NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-19-2019, 07:43 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Yeah, if only it wasn't real.
So what exactly is the argument against Hall? PSA? Is he a conspirator for Brent Huigens? Where does this nonsense end? I sold David Hall several cards that were SGC graded....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-19-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Thanks Adam...Spot on....People, move on will you? All of this shit is ridiculous and it has consumed this forum for 6 freaking months! By the way, David is laughing his ass off.....
LOL. Not going to move on until some people are in jail and PSA and Beckett confess to their inability to detect alterations. We are still very early in this story.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
So what exactly is the argument against Hall? PSA? Is he a conspirator for Brent Huigens? Where does this nonsense end? I sold David Hall several cards that were SGC graded....
I didn't say anything specifically against Hall other than pointing out that if he had his graders grade his own cards, that's a note of caution. More generally, I believe lots of high grade T206s are altered. Nothing to do with Brent Huigens. The problem with altered cards goes much deeper than him.

As for PSA, I wouldn't even know where to begin at this point. I'll spare you. Read.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-19-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:51 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I didn't say anything specifically against Hall other than pointing out that if he had his graders grade his own cards, that's a note of caution. More generally, I believe lots of high grade T206s are altered. Nothing to do with Brent Huigens. The problem with altered cards goes much deeper than him.

As for PSA, I wouldn't even know where to begin at this point. I'll spare you. Read.
Peter, These freaking threads go on and on and on....Where does it end? These posts on N54 are every single week with no resolve. People said Brent Huigens would be out of business, guess what? He's not. 2 or 3 years ago it was Probstein being put out of business, guess what? he's not....So who's to blame? Now David Hall?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-19-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Peter, These freaking threads go on and on and on....Where does it end? These posts on N54 are every single week with no resolve. People said Brent Huigens would be out of business, guess what? He's not. 2 or 3 years ago it was Probstein being put out of business, guess what? he's not....
It's up to the federal government where it ends at this point. They are investigating, we shall see.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Peter, These freaking threads go on and on and on....Where does it end? These posts on N54 are every single week with no resolve. People said Brent Huigens would be out of business, guess what? He's not. 2 or 3 years ago it was Probstein being put out of business, guess what? he's not....So who's to blame? Now David Hall?
maybe just stick to the BST then. concentrate on selling your beer steins, “gem stones” and necklaces.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
maybe just stick to the BST then. concentrate on selling your beer steins, “gem stones” and necklaces.
What a freaking idiot you are....Spell your name out will you? You are such a dumbass....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-19-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:36 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
Its amazing how you've noticed all the listings...Are you obsessed? Why are you focused on my items? Very, very weird.....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-19-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:12 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Kevin why don’t you go back to buying OC’s and stay out of a conversation you know nothing about.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:25 PM

A totally amazing auction. I cant wait for the next round. All my pick-ups will be posted in the July pick-ups page.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 07-19-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:31 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

A very expensive auction for me.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge View Post
A very expensive auction for me.
I may have cost you some serious coin on the Wajo BL 460 and Drum, as I was the under-bidder on both; and I concede the Drum.... Whoever was on the other side of those would not give up. And that Plank, holy cow. I know it would likely go for a lot, but OMG.

Going to bed!
Old 07-19-2019, 11:59 PM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

You know who was on the other side.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:23 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Overall a great auction with a mix of great deals and some record setting prices. It looks like the chance of me getting a Plank is slowly disappearing.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 07-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Steve Birmingham

How much time do you need to unload altered high grade cards before we can get back to it?

The amount of denial and deflection is frankly more bothersome than the altering and fraud..
Old 07-20-2019, 01:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
How much time do you need to unload altered high grade cards before we can get back to it?

The amount of denial and deflection is frankly more bothersome than the altering and fraud..
The Kool Aid tastes just as good as ever, Steve.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
seems like a mixture
I just spoke to the user Tilbor. It definitely wasn't a shill. The user didn't understand but does now. He is a very nice person and was apologetic. Now he knows the rules. Our anonymity rule is different than almost any other forum. And actually, he didn't really give an opinion of a company or person, however, shills are going to need a name. But again, definitely not one. He was being sincere in his comment.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:41 PM
D@ve Se@born

Default more T206's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecld View Post
There will be three auctions in 2019 with his cards. Auction 50015 which is July 18-20 will be the first. Session Two (Lots 81736 – 81923) will end on July 19 are dedicated to Mr. Hall's cards. In September and December there will be dedicated auctions for his collection. All three will have a dedicated catalog. All three covers will form one panoramic-style scene as will the back covers.

And yes, there will be more coming in 2020 and I will post updates as plans and schedules become finalized.

Good Luck and Thank You to Everyone Who Participates,

Peter
Now that the first three auctions are done, do we know what the plans are for 2020? I see Auction #4 is scheduled for 4/16 but anymore details on how many auctions or the 'themes' of each auction? Thanks!