NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Josh Margolin

Default Hunt Internet Auction

Just a question for the board.

Hunt's catalogue auctions generally contain certified items while the majority of the items they offer in their internet auctions are generally not certified. I have poked around their website looking for some sort of guarantee or other language about the autos they sell and cannot find any. Has anyone ever had a bad experience buying an uncertified auto from one of their auctions? Do they stand behind their product?

I should also state that I have won a number of cards/other items from Hunt's and have found them to be nothing short of professional, but I simply have no experience on this front.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:37 PM

Default you could email them and ask

nm
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I would call over there... they are normally very helpful.

BTW, I can't recall ever seeing a bad auto from them, but wouldn't be surprised if a small fraction sneak through. They run through literally dozens of multiple auto lots in those Internet/Phone auctions.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I believe there is a time frame to get third party authentication and as I look over the rules, here they are:

Hunt Auctions, Inc. guarantees, for sixty (60) days, the authenticity of each item in this auction only to the extent of the written catalogue description. The description guarantee, however, does not extend to the condition grading of any item due to the subjective nature of such evaluations. We will not accept a return based upon a verbal opinion or rejection of authenticity, but rather we will require a written letter of rejection, which must include a factual based opinion. We then reserve the right to consult with another respected third party authenticator to settle the dispute if necessary. Authenticity disputes must include the return of the disputed merchandise and must be executed within sixty (60) days from the date of the auction with no exceptions.

Dave is a great guy and sells great stuff. I don't know how other people feel about him, but I have NEVER had a problem with him and belive he is one of the most stand up people in the business.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Travis Wise

Default My take on it...

I actually had the same questions during the last auction of theirs and they told me that they stand behind their items and will refund your money PLUS shipping and buyers premium if deemed fake by Spence/ DNA/ or any other company...

Travis
Old 10-12-2010, 07:21 AM
P@u1 R31fer$0n

Default Hunt Auctions

Dave Hunt is one of the most trustworthy people you will find in this hobby.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

All my dealings with this company have been great. Not only is Dave a pleasure to work with, I feel his staff offers the highest level of customer service. I have bought a couple of full size baseball tropies and those items need to be crated and trucked. The staff took my concerns very seriously and made sure the items arived safe and secure. just a great company!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM

I would be curious as to the process they go through to make sure the autos were authentic before they put them up for auction. I once found a few bad autos in a football lot they had when I was looking at their auctions and contacted them about it. To their credit they pulled them, but also, they were such obvious fakes it made me wonder what process they go through or who looks at them.

They also had a near signed 1987 Topps set in an auction a few months ago that I was going to bid on but saw what I thought were too many questionable signatures, especially some of the stars. I did not contact them about that one.

I noticed in a couple of their larger autograph lots this auction, they say they can not guarantee every signature since the lot is so big.

With all that said, I trust them as a good company, but honestly, if you are buying autographs, you really need to do your own diligent homework IMO to feel good about what you buy from anyone.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM

They have a former member of Jimmy Spence's staff working for them for the past few years
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
I would be curious as to the process they go through to make sure the autos were authentic before they put them up for auction. I once found a few bad autos in a football lot they had when I was looking at their auctions and contacted them about it. To their credit they pulled them, but also, they were such obvious fakes it made me wonder what process they go through or who looks at them.

They also had a near signed 1987 Topps set in an auction a few months ago that I was going to bid on but saw what I thought were too many questionable signatures, especially some of the stars. I did not contact them about that one.

I noticed in a couple of their larger autograph lots this auction, they say they can not guarantee every signature since the lot is so big.

With all that said, I trust them as a good company, but honestly, if you are buying autographs, you really need to do your own diligent homework IMO to feel good about what you buy from anyone.
Well written, VintageChris. Know what you are buying. There are very few people in this industry I trust when it comes to autographs, which is the main reason why I know "my autographs." Again, know what you are buying.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:00 AM

As some who has both purchased and consigned items to Hunt I have found them to be both pleasant to deal and professional. I believe that one of the staff worked for PSA for about 10 years. I have had several items returned to me due questions about the authenticity of the item.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Jon Canfield

Same experiences here - never had an issue buying from them.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM

For what it is worth.... when it comes to consigning items I would give letter grades based on professionalism and customer-friendly manner to

A : Hunt, Robert Edwards, Huggins & Scott

A-/B+ : Mile High Card

B : Clean Sweep

B - : RR Auction

C-/D+ : Heritage
Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default be aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementefan View Post
For what it is worth.... when it comes to consigning items I would give letter grades based on professionalism and customer-friendly manner to

A : Hunt, Robert Edwards, Huggins & Scott

A-/B+ : Mile High Card

B : Clean Sweep

B - : RR Auction

C-/D+ : Heritage
Please be aware that when you start critiquing companies you will not be able to remain private on the board. Before I throw your name out here I just want you, and everyone, to understand that. Thanks much....and of course you are Alex/Andrew Gordon.

Last edited by Leon; 10-20-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Robert Williams

I have used both REA and Memory Lane. I thought both auctions handles my items professionally and I had no problem getting paid. I achieved higher prices on REA than ML, but maybe it was just bad timing, or the fact that REA only run auctions once a year and ML runs them all the time. Just my 2...