thread here.
Comes on when Chris asks why,and tells us his wife owns
the site.
Doesn't answer the question,but keeps saying we are picking
on her because she is a female and tells us about how rough her
life was.
Brings on his buddy DB who post without putting in his name in
the post.
Now he goes on the planet posting how people on here are racists
put down women,and make up the rules as we go,to make his site
look better.

Or is he just a f#@*ing idiot?
Old 09-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39special View Post
Did Travis have this all planned out?

Denies Chris membership to his site knowing he will
start a thread here.
Comes on when Chris asks why,and tells us his wife owns
the site.
Doesn't answer the question,but keeps saying we are picking
on her because she is a female and tells us about how rough her
life was.
Brings on his buddy DB who post without putting in his name in
the post.
Now he goes on the planet posting how people on here are racists
put down women,and make up the rules as we go,to make his site
look better.

Or is he just a f#@*ing idiot?
the latter
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
I am quitting net54 today.

Na Na Na Na...Na Na Na Na...Hey Hey GOODBYE! and Good night!

Jeff
Old 09-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
you really want to pick on someones wife, what is wrong with you?
I was addressing the "owner" and person "in-charge" of AutographPlanet.

How the heck was I "picking" on the "owner" and person "in-charge?"

The Planet has been active since May(?) and it's now September, and I have yet to see an article on autographs from the "owner."

Travis, you call that "picking on?"

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 09-12-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
I am quitting net54 today

Well...bye.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Just read this entire thread. Figured it was something to do while watching the Mets lose. I have to admit it was fun to watch Travis drag his wife into the thread every chance he got instead of answering a simple question.

After about the first 150 posts, this thread was no longer entertaining for me. It became a grind for me to finish it. Nobody can be that stupid. My guess is Travis and his buddies are just trying to increase traffic to their website.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Wasn't there a movie called Paradise in the early 1980's with a very young, pretty and barely dressed Phoebe Cates. She may have been in a thatched roof hut during the filming of that movie

Rich
Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Barry Sloate

She was topless in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:27 AM
S Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipk1068 View Post
Just read this entire thread. Figured it was something to do while watching the Mets lose. I have to admit it was fun to watch Travis drag his wife into the thread every chance he got instead of answering a simple question.

After about the first 150 posts, this thread was no longer entertaining for me. It became a grind for me to finish it. Nobody can be that stupid. My guess is Travis and his buddies are just trying to increase traffic to their website.
100 percent spot on from a casual observer like myself. Word for word.

It was clear Mr. Travis was being stupid on purpose, and he saved the best for last by summing up the whole saga by declaring that this board is against women and Asians. He knew what he was doing. Credit to him for actually making people wonder if he was serious, etc.

Last edited by Baseball Fan; 09-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Rich Klein

Default And trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
She was topless in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
I believe she also had scenes not wearing any clothes in Paradise.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I believe she also had scenes not wearing any clothes in Paradise.
I'll have to research further on mrskin.com
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
I'll have to research further on mrskin.com
Old 09-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Phoebe Cates [Katz] was born in NYC. Her uncle Gilbert Cates used to produce the Oscars telecasts. By birth she is 3/4 Russian-Jewish, 1/4 Filipino of Chinese descent. In other words, she is as Filipino as Jack Dempsey or Pete Sampras are Jewish [1/4 each]. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that there weren't too many thatched huts in Manhattan...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

closed at the request of the op.

Tags
autographplanet, nora roste