NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 AM

Default Thoughts re PSA8 T206 Honus Wagner Card

I've read many threads/posts regarding this card.

IMHO opinion this is PSA's original sin and many collectors will never be willing to forgive PSA for grading this card.

But the Market has accepted the card - each time it sells it is substancially higher than the previous sale price.

The provenance & exact grading details of this card are murky at best (And yes I have read "THE CARD").

So 15 or so years ago PSA used this card to get it's start - and the company is forever condemmed due to that original sin.

Customer service is listed as one of PSA's weakest point but not in my experience.

Long story short, I'm a big time Ripley's BION collector. I found a 1953 Quaker Oats card in a PSA5 holder that was listed as a 1953 Parkhurst BIOn card.

Email me for the details (Or see my posts on the NonSport side).

PSA bent over backwards to reslab the card correctly & both PSA & I learned what the other knew about this obscure set - it is not listed in the NonSport Bible.

Just some random thoughts.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:44 AM

"Am I the only one who sees the emperor has holes in his underwear?"
-- Bud Bundy

Just a couple of days ago had lunch with Czech friend, and asked her what it was like growing up under communism. She said you were taught to lie. She said in school they taught you lies and went you went home you'd learned the truth. But the people at home who told you the truth told you never to repeat it. If you repeated the truth you'd get in trouble and wouldn't be accepted into college.

Last edited by drc; 07-10-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:06 AM

Speaking of Al Bundy has anyone ever noticed the image of Bronco Nagurski on his 1935 National Chickle Rookie card is the spitting image of Al Bundy - Polk High's 5 touchdown in one game star player?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:37 AM

I think it was 4 touchdowns but still a remarkable lifetime accomplishment for Al Bundy !
Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 AM

Default PSA customer Service

look up the thread about the lost Magie error card on the old board. Yea, they are awesome!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:40 AM

Sort of like SGC's fiasco with Mr. Mint & Keith Olberman.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoundR69 View Post
Sort of like SGC's fiasco with Mr. Mint & Keith Olberman.
I don't think the PSA losing a Magee and then claiming they never received it and SGC grading an altered card are the same thing. While I use both PSA and SGC, both companies have graded altered cards on mistake. I have not, however, heard of SGC losing a card and then claiming it was never submitted to them.

I think SGC's Doyle is more akin to PSA's Wagner.

Last edited by canjond; 07-10-2009 at 09:50 AM.