NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Default Spreadsheet suggestions?

Posted By: Dave F

I'm looking for any suggestions anyone may have on a good spreadsheet for tracking my cards. I know a couple website have some things..but I"m looking more for like a microsoft spreadsheet, excel or something like that....maybe if anyone has one that would work for showing what I purchased the cards for, a place for current values, and a place for what cards i've sold with the money received and such? Any ideas please email me! Thanks!

Old 04-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Here is a sample of a page i basically used. I haven't fixed it recently but there are three types of pages - sets, type cards, player (depending on what you collect). I will update it when i make the changes but this should be good for now.

Card Spreadsheet

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me
The Black Sox Blog

Old 04-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

On VCP you can track your collections on line and now have 2 options to choose. You can print out your sets or download it as a csv.file

Old 04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Microsoft's Excel works well. Don't have to join anything or pay anything to use it, once you have it. And what you have stays on your PC...

Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sam Aker

I am sorry but I am fed up. Mr. Binder, you need to take a hike. If you want to advertise your service, Leon has banner ads for you. Otherwise, I think you should be kicked to the street. You peddle your company on here non-stop and have done the same on PSA. For all of you who use the PSA boards, look for posts by "hofcollectoronly", this is Mr. Binder or one of his companies. You have established enough "partnerships" that you shouldn't have to say anything else. While on the PSA boards, he plays dumb or he actively promotes how "wonderful" the service is. Griffins is a big supporter of your company and has been posting information on your behalf. He is a legitimate and honest person. That should be enough for you. There was a thread on here earlier that showed how you were stealing money. Then you tried to make it look as if the other person was lying by posting his IP information. That is surely an invasion of privacy, but even so, it was fake. AOL changes IPs for people. Over an extended period of time, he would not have the same address. This post is from someone who even SAYS THEY KNOW ABOUT YOU... THEY ARE A CUSTOMER (BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION)!!! YET YOU STILL PEDDLE YOUR CRAP. TAKE A HIKE. YOU ARE A LIAR AND A BLIGHT ON THIS COMMUNITY!!!! He specifically asks for EXCEL OPTIONS!!! Stop stealing from your customers and peddle your stuff elsewhere!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zinn

What the F*** prompted that diatribe?????

All Binder did was make an alternative suggestion to the poster to consider and you go and dredge up the crap from the past.

Those of us who follow this board are fully aware of the past.

I, for one, find Binder's contributions helpful.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quoted:
"I'm looking for any suggestions anyone may have on a good spreadsheet for tracking my cards. I know a couple website have some things..but I"m looking more for like a microsoft spreadsheet, excel or something like that"

Old 04-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Bobby is a whore, plain and simple. When he first started up his site, it was non-stop pimping of his site any chance he got. I do agree that the avatar is over the top. I'm not a fan of ads on this site, but using your avatar to get free advertising on a site that charges for ads, is pretty low. I know that if I were Leon, Bobby would be changing his avatar and be on a very short leash. Then again, Leon has more patience with idiots like Bobby than I do.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Sam,

For your information and the computer savy person you seem to be a csv.file is a spreadsheet format that can be used on multiple platforms including excel.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Administrator

I'm not a fan of the banner ads either, but since they are their, they should be used as an option. I'd be pissed if i were an advertiser and other people were circumventing that option to advertise.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Bobby -
Great! Now explain to me why you posted that here?

Old 04-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Dave is a member and he should know about the option. Would of been nice if he asked me directly.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Bobby - "
Dave is a member and he should know about the option. Would of been nice if he asked me directly."

What the hell are you talking about? What did he have to ask you about directly, he was asking about something OTHER than your site. I'm leaving for a few hours, but I will respond if need be when I get back. Bobby, you are full of bullsh*t. I'm not so sure how a CSV exported from your site helps him anyway!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony

<<Griffins is a big supporter of your company and has been posting information on your behalf. He is a legitimate and honest person>>

Not quite sure how I got dragged into this, but one part of this comment needs some clarification. I have never posted any info on behalf of Bobby, nor has he ever asked me to. I posted it for whatever poster on CU needed a specific quote. I did ask vcp at one point if this was allowed under my user agreement, and was told it was OK on occasion. Fair enough.
I pay the same 9.95 a month everyone else does.
Other than that, thank you for your second comment.

In answer to your specific question, there is a collector that builds custom excel spreadsheets, and once he's built them for one person he makes them available on his website, free but donations accepted. I use it for my collection, and he's done a couple of hundred sets for me, so many are available.

http://virtualizard.5u.com/Cards/Set%20Registry%20Spreadsheets/Set%20Registry%20Spreadsheets.html

JEB is a good guy, so if they have any value to you I'm sure he'd appreciate a small token of appreciation.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Sam,

If you every tried it you might like it...you can use the checklists and create your collection. Then it is simple you can either choose to print out the set our export it as a csv.file that you can open up in excel. I just think it would be a waste of his time to have to enter every card number and players name for a set. Especially when he access to that already for FREE.

Besides what is with your language and these brutal confrontations? I can understand Jay hating me but to be honest after watching and participating on this board for almost 2 years this is the first time I have every noticed you posting.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Hi Anthony,
Sorry for the misrepresentation. I don't want to edit that statement, but what i meant was ... you are someone who believe in his product and you have decided to actively "promote it" because of that (not because you are a representative of the company). While I don't like that type of promotion myself, I have no problem with that. You are an honest and upstanding collector. What I have a problem with is Bobby posting under the hofcollector only id and acting as if it is not him. And now I really am gone for a few hours. I'll talk more later if need be.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Administrator

oops, wrong thread

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Sam,

For the Record I am not HOFCOLLECTOR or what ever it is and I have not posted on the CU board since last summer and it was under the user name VCPbobby. Check and see beside I believe you are only allowed one user name there and it is tracked by your ip address.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Save the $120 a year... quit wasting that. Use Excel and buy an extra $100 card each year. Get some plastic card holding sheets, put those bonus cards in them, find a ring binder, Sharpie "Bobby" on the spine, and there you go... your "Bobby" cards are almost free!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Denny

Sorry Sam(I'm Not),

(Other Thread...(Is anyone else sick of Bobby promoting his site here?))

Your still on your own!

Life's Grand,
Denny(I am) Walsh

Old 04-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Bobby,
Okay so maybe you are not hofcollectoronly. If that is the case then it is someone awfully close to your company or an employee. There is on doubt you know of the posts and have something to do with them based on the information available through them. Based on the posts, i seriously doubt that it isn't just you. I suspect that you should be smart enough to admit this and move on, rather than build lies on lies. Perhaps Carlos aka Tequilashot is "hofcollectoronly". The IP address excuse is totally bogus. As I have mentioned before, most people's ip addresses change. It's interesting that you never responded in the other thread when you posted a bogus "screenshot" with the same ip address for a user over several months. This is complicated by the fact that they are an AOL user, which means THEIR IP CHANGES. If you can prove that I am wrong on that front, I would LOVE to hear it. It is a shame that some of the more reputable people in this industry have elected to "partner" with you. You have been called out time and time again and have yet to provide a truthful response to anything. Show me proof that I am wrong and I'll sign up for your service for several years over. There are at least 3 other services out there providing similar services, and ALL of them are less money.

Sam

Old 04-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Administrator

sorry worng place

Old 04-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Not sure what took place here last night...but it is getting pretty bad when a spreadsheet even causes problems. For the record I am aware of Bobby's sheet and do use it..it is helpful. What I was asking for was little different with me being a computer retard. I did get what I was looking for though....thanks.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Dave,
I think this has run its course, that being said - I agree it's bad. But correct me if I am wrong, you posted this for the specific reason of getting information about a spreadsheet. You also did not want to see Mr. Binder post about his service. It's a total shame that with a 500 post currently running that strikes at the core of integrity of the hobby, that nothing really happens.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Sam,

You come on this board to attack and slander me with no proof and any thing you posted was wrong. Now you take your name off the your post and that is a direct violation of the board rules. So please stop these attacks that have been unprovoked by me.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: What's my name and how do i figure it out?

Bobby,
Give me a break. I have not taken my name off of any of my posts.

1) Slander is spoken, LIBEL is written
2) What I am saying is true, so it is not libelous anyway.
3) Really? How do you account for an AOL user logging in with a static IP on AOL?
4) You saying you are not hofcollectoronly does not equate to proof in my book.

This attack was provoked by you. You posted first in this thread, not me.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Again for the third and final time PLEASE stop attacking me.

The 3 links you posted of my 3 auctions that I said was sold last summer where in fact all sold last summer. And I believe Mr. Rice comfirmed it as well so you called me a liar on that and you where wrong. But of course you did not apoligize for it. Why don't you come out and say who you really are? But that will never happen I know what this is all about and I am sure a lot of people here do as well. So keep plauing your games it is just making you look foolish and I don't care.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Bobby-
Now you are accusing me of being someone else? Who am I then? If you say you have gotten rid of every baseball card you own then fine, but having baseball cards does not constitute a conflict of interest on any real level.

Let's see:
You posted a screenshot of a user account.
The user logged in with an AOL IP
Your screenshot showed that user logging in with the same IP over several months, even though AOL hands out different IPS.

Did you post any fraudulent information? Call it an attack, call it slander, call it unfair, call it whatever you want. JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION

Old 04-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Administrator

It does appear as if all your sales took place during September. My kids are back in school by then so I was not thinking that it was a summer month, but it is.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Sam,

I have had a problem with Bobby's promotion in the past as have many people here. But frankly, in this particular thread, I find your post to be completely unwarranted and it truly calls your own motives into question. I do wonder, as Bobby has alluded, if you are the same person who had a dispute with him over charges for using Bobby's service.

Regardless, your posts are getting a bit comical - I mean first you attack the guy for not selling all his baseball cards and having a conflict of interest and then, when it is shown all the cards were in fact sold last summer, you state it doesnt matter because owning baseball cards isnt really a conflict of interest anyway? You also make accusations on two threads about alias being used by Bobby and then say ok, maybe its not you after all; etc. It seems that other than complaining about Bobby's over the top promotion of his website (which, as noted, Im in agreement) you have very little facts to base the rest of your attacks and you seem to be miles away from the "truth".

Old 04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

I agree Josh. Just seems that "Sam" is a little too familiar with the Barak thread. To out the blue dredge that thread up after so many months just seems strange to me.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

JK -
Bobby brought up the card sales, not me. I said he said that he sold off all of his cards last summer, so i looked up his feedback. In my error (which I admitted), I was not thinking of the summer as september. That being said, it is a summer month and I stand corrected. However, just because bobby sold some cards does not mean he sold off his entire collection. I believe that aspect of the conversation has been officially dealt with. Providing pricing information is not a conflict of interest, but i fail to see how "partnerships" with both a grading company and an auction house could be seen as anything but? Why are they partners? Or, have the relationships been poorly marketed? Again, I have never bought from an auction house, so maybe I am not the best person to be asking the questions. It sounds to me like Mr. Binder has put SGC and Mastro in a precarious position. With all the talk of the bad things in the hobby, I consider that issue to be very real.

As for my "okaying" his response to it not being him, I was simply being sarcastic. Bobby has used an alias, it is clear to anyone who reads those posts. The issues I brought up were his promotion tactics, his use of at least one alias, and the fact that he has forged information.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Sam,

Forging a relationship with auction houses and grading companies is making information available to their customers that was not available in the past. We are not the only price source and the other company tried doing the same as we did do. These companies picked us because they felt we are the best product available in all aspects, design, information, ease of use, plus we offer a lot more then the competition. We have grown constanly every since we launched last June and listen to our members and add function to the site every month.

Again would appreciate you stopping your attacks and good luck with your business.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Golden

Mr. Binder,
Please do not make statements with regard to my company and what we have and have not done. To clarify your point, we have discussed client based relationships with many auction houses and most of the major grading companies. We were not prepared to engage in the type of deals you have engaged in. Conversely, I am sure those companies would say they were not prepared to enter into a deal with us. We will not forge any partnerships that provide us with a conflict of interest. We provide client based services, in exchange for a fee, to everyone listed on our client page. We remain open to working with all industry companies and welcome the opportunity for you to work with them as well.

Kindest Regards,
Theodore Golden
President/CEO
CardPricer.com - The Web's Most Comprehesive Price Guide

Old 04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

but now I'm really confused.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Steve,

I feel the same way who am I talking with Sam/Ted or are they the same? The mystery continues....

Old 04-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I sent an email to "Sam" a little while ago. The response came back as his name in the email address. I know those can be manipulated but his email address is correct in his listings....and I think that can be traced. I am not sure what else I can do but Sam said he is Sam and the email came from an address that is a yahoo account....thanks

edited to add ..if someone wants an IP address of a board member I will give it to them in an effort to protect the integrity of the board.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Bobby, it's much more likely that Sam is an alias of customer that you pissed off awhile back, than of Ted. Ted has too much class and integrity to stoop to low levels that you do. And jsut to make my point, you take pot shot at Ted, alluding to the fact that he might be Sam, right after he asked you very nicely to stop making any comments or comparisons to his company. You truly are an amoral, aethical (not sure it's a real word, but you do seem to be lacking any ethics) scumbag.

Why people continue to use your site given the way you conduct yourself here, is totally beyond me. Especially since there is an alternative that is probably just as good and will certainly treat you much better and with more respect.

Jay

Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ted Golden

Bobby,
I suspect this is the last statement I will make on this topic. I am far too blunt of a person to feel the need to hide behind some "alter" ego. I suspect we are both better off if the information I am privy too is left out.

Kindest Regards,
Theodore Golden

President/CEO
CardPricer.com

edited to remove the double post of my sig file

Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Leon,

You need to check the IP address...anyone can get as many yahoo accounts as they would like.

Ted I never mentioned you or your company and you are not the only one out there. So you are just assuming I was referring to your company. There are a lot of other price guides Beckett, SMR that provide the same.

Maybe just pure chance Ted but after you post I post then start getting slammed by your people or you, I just find it all a little fishy. I have lived up to the agreement we had at the National with your father (By the way a very nice man). I have spoken no ill will of your company and in fact glad you are here.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

LMAO!!! You honestly believe SMR is a competitor? Spin it how you like, but it was still a veiled jab at Ted and his site. I saw it and others noticed too. Just more proof as to what a low life you are.

Jay

Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Jay,

When I sold off my collection last summer there was a bunch of beaters that could not be sold. If I knew at the time what you collected then would of sent them to you for your collection. Sorry

I am guessing you have a freebie with Ted that is why you are sticking up for him. That is fine because he bought himself a good mouth for cheap. I don't ask or the members to stoop to those levels.

Happy collecting and if I come accross some beaters will let you know.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Dang Bobby. The very first second I try to be fair and acknowledge that you have backed off on the self-promotion, etc, you have to go and make posts like these. Wow.

I do not have a free membership to Ted's site, and yet I will continue to support him and state with vigor that they are a class act, the site is great and the service great. But ... but ... how can I possibly say such things if I haven't been bought for the price of a free membership? How how how? I'll leave you to muddle over that one for awhile.

Ted's posts here have been nothing but courteous, and yet you respond with nasty little innuendoes and accusations as usual. Ted is Sam? Huh? You didn't specifically refer to him? Your post refers clearly to "the other company". Not companies, but company. That would be a singular Bobby, meaning you really had one organization in mind. We aren't stupid here - so please don't insult the collective intelligence of this board by suggesting you had some other company in mind.

And now you want to snark on Jay for collecting differently than you? And offer him beaters if you ever run across some? And suggest that he can't possibly have an opinion of Ted's site unless he is getting a free membership in return?

Shame on you. Really. It's one thing for individuals to behave that way, but something else altogether when someone does it as a representative of a business - his own no less.

Joann Kline

Old 04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Joann,

I have never made a course remark to you. In regards to Jay he started it not me, any chance he gets he will post a jab at me for no reason.

And forgive me for thinking that the two people are the same but to me it looks suspect. But you angel of a friend who does no wrong it can't be according to you

Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Bobby,

Arrggh. This one's going to be painful. But here goes.

I probably should have walked off for a bit before sending that last response in the heat of the moment. I don't know you and I have never been to your site, but I'm sure you are a decent guy and I hear positive things about your site. So I apologize for flying off the handle and posting the above. I won't edit it - I think that'd be kind of chicken - but I really should have cooled off a minute before hitting send on that one.

I know that Jay is a very direct personality that can really dish it out. I also think he is a very bright guy and can take it back as well as he gives it, and hold his own. Sometimes he does have some return comments coming - he is very forthright on his own opinions and I doubt he'd try to keep anyone from voicing similarly blunt responses.

But it seems to me like everyone wants to play the income card with Jay right off the bat - like that's the automatic win or something. You are far from the first to make comments about beaters, etc, that hint at economic status. It just really irritates me when I see it.

And if you believe that people are posting under different names, etc, then of course you are free to post those opinions. I can't imagine Ted doing anything like that based on the experience I've had with his company, but if you do then that's your opinion.

But I do apologize for some of my comments. After I went to empty the dishwasher and put away groceries, I thought I probably hadn't made the best decision in the world by blasting that one off.

Joann

Old 04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Bobby, I am not getting anything free from Ted. I got the same offer that anyone else got. Ted has always conducted himself in a professional manner, hence the reason I support him. I think I've visited his site a total of 2 times

Joann, I didn't take offense at all to Bobby's comment about my collecting beaters and him saying he would have sent his to me if he had known. It's pretty well known fact that I am on a tight budget, more so than others, but Dorskind is one of the few that feels the need to constantly throw around his socio-economic status.

Thanks for standing up for me. I know it's not a popular thing to do around here

Jay

Old 04-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Joann,

I was serious about giving the beaters to Jay and not taking a pot shot or anything. It is well known and he posts it all the time. I have no ill will towards him and wish there was a way for me to get him to stop hating me. If I send him some cards it would be well worth it. I to live on a limited budget and working my butt off.

I have no qualms with you or Jay and really wish we could just all get along.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Like Leon, I don't hate you personally, I just have issues with some of the things you do. The only real issue is your incesent pimping of your site. I under stand why you do it, but it's over the top. Beyond that, I don't have an issue with you.

Jay

Old 04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sam

Bobby-
I have emailed you per your request and you have elected not to respond. You've posted here, so this seems a good place to discuss.

To repeat an earlier post which seems to be lost in the mix:
You posted a screenshot of a user account.
The user logged in with an AOL IP
Your screenshot showed that user logging in with the same IP over several months, even though AOL hands out different IPS.

Did you post any fraudulent information? If not, how do you account for the discrepancy.

I am neither of the people you have accused me of being. I am Sam Aker.

Sam

Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Jay,

I am really glad you don't hate me and I am not pimping the site as you would say anymore. I know that when we launched in June we got into it and I am sorry it ever happened. I know you are extremly intelligent and I enjoy reading your posts (Most of the time). I have not posted the www of my site in a while. And you got Leon to remove my avatar. So I have been pretty much striped naked in all regards.

Sam,

I never received an email from you and everything you asked has been discussed so not going there again.