NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Jason Greco

Thanks Ted. I came across the Elite 12 thread from last year after posting my original questions and updated my post. You're knowledge, and willingness to share, is greatly appreciated!
Hindu Brown: 1/34

****NY Highlanders Team Set****
Basic Team Set: 13/28
Master Team Set: 13/315
Old 10-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Luke Lyon

That's an incredible back run Ryan! Nice work. An AB460 will turn up someday. That Tinker Uzit and Ted's McGraw Uzit being on the same page is almost too much eye candy!

Good questions Jason. Ted pretty much answered already, but I'd add that Pastorius and Conroy fielding were both also printed with Old Mill backs. I hadn't noticed that those two were tough with Piedmont 350 backs. If they are, that adds an interesting wrinkle to the puzzle.

I think you're on the right track with the idea that EPDG backs were printed at the end of the 150 portion of the 150-350 Series. But, there's no consensus as of yet. There are some recent threads where we've been debating it on here. Pat R has done some great research on the topic recently.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 PM
Jason Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

Good questions Jason. Ted pretty much answered already, but I'd add that Pastorius and Conroy fielding were both also printed with Old Mill backs. I hadn't noticed that those two were tough with Piedmont 350 backs. If they are, that adds an interesting wrinkle to the puzzle.
Thanks Luke. I'm trying to pose intelligent questions, most of which I'm sure have been answered or at leased inquired about at some time or another, but I'm still in the very early phases of learning.

In regards to the Pastorius and Conroy, I focused on them because of their initial inclusion in the Elite 11, back in 2006. Though they have since been excluded for reasons already covered, they are much harder to find in Piedmont 350 than 150 series. Based on the limited number graded by PSA which denote the factory, 39 150's have been graded, but only two 350's. 19.5:1 ratio is pretty high. Again, small sample size, but telling. With Conroy, it's a ratio of almost 8:1, with 37 150's and only four 350's.

Pastorius can be explained away by his August release, but the reason the Conroy may be harder to find seems less obvious.

Last edited by greco827; 10-23-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Jason Greco

Interestingly, Neither Pastorius nor Conroy have a confimed graded example, at least not from PSA, SGC, or BVG, of an EPDG card for either of these players. t206 resource does list the Pastorius/EPDG as confirmed and the Conroy as possible, but I find this to be noteworthy.

SGC does have a single EPDG Conroy, which is not specified as Fielding or With Bat, and could possibly be the Fielding version, but I find that doubtful. They do both have PSA graded examples of both Old Mill and Sovereign 150 however.

Lots of interesting wrinkles, as this actually contradicts the thought that EPDG was printed earlier than Piedmont 350.

Maybe someone here has EPDG cards of these two they can share?

Old 10-23-2017, 05:13 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hey Ryan

Fantastic display of your Tinker run. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I've been searching for his AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 card for many years to complete my AB 460 run (74 cards).
So when the next one shows up there be at least 4 of us contending for it. It should be very interesting.

I enjoyed talking with you at the Philly Show last month.

TED Z
Old 10-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Luke Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco827 View Post
Interestingly, Neither Pastorius nor Conroy have a confimed graded example, at least not from PSA, SGC, or BVG, of an EPDG card for either of these players. t206 resource does list the Pastorius/EPDG as confirmed and the Conroy as possible, but I find this to be noteworthy.

SGC does have a single EPDG Conroy, which is not specified as Fielding or With Bat, and could possibly be the Fielding version, but I find that doubtful. They do both have PSA graded examples of both Old Mill and Sovereign 150 however.

Lots of interesting wrinkles, as this actually contradicts the thought that EPDG was printed earlier than Piedmont 350.

Maybe someone here has EPDG cards of these two they can share?
I don't think those two being left off the EPDG print run contradicts anything. Plenty of poses were not printed with EPDG and then later printed with all the other 350 series backs. If they were left off EPDG print runs and then pulled early from P350 production, I think that would just be a coincidence.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:34 PM

Thanks Ted, and great meeting you too! Yes, it appears that tinker AB is quite a hot commodity!
Old 10-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T215

Hey guys,

Tougher than the T206 AB 460 card of Tinker (bat off shoulder) is his T215-1 card.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 11-24-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Correct typo.