NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2018, 01:09 AM
Jenx34 Jenx34 is offline
Ch.ris Jenk.ins
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 334
Default Something New - Ebay Feedback

Got this feedback yesterday (Thurs Night)
NICE VERY NICE CARD'S !!.GOOD BUISNESS.FASTEST DELIVERY !!.THANK YOU.HAROLD

Not so weird, except for the fact that the cards haven't yet been paid for or shipped! Won 13 cards, got 12 more of the same feedback today (Friday). Then get an email saying the customer would pay me Saturday.

Am I THAT good? ha ha
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-03-2018, 06:03 AM
DHogan's Avatar
DHogan DHogan is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 537
Default

I received positive feedback from Probstein within minutes of me paying.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2018, 06:17 AM
hcv123 hcv123 is offline
Howard Chasser
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
Got this feedback yesterday (Thurs Night)
NICE VERY NICE CARD'S !!.GOOD BUISNESS.FASTEST DELIVERY !!.THANK YOU.HAROLD

Not so weird, except for the fact that the cards haven't yet been paid for or shipped! Won 13 cards, got 12 more of the same feedback today (Friday). Then get an email saying the customer would pay me Saturday.

Am I THAT good? ha ha
What if he doesn't pay you?!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:36 AM
jfkheat jfkheat is offline
James
James Kin.chen
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
I received positive feedback from Probstein within minutes of me paying.
Probstein has it set up so that feedback is automatically left when payment is received.
James
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Jenx34 Jenx34 is offline
Ch.ris Jenk.ins
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
I received positive feedback from Probstein within minutes of me paying.
Yeah, but that is an automatic feedback from the seller. This feedback is from the buyer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2018, 02:08 AM
Stampsfan's Avatar
Stampsfan Stampsfan is offline
Bob Davies
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 550
Default

I've seen people with new accounts leave feedback on their early purchases. The whole auction thing is new to them, and sometimes they are just happy to have win the auction.

Eventually they become jaded and cynical like the rest of us, and will better understand the process.
__________________
Two successful transactions on Net54 so far: greenmonster66; Peter_Spaeth
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Jenx34 Jenx34 is offline
Ch.ris Jenk.ins
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
What if he doesn't pay you?!
Funny you should mention that and a strange twist to this one.... He paid for those cards, received them and sent this Ebay message. Note all of his messages come in All Caps and spelling errors/typos throughout.

MR.CHRIS SIR., YUR IDEA WITH THIS BLUE PAOER TAPE IS DOWN RITE GENIUS SIR.!!!!. YUR THE BEST THAT HAS, AND IS DONE IT !!@. IN ALL MY SH*T- TONS, AS* -TONS, FU*K-TONS OF CARD'S TO THIS DAY, AND DATE ON eBay SIR. YUR THE BEST THAT DINE THIS PROPERLY !!!?. YUR AWESUM MR.CHRIS SIR !!@@. THANK YOU. IF THE OTHER'S DUMB AS*'S WILL SIMPLY NOT/STOP USEING SCOTCH TAPE ?. THEY FU*KN RUIN THE TOP LEADER'S. WHAT A FU*KN SHAM/MESS I TELL/SAY YA !?. ANYWHO SIR., THANK YOU FOR THE NICE CARD'S !!. THANK YOU FOR HAVEN THIS SAME PASSION NOT MANY US HAVE. THANK YOU. HAROLD

Then he proceeds to bid on more cards in the next group the following Thursday. My final group was to go off Monday night so I messaged him and all other winners offering to let them hold payment if they wanted to bid on Monday's cards too and I would combine shipping on all. I was going out of town that weekend, so waiting was good for me. He left the same feedback on those cards as well and said he had already placed bids on several cards in Monday's group.

Monday comes and goes, no additional bids from him and he doesn't win any more cards. Now, he has disappeared. Hasn't paid, and obviously I haven't shipped. So I have 5 or 6 more cards that feedback was left, yet this time no payment. I've sent him an invoice twice and two messages.

I'll wait until Sunday night or Monday to file an Unpaid Case, but it was just weird that he paid as discussed the first group, sent probably 10 different messages and now nothing. I'm wondering how stable this guy is or if he is in jail or a hospital. But that would be guessing!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-17-2018, 02:43 PM
hcv123 hcv123 is offline
Howard Chasser
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,090
Default Perhaps.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
Funny you should mention that and a strange twist to this one.... He paid for those cards, received them and sent this Ebay message. Note all of his messages come in All Caps and spelling errors/typos throughout.

MR.CHRIS SIR., YUR IDEA WITH THIS BLUE PAOER TAPE IS DOWN RITE GENIUS SIR.!!!!. YUR THE BEST THAT HAS, AND IS DONE IT !!@. IN ALL MY SH*T- TONS, AS* -TONS, FU*K-TONS OF CARD'S TO THIS DAY, AND DATE ON eBay SIR. YUR THE BEST THAT DINE THIS PROPERLY !!!?. YUR AWESUM MR.CHRIS SIR !!@@. THANK YOU. IF THE OTHER'S DUMB AS*'S WILL SIMPLY NOT/STOP USEING SCOTCH TAPE ?. THEY FU*KN RUIN THE TOP LEADER'S. WHAT A FU*KN SHAM/MESS I TELL/SAY YA !?. ANYWHO SIR., THANK YOU FOR THE NICE CARD'S !!. THANK YOU FOR HAVEN THIS SAME PASSION NOT MANY US HAVE. THANK YOU. HAROLD

Then he proceeds to bid on more cards in the next group the following Thursday. My final group was to go off Monday night so I messaged him and all other winners offering to let them hold payment if they wanted to bid on Monday's cards too and I would combine shipping on all. I was going out of town that weekend, so waiting was good for me. He left the same feedback on those cards as well and said he had already placed bids on several cards in Monday's group.

Monday comes and goes, no additional bids from him and he doesn't win any more cards. Now, he has disappeared. Hasn't paid, and obviously I haven't shipped. So I have 5 or 6 more cards that feedback was left, yet this time no payment. I've sent him an invoice twice and two messages.

I'll wait until Sunday night or Monday to file an Unpaid Case, but it was just weird that he paid as discussed the first group, sent probably 10 different messages and now nothing. I'm wondering how stable this guy is or if he is in jail or a hospital. But that would be guessing!
The guy who was buying up all the 52 Bartirome cards has shifted gears?

or

It was part of the Russian election team trying to provide cover

or

perhaps there was a developing aneurism

or

anyone else???
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-17-2018, 03:50 PM
Jenx34 Jenx34 is offline
Ch.ris Jenk.ins
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
The guy who was buying up all the 52 Bartirome cards has shifted gears?

or

It was part of the Russian election team trying to provide cover

or

perhaps there was a developing aneurism

or

anyone else???
Weird thing is, I looked up his profile on FB. His profile says he want to Harvard. ha ha He does look a little off. Also a quick google search did unearth a few arrests, so who knows he could be off on a bender, in jail or in the hospital after an OD?

On a separate note, I got a message today from a non-payer from an earlier auction apologizing saying he bid on a bunch of cards and went out of town and forgot about them, came home to ebay and found a mess. He only won 1 card from me and I told him I had already offered it to the next highest bidder and sold it.

Had 3 non-payers in the 3 groups of 1971s. The above two and a 3rd who ignored all invoices and messages and then paid almost immediately once I opened an Unpaid Case.

Had only 1 non-payer in all auctions before those.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2018, 06:49 PM
chalupacollects chalupacollects is offline
Ti.m H.
Tim Hu,nt
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 195
Default

Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't sell anymore 71's? Lol!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eBay: Seller's feedback 'not given until feedback received' OldEnglishD Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 32 08-21-2015 10:51 AM
Is this ebay feedback appropriate? alanu Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 29 10-25-2012 11:31 AM
ebay feedback Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 10 05-23-2006 09:13 AM
eBay feedback Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 06-12-2003 04:04 PM
Feedback on ebay Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 20 05-20-2002 12:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.


ebay GSB