NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Default VBC Forum Search History Gone

Posted By: RobertS

Just an FYI to our new leaders --

While the posts remain from before you took over, the search history has been wiped clean.

Unless it was posted after March 14th, it is no longer indexed by the search function.

I hope this is fixable.

If not, now would be as good a time as any to consider changing board infrastructure, since the search history is one of the only things keeping us tied to Net54 9along with the fact that so many people link to this site and have bookmarked it).

Old 03-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

This is the third thing that didn't come across when Leon and I gained access to the account. The first two items, the BST Index page and the Vintage Links page, have been repaired for the most part. However, we'll need Net54's help to recover this data. Right now, restoring the search results database and finishing up on the BST Index page are the big priorities for the forum.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Old 03-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe P.

That engine holds volumes of interesting Q and A topics contributed by the members of this forum.
It was great for anyone that wanted to do a little research on a topic.
I refuse to believe that the removal was intentional.
It's almost like book burning.
If it was?
It certainly wasn't the brightest directional move by the new crew.
It almost gives the appearance of forum cleansing, but like I said, I refuse to believe that the removal was intentional.
Hopefully, it can be brought back.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Administrator

I wish you luck with it.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ben

Joe P. - intentional? Of course not. I agree with Robert though, if this information is irretrievable, I think an upgrade to a 21st century forum platform is the A1 priority. I read and post on a number of message boards (all sport related but this is the only card one). The nba basketball forum I post on has over 30 pre threaded categories, including one for each team, one for general discussion, another for offtopic, etc. Having 5 or 6 categories is nothing for a modern forum. Isnt now as good a time as any to evolve just a bit?

Old 03-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Joe...I absolutely agree with you. The "Results" database represents years of knowledge and opinions placed out there by some of the most knowledgable people in our hobby. It is invaluable towards research that is conducted by countless numbers of individuals on a daily basis. It is irreplacable and I feel that it's loss would be a heavy blow to our community. I do not have the impression that it is lost rather, was just a portion of the account that was not transferred over to us. We've only had control over this a little over a day now and unfortunately there are a few kinks to work out. Thanks for being patient with us in this transition period....I'm sure we'll have this fixed shortly. After all, it's not like this is the first time the "Search" feature has crapped out on us lately

Old 03-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Old 03-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Looks like the search is working and holy crap.....what a resource.....I never really tried it before until just now...all I can say is WOW.....regards.....

Old 03-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Atta Boy Leon!

Any topic covered is there.
Would I stir you wrong?
Would you buy a car from me?
For that, you may talk about any topic you wish.
Any topic that is, but vintage Jean Shrimpton.
Job well done.
Joe P.