NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-03-2018, 06:28 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default MLB Extra Innings

Does anyone have it? Specifically, I am having issues with Cardinals telecasts. They are out of market for me, but this weekend during the free trial, they were still blacked out even though they are out of market and even though I was assured they would never be blacked out. To get Cardinals games here I have always taken out the DirecTV sports pack for $13.99 a month. This gets me among other channels Fox Sports Midwest which carries Cardinals games. However I thought that since the Cardinals are an out-of-market team for me I could get Extra Innings which would give me the Cardinals and everyone else.

When the sports pack was activated along with the free trial of Extra Innings the Cardinal game appeared on Extra Innings. But when I had DirecTV turn off the sports pack that is when the game was blacked out on Extra Innings. So tonight the Cardinals game is on Extra Innings. But I am trying to ascertain whether that is just because the Sports Pack is activated.

I hope this ramble makes sense to someone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 04-03-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Does anyone have it? Specifically, I am having issues with Cardinals telecasts. They are out of market for me, but this weekend during the free trial, they were still blacked out even though they are out of market and even though I was assured they would never be blacked out. To get Cardinals games here I have always taken out the DirecTV sports pack for $13.99 a month. This gets me among other channels Fox Sports Midwest which carries Cardinals games. However I thought that since the Cardinals are an out-of-market team for me I could get Extra Innings which would give me the Cardinals and everyone else.

When the sports pack was activated along with the free trial of Extra Innings the Cardinal game appeared on Extra Innings. But when I had DirecTV turn off the sports pack that is when the game was blacked out on Extra Innings. So tonight the Cardinals game is on Extra Innings. But I am trying to ascertain whether that is just because the Sports Pack is activated.

I'm very happy to listen on radio.

When they start blacking-out radio broadcasts, I'll wind up like Jack Nicolson in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' and just make it up myself.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Ben North

Not sure of your opinion on a Jailbroken Amazon Fire Stick. If you have WiFi you can watch pretty much anything you want including any sporting event.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:51 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post

I tried to turn on MLB Network, which wasn't showing any games, but MLB Tonight, and it said I was blacked out. What a bunch of BS!

I was going to get MLB Extra Innings via DirecTV, but now I'm seriously thinking about just doing it through the Roku. I might have to upgrade my player, but this way I won't have to worry about getting blocked by TV. I've never had an issue with Extra Innings when using the Roku.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Not sure of your opinion on a Jailbroken Amazon Fire Stick. If you have WiFi you can watch pretty much anything you want including any sporting event.
I have a fire stick and wifi. How do I get any MLB game?!?!
Old 04-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
I have a fire stick and wifi. How do I get any MLB game?!?!
Sent you a PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:30 PM
St@n Go.len

I'm in the Tampa market so I get Ray's games but I'm a Yankees fan the only time Yankees games are blacked out on MLB Extra Innings is if they are playing the Rays , in which case I just have to watch the Rays telecast on the cable channel . Otherwise I see every Yankee game that's on MLB Extra Innings. The only thing I don't really like is I usually get the away broadcast for them which is fine but sometimes the games itself are not in HD . doesn't happen often but every now and then it's kind of annoying to watch SD but otherwise MLB Extra Innings is a must for me

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk