NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-01-2018, 06:30 AM
Kyle May

Default 2018 NBA Finals

I haven't watched more than 3 or 4 Cavs games this year (I hate LeBron), but I did watch last night.

Ridiculous game. The refs were pathetic. JR Smith is a massive, massive idiot. And I hate the Warriors. What a bunch of pompous, arrogant aholes.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 06-01-2018, 07:40 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I haven't watched more than 3 or 4 Cavs games this year (I hate LeBron), but I did watch last night.

Ridiculous game. The refs were pathetic. JR Smith is a massive, massive idiot. And I hate the Warriors. What a bunch of pompous, arrogant aholes.

Hey, it's BASEBALL Season anyway!

AND The National Spelling Bee was last night too! That was lots of fun...those kids are amazing! One girl sounded like she had swallowed some helium.

… so you don't HAVE TO watch the nba.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
And I hate the Warriors. What a bunch of pompous, arrogant aholes.
This ^^^^^^^

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Hey, it's BASEBALL Season anyway!

AND The National Spelling Bee was last night too! That was lots of fun...those kids are amazing! One girl sounded like she had swallowed some helium.

… so you don't HAVE TO watch the nba.

Correct on it being baseball season. At one point, I had the pleasure of watching the Cavs get screwed by the refs AND dribble out the clock in a tie game, while flipping over to my Indians blowing an 8-0 lead (our bullpen is the worst I've ever seen). At least Lindor knew the game was tied and we needed a run, unlike JR.

I have never been able to get into the National Spelling Bee. Those kids are amazing, but watching them spell words (words that they will more than likely never use ever again) is only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry or grass grow.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 06-01-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:10 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

I don’t believe there will be a spelling bee option for game 2.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

The dangling mouthpiece is really getting old.
How can you not admire Lebron though, what a wondrous player.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Dave

That was a fascinating game, poor reffing or not................and it wasn't as bad or as one-sided as Van Gundy (who looooooooves Lebron) and Mark Jackson (who passive aggressively has hated Golden State ever since they fired him) made it seem.

Calls will start to go the Cavs way anyways, if Golden State gets too comfortable or threatens a sweep. That's the way it always goes in the NBA with the refs. Try to extend the series as long as possible.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Dave

Quote:

LOL, I always try and take a different angle on things rather then piling on the goat. What about George Hill missing that free throw to begin with, or the much shorter and boxed out J.R. Smith out-muscling Kevin Durant for that rebound to begin with, that put him in position for that brain fart?

Cavs still had overtime to try and win the game, and they just folded (including a pouting Lebron) after Hill missed that free throw.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The dangling mouthpiece is really getting old.
How can you not admire Lebron though, what a wondrous player.
I live in the Akron area and know people who have interacted with LeBron over the years. I have not heard good things about him. Not a huge fan of him at all. I also don't think he's as great of a basketball player as everyone says he is. I think he's a better businessman and has completely changed the landscape of the NBA to benefit his brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
That was a fascinating game, poor reffing or not................and it wasn't as bad or as one-sided as Van Gundy (who looooooooves Lebron) and Mark Jackson (who passive aggressively has hated Golden State ever since they fired him) made it seem.

Calls will start to go the Cavs way anyways, if Golden State gets too comfortable or threatens a sweep. That's the way it always goes in the NBA with the refs. Try to extend the series as long as possible.
So screwing over the biggest underdog in the last, what, 17 years, essentially leading them to a loss is supposed to extend the series?

Quote:
LOL, I always try and take a different angle on things rather then piling on the goat. What about George Hill missing that free throw to begin with, or the much shorter and boxed out J.R. Smith out-muscling Kevin Durant for that rebound to begin with, that put him in position for that brain fart?

Cavs still had overtime to try and win the game, and they just folded (including a pouting Lebron) after Hill missed that free throw.
Yes Hill missed the free throw, but should've had a second chance at it due to the uncalled lane violation by Draymond. And yes, the Cavs folded after they blew the end of regulation, another massive flaw of LeBron's - he's mentally weak.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

IMO you have something personal against LeBron that is coloring your view of him as a basketball player. Mentally weak is about the last charge that can be hung on him. He isn't going to come up the hero every single time, nobody is. As for Smith, stuff happens in the heat of the moment in all that deafening noise.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-02-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Barry Sloate

Smith played a few seasons with the Knicks, so I got to see him play regularly. He never impressed me, and often did stupid things. Occasionally he had a hot streak and piled up some points, but he never did anything to make the Knicks a better team. And they tired of him quickly.

And Lebron may not be likable, I have no insight into his personal life, but the guy is a monster basketball player, and has carried the team for the past two months. He has taken a mediocre team to the Finals when there were seemingly better ones in the East, such as Toronto and Boston. I know he can rub fans the wrong way, but I can't find fault with the way he plays.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

In addition to his otherworldly talents and ability to play pretty much any position, he is as intelligent a player as I have ever seen. No player in history has singlehandedly carried a team, it's not the nature of the sport, but LeBron is as close as anyone. And remind me, when was the last finals in which he was not playing?

Old 06-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Smith played a few seasons with the Knicks, so I got to see him play regularly. He never impressed me, and often did stupid things. Occasionally he had a hot streak and piled up some points, but he never did anything to make the Knicks a better team. And they tired of him quickly.

And Lebron may not be likable, I have no insight into his personal life, but the guy is a monster basketball player, and has carried the team for the past two months. He has taken a mediocre team to the Finals when there were seemingly better ones in the East, such as Toronto and Boston. I know he can rub fans the wrong way, but I can't find fault with the way he plays.
A mediocre team he built. He was the one that fought for Tristan Thompson to get a massive contract a few years ago, which has handicapped the team greatly financially. He was the one that got Blatt fired and replaced him with Lue, who is an absolute joke and is only there because LeBron can easily control him. He is the one behind the scenes approving/making the moves for players. He's the player version of Jerry Jones, and it's horrible.

I have a theory that he keeps a relatively mediocre team around him as a crutch and to build his brand. If he fails, everyone blames the mediocre team around him. If he succeeds, he looks like the GOAT. Like I said previously, I think he's a better businessman than basketball player.

Quote:
In addition to his otherworldly talents and ability to play pretty much any position, he is as intelligent a player as I have ever seen. No player in history has singlehandedly carried a team, it's not the nature of the sport, but LeBron is as close as anyone. And remind me, when was the last finals in which he was not playing?
Is he really that intelligent basketball wise? He hardly plays defense, aside from the one or two SportsCenter-worthy plays. He settles for longer jump shots where a layup/closer shot would be way better, especially with his physical superiority. He's never been a good free throw shooter, which is embarrassing. He loves playing isolation/hero ball, instead of promoting ball movement which is the backbone of a strong offense.

2009? That's a lot of participation trophies, considering he's only won, what, 3 of them?

People have fallen in love with LeBron because he is a once-in-a-generation talent, no doubt, but more so because he has changed the entire landscape of the NBA to hide his flaws.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

He averaged over 9 assists per game this year. His career average is over 7. Are you watching the same player as I am? Jordan's average was just over 5, was he a ball hog too?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-03-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Barry Sloate

Kyle- since you live in Ohio and the Cavaliers are your home team, you obviously know more about what goes on than I do. I'm just a fan watching Lebron having monster games and taking a team that should have been knocked out by the second round into the Finals. And it's hard for me to find anything wrong with the way he is playing. I realize there is other stuff going on.

Look, I have to watch the Knicks and Nets every night. You've got the Cavs. You win!
Old 06-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
He averaged over 9 assists per game this year. His career average is over 7. Are you watching the same player as I am? Jordan's average was just over 5, was he a ball hog too?
Have I said that LeBron is a bad player? He's always been a great passer. However, assists can be deceiving and not produce or be a product of ball movement per se. The iso/hero ball I was talking about is something that's wrong with the NBA in general, but LeBron has made a living, literally living and dying by iso/hero ball in crunch time or at important moments throughout a game. I would also venture to say that assists are easier to come by nowadays with the lazy defense exhibited in today's NBA.

Quote:
Kyle- since you live in Ohio and the Cavaliers are your home team, you obviously know more about what goes on than I do. I'm just a fan watching Lebron having monster games and taking a team that should have been knocked out by the second round into the Finals. And it's hard for me to find anything wrong with the way he is playing. I realize there is other stuff going on.

Look, I have to watch the Knicks and Nets every night. You've got the Cavs. You win!
I didn't mean to come off as if I was directing anything at you personally. I was just pointing out factors that surround LeBron that people don't pay attention to.

I've got the Browns, too, which automatically cancels out one of the two good teams in Cleveland. Haha.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

I am sure there were people who found fault with Jordan, and Magic, and Kareem. LeBron is one of the very few best players of all time, if not the best, and I think you are in a small minority criticizing him.

And your analysis that he wants a mediocre team around him strikes me as borderline insane. Recall LeBron went to Miami with the Big Three. He wants to win. That has always defined him.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-03-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Barry Sloate

Didn't take it personally Kyle...and I forgot about the Browns, that's brutal. Not that the Jets and Giants are world-beaters. Except for the Yankees, we have a lot of crappy teams in New York.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
I am sure there were people who found fault with Jordan, and Magic, and Kareem. LeBron is one of the very few best players of all time, if not the best, and I think you are in a small minority criticizing him.

And your analysis that he wants a mediocre team around him strikes me as borderline insane. Recall LeBron went to Miami with the Big Three. He wants to win. That has always defined him.
Never said he wasn't one of the best, but he has the talent to be the best yet lacks the mental toughness and/or intelligence to achieve that honor.

Yes, I remember very vividly when LeBron went to Miami to create the Big Three. He did it because he wanted the easy road, yet still lost, what, 2 titles down there?

LeBron is not above criticism.

Quote:
Didn't take it personally Kyle...and I forgot about the Browns, that's brutal. Not that the Jets and Giants are world-beaters. Except for the Yankees, we have a lot of crappy teams in New York.
You're telling me.

Speaking of the Yankees, are y'all ready to move Betances?

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

You're all over the map. First you say he wants to be on a mediocre team so he can stand out, then you say he took the easy way out to be on a great team. He can't win with you. Saying he lacks the intelligence to be the best is contrary to the near-universal assessment of him -- it's his greatest attribute. He has a prodigious memory and understanding of the game. And I just don't know what games you watch if you think he lacks mental toughness.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-03-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
You're all over the map. First you say he wants to be on a mediocre team so he can stand out, then you say he took the easy way out to be on a great team. He can't win with you. Saying he lacks the intelligence to be the best is contrary to the near-universal assessment of him -- it's his greatest attribute. He has a prodigious memory and understanding of the game. And I just don't know what games you watch if you think he lacks mental toughness.
Look, we're going to agree to disagree on LeBron. It is what it is. You and many other people think he's the greatest of all time. I think he's one of the best, but has fallen short of his full potential. You also think he has a high basketball IQ. I think his business acumen is higher than his basketball IQ, hence the state of the NBA right now.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Look, we're going to agree to disagree on LeBron. It is what it is. You and many other people think he's the greatest of all time. I think he's one of the best, but has fallen short of his full potential. You also think he has a high basketball IQ. I think his business acumen is higher than his basketball IQ, hence the state of the NBA right now.
I would rank him up there among the very top few with Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Russell. It would be hard for me to split hairs among those five.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
I would rank him up there among the very top few with Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Russell. It would be hard for me to split hairs among those five.
Correct, and my point is I think LeBron's full potential would separate him from those other 4.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-03-2018, 10:32 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

GSW are a bunch of b*tches. In the 2016 Finals, they were up 3-1 in the series, and look at the stupid things they were doing to LeBron: Draymond hit him in the nuts, while Curry and Klay Thompson were doing so much trash talking - it was pathetic. Then what ended up happening? Cavs won their first ever title. This was probably the biggest choke I have ever seen in the NBA. After that, the GSW began courting Durant. lol What a bunch of losers. I don't care how many titles they win now, but nothing will ever erase that. Oh, and I hope next time the NBA sends Durant to India, a Bengal tiger eats him.

Quote:
A mediocre team he built. He was the one that fought for Tristan Thompson to get a massive contract a few years ago, which has handicapped the team greatly financially. He was the one that got Blatt fired and replaced him with Lue, who is an absolute joke and is only there because LeBron can easily control him. He is the one behind the scenes approving/making the moves for players. He's the player version of Jerry Jones, and it's horrible.
What's so horrible about it, dude? He took a garbage team to the Finals four times in a row! You shouldn't be complaining about him having too much power in the Cavs organization because he definitely knows what he is doing.

Quote:
He settles for longer jump shots where a layup/closer shot would be way better, especially with his physical superiority.
He has been shooting a lot from behind the arc during this series, but he has to! When you have Curry, Thompson and Durant making 3 pointers non-stop, then you gotta' try and match that. And it's not as if LeBron has been doing a bad job at it. Furthermore, if he keeps driving to the basket all the time, then he is going to risk getting hurt. Look what GSW did to the poor man's eye.

And I agree with Peter, he is a top 5 player.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

I have no doubt that Curry is a fine young man, but his on court demeanor is unbelievably obnoxious IMO.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Dave

Quote:
I have no doubt that Curry is a fine young man, but his on court demeanor is unbelievably obnoxious IMO.

Curry is pretty great. I'd do the shimmy every once in awhile to, if I could hit falling down 35 footers with regularity.

Lebron is great to. The best individual player in basketball, and I disagree with almost everything Kevin says about him...........but is there a bigger whiner in the game? Nearly every single play he doesn't convert on something, he's running down the court (or walking) whining to the referees.

I still respect him because he at least initiates contact to try and draw fouls, unlike Harden over in Houston who falls down a dozen times in every game without anybody touching him, turning the ball over at least half a dozen times every game, just trying to bait the refs.

At least Lebron attempts to FINISH every play, before he puts on his boy who cried wolf act.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
What's so horrible about it, dude? He took a garbage team to the Finals four times in a row! You shouldn't be complaining about him having too much power in the Cavs organization because he definitely knows what he is doing.

He has been shooting a lot from behind the arc during this series, but he has to! When you have Curry, Thompson and Durant making 3 pointers non-stop, then you gotta' try and match that. And it's not as if LeBron has been doing a bad job at it. Furthermore, if he keeps driving to the basket all the time, then he is going to risk getting hurt. Look what GSW did to the poor man's eye.
Calling the Cavs a garbage team while saying LeBron has a lot of power in the Cavs organization and knows what he's doing is quite contradictory.

Trying to match the Warriors 3-for-3 isn't how you beat them. The Rockets nearly knocked them out in Game 7 by chipping away 2-by-2 with a high-intensity effort. Had they not gone stone cold (missed, what, 26 or so 3s in a row?), they would have won. Nobody can match the Warriors when they're even semi-on, let alone locked & loaded. It takes effort from all other aspects to beat them. And he might get hurt? Boo hoo. Don't play basketball then. He is physically superior to everyone in the NBA. Not driving out of fear of getting hurt is ridiculous.

Quote:
100000000% agree about his on-court demeanor. What a putz.

Quote:
.....but is there a bigger whiner in the game? Nearly every single play he doesn't convert on something, he's running down the court (or walking) whining to the referees.
No, and it adds to the list of reasons I'm not a fan of LeBron.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Peter Spaeth

Working the officials is part of the game.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:29 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Working the officials is part of the game.
Bull. What goes on in today's NBA is a complete lack of respect for the officials and zero accountability. It's also complete arrogance.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Never said he wasn't one of the best, but he has the talent to be the best yet lacks the mental toughness and/or intelligence to achieve that honor.

Yes, I remember very vividly when LeBron went to Miami to create the Big Three. He did it because he wanted the easy road, yet still lost, what, 2 titles down there?

LeBron is not above criticism.

You're telling me.

Speaking of the Yankees, are y'all ready to move Betances?
We already gave Cleveland Andrew Miller, but if I'm not mistaken didn't Glaeber Torres come from that deal? If so, we may have the Rookie of the Year.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:50 AM
St@n Go.len

Gleyber came from the Cubs , Chapman deal

And no we are not moving Betances hes our 8th inning guy now with all the injuries and others ineffectiveness

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2018, 08:51 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
IMO you have something personal against LeBron that is coloring your view of him as a basketball player. Mentally weak is about the last charge that can be hung on him. He isn't going to come up the hero every single time, nobody is. As for Smith, stuff happens in the heat of the moment in all that deafening noise.
The only play I remember seeing that even compared to Smith running out the clock at the end of a tied finals game was that Chris Webber time out. That may go down as the biggest mental blunder in sports history.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
We already gave Cleveland Andrew Miller, but if I'm not mistaken didn't Glaeber Torres come from that deal? If so, we may have the Rookie of the Year.
No, he came from the Chapman deal with the Cubs. We gave you Justice Sheffield and Clint Frazier for Miller.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
The only play I remember seeing that even compared to Smith running out the clock at the end of a tied finals game was that Chris Webber time out. That may go down as the biggest mental blunder in sports history.
Especially given that the series could be 1-1 right now instead of 0-2.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Especially given that the series could be 1-1 right now instead of 0-2.
Those respect-worthy officials didn't exactly help with the absurd reversal of the charge call on Durant. They had no business reviewing that play, there was no reason at all to think LeBron was in the restricted area.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:13 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Those respect-worthy officials didn't exactly help with the absurd reversal of the charge call on Durant. They had no business reviewing that play, there was no reason at all to think LeBron was in the restricted area.
The reversal was the correct call, James was not set. The fact that two officials signaled two different calls should have been enough to review it. But whatever the reason for the review, the fact that they made the right call in the end is what matters to me.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Calling the Cavs a garbage team while saying LeBron has a lot of power in the Cavs organization and knows what he's doing is quite contradictory.
There is nothing contradictory about my statement. LeBron has been sailing a broken ship in the right direction for years. He has learned to make the most out of his crappy players. If you don't like him, then please send him to Toronto.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
The reversal was the correct call, James was not set. The fact that two officials signaled two different calls should have been enough to review it. But whatever the reason for the review, the fact that they made the right call in the end is what matters to me.
I don't think that's grounds for review, it's grounds for a jump ball.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
There is nothing contradictory about my statement. LeBron has been sailing a broken ship in the right direction for years. He has learned to make the most out of his crappy players. If you don't like him, then please send him to Toronto.
He is the one that has selected his shipmates and put them in positions on the crew to keep the ship broken.

Quote:
Bingo.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-04-2018, 11:20 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
I am not sure how the rule is written, but when one ref signals block and the other signals charge, and the call is reviewable, it should be reviewed. Just like that GB vs Sea game the packers got hosed on with the replacement refs. One signaled td, the other int. Not a good look in either situation.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I am not sure how the rule is written, but when one ref signals block and the other signals charge, and the call is reviewable, it should be reviewed. Just like that GB vs Sea game the packers got hosed on with the replacement refs. One signaled td, the other int. Not a good look in either situation.
The alleged justification for the review was not the difference in whether there was a block or a charge, but rather whether LeBron was in the restricted area. And he was nowhere close.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
The alleged justification for the review was not the difference in whether there was a block or a charge, but rather whether LeBron was in the restricted area. And he was nowhere close.
I understand the point you're making. I'm fine with the justification if that's what was necessary to get the call right. If they're not allowed to review the call based solely on the issue of block vs. charge then that rule should be rewritten in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I understand the point you're making. I'm fine with the justification if that's what was necessary to get the call right. If they're not allowed to review the call based solely on the issue of block vs. charge then that rule should be rewritten in my opinion.
Fine, but the refs are supposed to apply the rule as written, not as you think it should be rewritten.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:46 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Fine, but the refs are supposed to apply the rule as written, not as you think it should be rewritten.
True, I dont watch much basketball except for late in the playoffs. I couldn't tell you if this is a loop hole that's commonly exploited or if this was a rare occurrence. But it seems odd to me that the issue of block vs charge is reviewable only while reviewing if a player was in the restricted area or not. Why make the issue reviewable at all if it can't be reviewed on it's own? That defies logic in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:52 AM
je.sse @rnot

Here's a link to an article that mentions the points were both making. My guess is this rule gets clarified in the off season.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/...g1ngbe9pl40hdb

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 06-04-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
If it's all about getting the call right, then why not review every single call throughout the game?

Quote:
True, I dont watch much basketball except for late in the playoffs. I couldn't tell you if this is a loop hole that's commonly exploited or if this was a rare occurrence.
Many people within the game were saying they have never seen what happened, happen before.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-04-2018, 12:01 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
If it's all about getting the call right, then why not review every single call throughout the game?

Many people within the game were saying they have never seen what happened, happen before.
I'm in favor of getting the call right as much as possible in any sport. Especially in key situations late in a game. I'm personally in favor of even reviewing things like ball vs strike, or pass interference if it can be done without drastically slowing down the game.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:42 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake View Post
Gleyber came from the Cubs , Chapman deal

And no we are not moving Betances hes our 8th inning guy now with all the injuries and others ineffectiveness

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thank you. I knew it was one of those relief pitcher trades.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Kyle May

The best thing that can happen to the Cavaliers' franchise is LeBron leaving this offseason.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC

Old 06-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Kyle May

LeBron apparently suffered a broken hand after Game 1 when he punched a whiteboard.

Wow.

- Hall of Famers

- Grover Hartley PC

- Jim Thome PC