NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Default any info? Please???

Posted By: travis

I just got an e107 and i was wondering if anyone knows how rare they are like maybe a ball park figure of how many exist and just a rough estimate of how much commons are going for! thanks everyone!

Old 03-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Check this link on Old Cardboard...It will give you basic information on the set. You will get a far more detailed answer if you were to post a scan of the card you bought.

http://www.oldcardboard.com/e/e1/e107/e107.asp?cardsetID=750

Old 03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Masson

You can also try www.caramel-cards.com
If it's a Mathewson, please sell it to me.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Administrator

sorry its such a bad pic!

Old 03-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

since I'm the resident bad guy, I'll step up. You've already posted about this card once, a day or 2 ago. You mentioned there you paid $300. If you have no clue as to vlaue of cards from a given set, then you really shouldn't be buying cards from that set and then wondering if you paid too much or not. Your homework should be done before the purchase, not afterwards.

Also, I cannot stress this enough, use the search function. There is so much information that can be learned just from this simple feature. After using it, then go ahead and post particular questions you may have.

Don't take this post personally, according to most board memebers, I attack all noobs

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

$300 for that card is about right. E107's don't pop up every day and most type card collectors will take anything from that set.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

so if i sent this in to sgc would they more than likely give it an authentic? the front is ok except for the little chip and the back has paper missing but still overall ok...i've never send a card to be graded ...j/w! thanks!

Old 03-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't get a 10. AUTH is usually reserved for cards that have been trimmed or altered in some way, or don't meet minimum meaurements. This card seems ok except for the part the bugs ate.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

i measured the card and compared the measurements to the standard catalog of baseball cards and it was 1/16 short on both sides...or atleast it appeared to be...thanks!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Administrator

i'm going to submit this card to a grading company...unfortunately i've never sent a card to get it graded so i have no idea which is best for a card such as an e107! i've seen several e107's graded by sgc and they look nice? which would you suggest?

Old 03-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

SGC is best, it is $10 per card, and will take about 3 weeks.

Your card should grade a SGC-A, or at best a SGC-10. For some reason they are using "A" now for Authentic, not the "AUT" I saw before. Today I just got a bunch of strip cards and one extremely low grade N28 back all with the "A" grade.

You may want to think about send more than one card in, the shipping charges (usually $18-$25 round trip) are basicly the same if you send 1 or if you send 10-15 cards. Good luck.

edited to add picture

My card gets an "A"!!!

Frank

Old 03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Can anyone enlighten me with some popuation info about the e107 breisch williams set. I've heard from some that they speculate as few as 10 of each player and i was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on that! thanks a lot!