NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2019, 06:18 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Stop being so sensitive or just add the people that annoy you to your ignore list so you don't have to see their posts.

Now someone quote this post so it can be seen. I assume I am on everyone's ignore list.
I am more inclined to agree with the above. We cannot all sing Kumbuya while sitting around a campfire together but we cannot eliminate those posters who get under the saddle of others either. I am a firm believer that in society we must all learn to deal with everyone regardless if they are jerks or not so we must do the same here. Ignore the posters you don't like, or click past their inflammatory posts and if they get too personal I know Leon will step in as he has in the past. The less touchy feely we are with each other in all aspects of our lives the more tolerant we will become.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:02 PM

I have found the ignore list to be a huge asset.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:06 PM
Dave Fa*st

I don't think things are a whole lot different then they were fifteen years ago here. Just some different people for the most part that are more verbal now...it's an internet chat board of sorts. You're going to get people that are more bold on here with their personalities then they would be in person. So you're going to keep having spats or disagreements that pop up rather quickly.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:49 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
I am more inclined to agree with the above. We cannot all sing Kumbuya while sitting around a campfire together but we cannot eliminate those posters who get under the saddle of others either. I am a firm believer that in society we must all learn to deal with everyone regardless if they are jerks or not so we must do the same here. Ignore the posters you don't like, or click past their inflammatory posts and if they get too personal I know Leon will step in as he has in the past. The less touchy feely we are with each other in all aspects of our lives the more tolerant we will become.
Well said, with your last sentence especially apt.
Acting easily offended seems to be the trend with some nowadays, modern people crumble under even just a hint of adversity... Its pathetic.
Instead of trying to police everyone's behavior to coincide with what YOU think is acceptable Ethan, why not just be a big enough person to move on and ignore it, instead of expecting the entire forum to bend to your standards?
Old 10-20-2019, 09:20 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

There are two people who who come to mind who are by the rule rude for no reason. However, they are otherwise knowledgeable and productive members.

Just assume it's their personality.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:52 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
There are two people who who come to mind who are by the rule rude for no reason. However, they are otherwise knowledgeable and productive members.

Just assume it's their personality.
Yep, this can seem like a harsh place before you get to "know" some of the members who post a lot.

Over several years I've seen that a lot, but I will also say that aside from a few personal gripes that linger, it usually doesn't stay harsh (Or maybe it just gets redirected) And that sometimes that harshness is warranted.

One of my early replies to a post was that I had some T206 SL blank backs.
And the immediate response was "yeah, suuuuure you do"
One I posted a scan all was well.

Now if I was just making something up.... Yikes. that wouldn't have gone well at all.