NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Robert Williams

Default Has anyone gotten their LOVE OF THE GAME auction wins yet?

I was just curious....I thought Al shipped as quickly as Sterling did? I tried to call to no avail....
Old 06-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Alan U

i sent an e-mail yesterday and didn't get a response yet.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
John

No, I have not -- I paid on 6/5 via paypal and have had no acknowledgment. Is this typical of them? First time I've bought from their auctions.
1909 - 1911 T206 Polar Bear (29/250)
1909 - 1911 T206 Basic Backs (9/16)
Old 06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Erich W

Me neither, took them awhile to even send me the invoice too.

EJW
Old 06-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

At least I am not alone.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Al

Hi everybody!

Just saw this thread, so I figured I'd drop in and let everyone know what's up.

We're a little behind in sending out winnings, for two reasons: first, a LOT more people paid via PayPal the day I sent out invoices, which just means a bigger batch of packages to put together right away (thanks for paying so quickly!). Second, back in the winter we had made the decision to set up at Rich Altman's show in Edison, NJ this past weekend, in an effort to support the idea of a new card show in New Jersey. Unfortunately, preparing for the show and actually exhibiting at it pretty much shut us down from Thursday through Sunday.

We're back up to speed this week, a group of packages went out today, and another big batch will be going out tomorrow. All packages will be shipped via Priority Mail except the big, heavy ones (so they'll be delivered in 2-3 days from the ship date), and every winner gets an automated email letting them know when their item shipped.

A little more concerning are the comments about not receiving an invoice or a response to an email. All invoices were emailed out by close of business Monday, June 2. If you have not received one, please check your spam folder, and if it isn't there, please drop me a note at info@loveofthegameauctions.com and I will re-send it to you as soon as I read the email.

In terms of email responses, I've got nothing in my inbox related to the auction to which I haven't responded. If you're waiting to hear from me and have not yet, PLEASE accept my apologies and PLEASE email me again, as I like to be as accessible as possible, particularly in the days after an auction.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient, your winnings are on the way!

-Al

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 06-10-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Robert Williams

Cool deal!! How was the show in NJ? Good to see you are promoting the local shows!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:13 PM

I've won items in the past from LOTG and I think they are awesome. Al is a class act.

Joe
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Tony N.

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Graham View Post
I've won items in the past from LOTG and I think they are awesome. Al is a class act.

Joe
No worries with LOTG. AL is a true gentleman.

Tony
Old 06-10-2014, 11:00 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

No email received yet--hopefully one tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:15 PM

FWIW- There should be ZERO concerns with Al/LOTG. Top shelf all the way.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Al

Thanks for the support guys, but yes, it's definitely been slower than I typically like. Things are definitely getting back up to speed, though, a large number of packages went out today (and I'm making more right now). Remind me not to schedule an auction the week before a show!

Bobby, to answer your question about the Edison show - it was slow, but it was a brand new show on a gorgeous weekend in June. I am hoping that Rich keeps it going, maybe moves it to the early spring or late fall. It's a really nice venue that isn't easy to find, so it's not like casual collectors will happen upon it and drop in. People need to know about it, and I think that's the kind of thing that happens over time. Also, they had lots of autograph guests, but only one baseball player - a AA player in the Yankees organization. I think some veteran Yankees and Mets might have brought more people out.

All that being said, anything that brings collectors together to talk face-to-face is fine by me.

-Al
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
FWIW- There should be ZERO concerns with Al/LOTG. Top shelf all the way.
My feelings as well. I got my email today, and am excited to receive my winnings. Always been happy with LOTG's great auctions and service.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Graig Kreindler

Al rules.

Graig
Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 AM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Al rules.

Graig
+1
This little hobby of ours is served by an array of felons and bigshot douchebags and the occasional good guy (hi Leon). Al is one of the latter. He's a one-man show, busting his rear to run a great auction. Be grateful for guys like Al (and Ryan C and Robert K and Lee B and Joe Y and Dave S to name some). You don't need to worry about him.

Last edited by Kawika; 06-12-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Wrong Behrens brother
Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
+1
This little hobby of ours is served by an array of felons and bigshot douchebags and the occasional good guy (hi Leon). Al is one of the latter. He's a one-man show, busting his rear to run a great auction. Be grateful for guys like Al (and Ryan C and Robert K and Jay B and Joe Y and Dave S to name some). You don't need to worry about him.
Super +1

I have only consigned twice, and once was through Al, simply because he is such a likable guy and clearly hardworking and honest. Looking forward to tossing a few back with him this year in Cleveland. You too, David - be there.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

I won a lot at LOTG and it was my first auction win!! I noticed that he preferred payment by check or MO so I mailed off a check as soon as I got my invoice. Now, I haven't received my items yet but I know that checks take time to clear, so for me it is no big deal. I am excited to get my stuff and am looking forward to his next auction!

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Al C

Yes, indeed, top shelf!!!
all the best,
barry
Old 06-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Greg Mitchell

Hate to interrupt the love fest here, but auction ended two full weeks ago and I have not even received a notice that winnings have been mailed. Yes, I paid by check (right away) but that should have cleared a week ago easily.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Mike Kaminski

I paid by paypal the Monday invoices were sent and my package was sent yesterday (Canada).
Old 06-14-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMitch34 View Post
Hate to interrupt the love fest here, but auction ended two full weeks ago and I have not even received a notice that winnings have been mailed. Yes, I paid by check (right away) but that should have cleared a week ago easily.
I'm a supporter and repeat customer of LOTG, but I'm in the same boat...paid by credit card on the website...no indication of shipping yet...

Cheers,
Blair
Old 06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
John

Still nothing for me either. Tick, tick, tick, tick
1909 - 1911 T206 Polar Bear (29/250)
1909 - 1911 T206 Basic Backs (9/16)
Old 06-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Top notch service. Got mine yesterday. I think we all need to be a little more patient.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 06-14-2014, 10:49 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Top notch service. Got mine yesterday. I think we all need to be a little more patient.
Glad to see you got yours. I'm still waiting on mine....
Old 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Just received this email from LOTG:

Dear Valued Customer:

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your participation in our recent Spring auction, and to provide some information about the status of your order.

The Spring auction was our biggest yet. In addition to offering our largest number of lots, the auction also received our largest number of bids, from our largest amount of bidders. The lots were won by our largest number of different participants. We were thrilled!

Equally exciting was the number of people who elected to pay their invoices right away. Typically, we receive payments from about 25% of our winning bidders in the days immediately following the auction close. This time, we received a much, much higher percentage.

As part of our ongoing marketing, this past winter I made a decision to exhibit at a new card and memorabilia show, which was held in Edison, New Jersey, from June 6 through June 8. It is important to me that LOTG support regional card shows whenever possible, particularly when they're right in our backyard.

The mistake here, of course, is that while LOTG is growing, it is still difficult to do two things at once. So while we were preparing for and exhibiting at the show, many of our winning bidders were paying their invoices and hoping for the quick shipment that they've come to expect from us. When we returned from the show on Monday, we were swamped!

Suffice to say that we are diligently working to get orders packed and fulfilled as quickly as possible, without sacrificing the quality and accuracy our customers have come to expect from us. We've gained quite a bit of ground during the week, but still have a ways to go. We'll be working through the weekend, and I expect that we will be caught up by the beginning of the week.

If you have already received your winnings, or if you've received an email notice that your winnings are on the way, congratulations on your bids and thank you for participating. If you have not, please know that we're doing our very best to get your material out to you as quickly as possible. And either way, please know that I'll be putting measures in place to ensure that such delays don't happen again in the future.

Thanks once again for your patience and support of Love of the Game.

Warm Regards,

Al Crisafulli

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM

Paid with cashier's check immediately so I was getting concerned because notice of shipment hadn't been received but got Al's email this morning so hopefully it will be shipped soon. Ordinarily shipment is quick but I'll give him a mulligan on this one.