NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone delt with Philip Weiss Auctions before??

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

I was looking at ebay and saw a few live auctions that will take place by ebay id pweissauctions. Has anyone ever delt with him/her before? Experiences? Just wondering since they have some T206 lots that I was interested in.

http://search.ebay.com/_Sports_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfrtsZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQs acatZ52980QQsassZpweissauctions

Old 10-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean Coe

I have bid and won in several of their auctions and have always been satisfied.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I won vintage non-card baseball memorabillia and was satisfied with the purchase. He is an established auctioneer.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bcornell

Previous post by Philip Weiss

They run an excellent auction house.

Bill

Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

Thanks for the info.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...a few years back, and I picked up two Tinkers, two Browns and a Hugh Duffy in a lot, along with a bunch of commons, for a really good price. Still have most of them and they are staples of my collection.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Philip Weiss

Hi,
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would respond in this one to let everyone know that our October 22nd and October 23rd auction is now live on our website at www.philipweissauctions.com. All lots have photos available and a brief description for your viewing pleasure. Many of the lots that are available will be auctioned off simultaneously in our gallery, and on eBay live; user name pweissauctions.

We have many T cards (several cobb, Mathewson, and many other HOF'erS), Mrs. Sherlock pins (major and minor leagues), graded cards, memorabilia, items from the Paul Krichell estate (scout thaT signed Lou Gehrig, Phil Rizzuto, and others) and more, to go along with many non baseball and sports related items.

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions, and we would love to see you at our gallery if you live in the area, or close enough to make the trip.

Thanks again,
Phil

Old 10-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

as several of you know, somehow i or my computer placed an erroneous bid in the Phil Weiss Ebay auction. it was for a comic book, an area of which i have no interest or knowledge. i was somewhat perplexed on what to do. fully ready to back up the bid, which was over $600 hammer price for a comic that i had no idea what to do with. upon receiving my email invoice i explained the problem to them. they immeadiately emailed back and stated that they would make the situation right and remove it from my invoice(this was the only lot on the invoice). i had won items before but nothing in this auction.

this was something they did not have to do, but in doing so spoke volumes of their professionalism and ethics. i would highly reccommend them even enlight of the Ebay bidding problems, which probably are more of an Ebay issue than the auction companies as i imagine it runs on Ebays servers and software.

scott