NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old Today, 06:30 PM
Billy Downey

Default T206 " The Monster " by Bill Heitman

I have been collecting T206 cards for a full year now.

I have been fortunate enough to meet some really cool (and helpful) dudes along the way (looking at you Cory Robinson). I've even met a guy who flew 1,400 miles with a binder full of Raw T206 to help me build my set (thank you Brendan Mullen) .... I am hooked. Currently 439/520 and I'm in the home stretch. I've knocked out all the SLers and Many of the tougher to find cards.

As I continue along this journey I keep finding other related items I'm interested in. Right now it's books.
I am going to buy T206 the Players and their Stories (Zappala) on Amazon.

Another one I'm looking for but I have not found is T206 "The Monster" by Bill Heitman. I have only seen the front and back cover, is this just a Checklist book?

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy?

Are there any other Must Have T206 books that I'm missing out on?

Also , anything Tom Downey related is on my list.

T206 Binder Collector

T206 Set - 439/524
T206 HOF - 39/76
T206 SLer - 48/48 COMPLETE
Old Today, 06:55 PM
Steve

Use the search function for keyword "Heitman" -- there have been a few members selling copies on the BST for over the last several years, including a member who had a large group of them in 2017. No idea if these members still have them available.

It was a landmark publication in 1980, but 44 years later, folks have learned a lot. Great piece of history!

Cheers,
Steve