NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Paul

Default Anybody go to the Hofstra Show this weekend?

Worth checking out, from a pre-war standpoint?

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

I live right near Nassau county, and I didn't even hear of the event. I am curious as to how it was too! It's a nice place to have a card show.. the campus is beautiful.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Phil Garry

I made the one hour trip today, mainly to do business with Michael at SGC and Beckett. Both did an excellent job of handling my needs, as for the rest of the show, I could just as well have stayed home. I guess that just about says it all.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Jon Canfield

Nice to have a show close by that you can get to from the train fairly simply - but not worth going if you're looking for something specific.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:02 AM
T!M R10rd@n

I went on Sunday, and managed to get a few cards closer to completing my 1958 Topps set.

This is one that I try to go to, because it is a half hour drive for me and is the biggest one on Loing Island. They have it each April (sometimes late march) and October.

I did not see much prewar stuff there this time, but then I didn't see everything either (knee acting up and pain limited me to about an hour there).

In April, there was more prewar stuff there than this weekend. In fact I am pretty sure that there was more of everything there in April.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Sc0tt Br@un

Went on Sunday. Have gone to the last few Hofstra shows. I noticed at least 2 pre-war dealers that are usually there that weren't this time and another 2 seemed to have smaller displays. One dealer said that Saturday was much better. Was able to find some Obaks and a few other things, but not as much pre-war there as usual.

Looked like a few of the dealers of shiny stuff that are usually there were missing as well.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Yes, I noticed too there were missing dealers. Also, not a lot of business transactions either. Amazing how in the 7 years I have been going to the Hofstra show it has changed. Much less new stuff (which I guess is good since no one seems to collect new stuff). The show is a gGreat way to spend an afternoon and there were really great items there as always.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM

I went on Saturday. Managed to pick up a few new T206 and submit to SGC. I was in Brooklyn for a wedding, so it was definitely worth going. I thought it was pretty good. The dealers I bought from were friendly and willing to work on prices, and most shows I go to in CA don't have nearly as many pre-war dealers at them.