NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I guessed correctly that this was going to become a very annoying thread very quickly.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I guessed correctly that this was going to become a very annoying thread very quickly.
Yes it has thanks to all the off topic negative posts. Thanks for your contribution.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:26 PM
John Hanssen

I guess I will chime in.

I'm the one that traded 1st for the T205 Johnson and the trade was handled very well. Cards were mailed next day by both sides and we both seem happy with the trade.

Why.

Well I don't see the t205 Johnson as a $700 or higher card. I put the valuation closer to $500 or just under. But that is a set I am currently working on so I was thinking of moving my low end T206 HOFs, ect to help with my T205 project. When I saw this post I jumped on the trade for 3 reasons.

1. I checked back on my records for what I had into the cards I was willing to trade. The better ones I had received in a trade much like this one, for vintage hockey cards I didn't really want, that I got lucky on e-bay buy (only had $34.43) in the lot. The guy didn't want prewar and I got rid of a lot of nice 70s hockey.
Also another $142.76 in cards I bought over that last few years. So I'm out of pocket less that $180.00 for a VG-T205 Johnson, at least in my way of thinking.

2. I was happy to move that lot of lower level HOFs and commons as a lot instead of one at a time. 1 big name single card would be easier for me to trade in a later date for something.

3. I was hopping the trader was really itching to get his 1st trade done and go for this trade which I viewed as a win for me, and fit his primus for a win for him.

Trading at least for me isn't always all about $$$$, it's if I'm happier with what I got than what I had. I guess I'm more of a collector. A good trade can be based on a lot of diffent reasons.

Good luck to EVERYONE in your next trade and have FUN collecting!
Old 04-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
i guess i will chime in.

I'm the one that traded 1st for the t205 johnson and the trade was handled very well. Cards were mailed next day by both sides and we both seem happy with the trade.

Why.

Well i don't see the t205 johnson as a $700 or higher card. I put the valuation closer to $500 or just under. But that is a set i am currently working on so i was thinking of moving my low end t206 hofs, ect to help with my t205 project. When i saw this post i jumped on the trade for 3 reasons.

1. I checked back on my records for what i had into the cards i was willing to trade. The better ones i had received in a trade much like this one, for vintage hockey cards i didn't really want, that i got lucky on e-bay buy (only had $34.43) in the lot. The guy didn't want prewar and i got rid of a lot of nice 70s hockey.
Also another $142.76 in cards i bought over that last few years. So i'm out of pocket less that $180.00 for a vg-t205 johnson, at least in my way of thinking.

2. I was happy to move that lot of lower level hofs and commons as a lot instead of one at a time. 1 big name single card would be easier for me to trade in a later date for something.

3. I was hopping the trader was really itching to get his 1st trade done and go for this trade which i viewed as a win for me, and fit his primus for a win for him.

trading at least for me isn't always all about $$$$, it's if i'm happier with what i got than what i had. I guess i'm more of a collector. A good trade can be based on a lot of diffent reasons.

Good luck to everyone in your next trade and have fun collecting!

+10000000
Old 04-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Skip over it.

Problem solved.

It's just that easy.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Skip over it.

Problem solved.

It's just that easy.
Yep. But if anyone wants to trade me their $1000 card for my $500 one, drop me a PM. Will also trade your $100 card for my $20 one.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Yep. But if anyone wants to trade me their $1000 card for my $500 one, drop me a PM. Will also trade your $100 card for my $20 one.

Lol oh god
Old 04-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Can everyone leave this poor guy alone. He isn't trying to scam anyone. He is trying a fun project that he wants to share with fellow card collectors. I, for one, would gladly trade him a card that is higher in price for one that I want more. If I had some psa 10 third-year card of a mid-tier hall of famer, I would gladly trade it for a card I covet that may be "worth" 15-20% less. What should I do instead? Put it up for sale and wait for a guy who happens to be putting together an all-psa 10 1973 Topps set to pay me 10k? Or should I put it up on PWCC and PRAY it hits 10k so I can get 9k after pwcc gets their cut? I prefer the card I covet. I think this is the type of scenario he is getting at. But you guys are destroying him like he is trying to pull a fast one, when the very title of the thread is telling you precisely what he is trying to do. I wish him well.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Dan Bretta

Exactly. I am not much of a reader of other forums, but do recall stumbling across the thread on the PSA board where a guy was doing the same exact thing and it was fun to watch (I even put the thread in my bookmarks so I could follow it without having to search for it), and he wasn't getting any grief at all.

Leave it to Net54 though.....

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 04-23-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:26 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Noone here will argue that a someone putting in sweat equity to make a profit is a bad thing, quite the opposite. Others dont care about going out of their way to help someone. There were other various issues that some posters here criticized. However i still do not know why people curse (not accusing eyecollectvintage) on a baseball hobby forum..makes no sense.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-24-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:37 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Can everyone leave this poor guy alone. He isn't trying to scam anyone. He is trying a fun project that he wants to share with fellow card collectors. I, for one, would gladly trade him a card that is higher in price for one that I want more. If I had some psa 10 third-year card of a mid-tier hall of famer, I would gladly trade it for a card I covet that may be "worth" 15-20% less. What should I do instead? Put it up for sale and wait for a guy who happens to be putting together an all-psa 10 1973 Topps set to pay me 10k? Or should I put it up on PWCC and PRAY it hits 10k so I can get 9k after pwcc gets their cut? I prefer the card I covet. I think this is the type of scenario he is getting at. But you guys are destroying him like he is trying to pull a fast one, when the very title of the thread is telling you precisely what he is trying to do. I wish him well.
Amazing how someone qoes from a dramatic public declaration that they are leaving the board forever to a week later a rollout of a major project that is going to involve seemingly 1000s of posts. Whatever. Best of luck.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Amazing how someone qoes from a dramatic public declaration that they are leaving the board forever to a week later a rollout of a major project that is going to involve seemingly 1000s of posts. Whatever. Best of luck.
The leaving the board forever or selling their collection and getting out of the hobby declaration appears to be a fraternity of several current net54 posters. I am not sure where the chapter meetings are held. There should be an icon next to the name when people join that not so exclusive club....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-24-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I assume you'll be skipping over the thread from this point forward.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Value

Quote:
If I need that card valued at $500 and I want it at any cost then a $1000 card traded is nothing. I get the card I want and trade a card I apparently don't value as much regardless of the perceived value then its a win win. I got what I wanted and the person who traded with me is also happy. I did this quite a few times on my PD 42 quest. No regrets.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:07 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

Getting real tired of the negativity on this board. Stephen isn't asking you to donate to a gofundme for him to get a '52 Mantle. He's announcing a challenging project that he's taking on, just in case anyone is interested in trading. If you're not, move on to a new thread! It's that simple.

By no means is he asking for $1,000 cards in exchange for a $500 card. I participated in this trading, and was very pleased. If someone is looking for a card that doesn't come up for sale often and this guy has it, of course they are going to pay (trade) a premium for it! You're not spending any money, after all.

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
Old 04-25-2017, 03:21 PM
pete ullman

oops wrong thread!

Last edited by ullmandds; 04-25-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM
N
Banned

Anything available around 200 liquid value, Stephen? I have a Tenney Hindu T206 that I would love to trade :]
Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
When you purchase a card from someone here or an A/H, do they ask what your plans are with the card?

Odd question, imo, Jake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
Getting real tired of the negativity on this board. Stephen isn't asking you to donate to a gofundme for him to get a '52 Mantle. He's announcing a challenging project that he's taking on, just in case anyone is interested in trading. If you're not, move on to a new thread! It's that simple.

By no means is he asking for $1,000 cards in exchange for a $500 card. I participated in this trading, and was very pleased. If someone is looking for a card that doesn't come up for sale often and this guy has it, of course they are going to pay (trade) a premium for it! You're not spending any money, after all.
Exactly why I said what said! Stephen, not once, that I read, asked anyone to go out of their way to sell/trade their cards for less value, take a hit, lose, swallow, give up anything in order for him to obtain a 52 Mantle.

If people read it that way and were willing to take a loss on a card(s) in order to help him out, then my hats off to you, but that is not what he was asking anyone to do.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Direct quote. Post number 1.

"I am not picky in what I want in return. Just something I can trade that is worth more than what I am offering here."

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-26-2017 at 06:27 AM.