NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Scott S

Default Short film feature on Pete Rose in Las Vegas

ESPN produced an 8-minute video on Pete Rose, with a lot of footage of his appearances at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. Interesting to watch....

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-our-attention
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

He believes in comfort over appearance.

he must have a deal with the forum shops to sign, and not any one individual store. he is signing at antiquities in this video, but has signed at field of dreams, and a music memorabilia store in other videos. he must move around from store to store.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-15-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Shale Levine

I have the same feelings for Pete that I have for the steroid users. These are men who play like boys do, they compete their hardest and this is all they do. Their careers end when most of us still have to work. Despite all the money they make and lose how would you feel if you could no longer work when you approach 40.

I like what Pete said, play aggressive, be more aggressive and never be satisfied. As a Player he was one of the all time greats and he belongs in the HOF with Bonds, Clemens, Mcquire and shoeless Joe Jackson. I AM A FAN! I don't judge since being human means you make mistakes.

Put Pete in the HOF already, he deserves it.

Sorry if I hit a nerve in any of you! My advice is play the game for a living and see how you feel when you can't anymore.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 PM
qu@n nguy3n

pete deserves to be in the hof...mcgwire with his steroid-ballooned hr number and nothing else...not so much.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Sean Brennan

does anyone know can I mail there for an autograph and what does he charge? thanks
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Banned

he had his career after 40 already mapped out, as a manager, but you cant have him betting on mlb games, and his own team . his fault, i don't feel sorry for him. he did it to himself.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit1 View Post
does anyone know can I mail there for an autograph and what does he charge? thanks
He signs several places throughout the year but I do know he's signing with MAB-Celebrity in November and they do mail order. You may want to check their website for the show listed "this magic moment".
Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
he had his career after 40 already mapped out, as a manager, but you cant have him betting on mlb games, and his own team . his fault, i don't feel sorry for him. he did it to himself.
This is it. I am for letting roiders in the Hall. You can call what they did cheating, but they wanted to get better and only cheated the stats of those that came before with their passion. Jackson and Rose did something different. There has to be ZERO tolerance for gambling within the game, because that cheats the game itself.

Both guys crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed. No hall for either IMO (and that hurts to type because Rose was as fantastic a player as I ever saw).

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 05-16-2012, 10:47 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
I am a huge Pete Rose fan and I agree Travis, but when is the punishment over. Baseball has done the same to Joe Jackson and they were wrong then also.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

I was talking about his career after playing, not his hof status, that's an honor, and his ability to be a mlb manager is a career.

we should probably let him back in baseball when we let the NBA ref back in as a referee who was caught gambling on games he was involved in and by making calls during the games to affect the point spread. Which is never gonna happen. this ref resigned before the blank hit the fan but he would have been fired and never let back in, period. same with Rose, his baseball career is over, i don't feel sorry for him, he did it to himself.

Last edited by travrosty; 05-16-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM

You forgive when someone asks for forgiveness.

Rose has yet to even admit all that he has done. And don't give me a fairytale that Rose has admitted and apologized to all his betting on baseball. I definitely and deservedly go by what Dowd says on this matter. Only an idiot or a denier would take Rose's word over Dowd's on the subject of Rose's betting.

Last edited by drc; 05-16-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Shale Levine

I see all your points, yet Steve Howe, Strawerry, Gooden all had drug habits but they aren't banned from the HOF. I agree the gambling was wrong as was Mantle being an Alcoholic but we are humans all of us and we ALL have weakness in our soles. To Forgive is Devine so maybe we should judge ourselves first.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM

One of my personal interpersonal rules is I give forgiveness when it's asked for. Meaning, asking for it is a requirement. I also don't say "You're welcome" when no one has said "Thank you.'

Last edited by drc; 05-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
I see all your points, yet Steve Howe, Strawerry, Gooden all had drug habits but they aren't banned from the HOF. I agree the gambling was wrong as was Mantle being an Alcoholic but we are humans all of us and we ALL have weakness in our soles. To Forgive is Devine so maybe we should judge ourselves first.
Drugs like those may make a game lopsided or less than optimal from a performance standpoint, but gambling messes with the integrity of the game itself. It makes the game less of a game.

I don't like slippery slope arguments, but I think it works here. If everybody in the game did drugs, I might actually like watching the game more (though I am not condoning it). If everybody was in on a fix, then I would watch baseball as much as I watch pro wrestling (which is zero).

Just my opinion on the matter.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Steve Zarelli

Thanks for sharing. Great video.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Thanks for sharing. Great video.
I agree I liked it very much!!!
Always accepting quality consignments