NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 11-22-2016, 01:29 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Default Somewhat OT Rick Probstein tells me I can file in small claims to get my cards back

Cards sent on 8/1

Excuses given about moving and the holidays etc
After two months, on 10/7 I sent him mulitple emails asking to cancel the consignments. His excuse was that evrything was still in boxes and he needed the packing list. Finally on 10/30 he got back to me and said he'd ship them back.

After more emails, on 11/13 I gave him a deadline of last Friday or I'd file in small claims.

I broke down and called him today and he said I would not have a tracking number, and "go ahead file in small claims".

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 11-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Cards sent on 8/1

After two months, on 10/7 I sent him mulitple emails asking to cancel the consignments. His excuse was that evrything was still in boxes and he needed the packing list. Finally on 10/30 he got back to me and said he'd ship them back.

After more emails, on 11/13 I gave him a deadline of last Friday or I'd file in small claims.

I broke down and called him today and he said I would not have a tracking number, and "go ahead file in small claims".
Yes Rick is a horrible human being. I quit bidding with him a long time ago, even before I learned about all the shady stuff that goes on with his auctions. He was a complete a$$ to me once also.

Good luck getting your items back in the same condition you sent them in.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I can't imagine he would just keep your consignment, not sell it and not send it back. That would be a crazy business model. Is there any more to the story? Not saying it didn't happen just like that but man, that is pretty tough if it did. If someone did that to me I don't know what I would do. I guess it depends a little bit on the amount involved.
Old 11-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Honestly I might show up outside their office or home at 1 am waiting to meet them personally. That's total horseshit.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:38 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Still isnt listed, and still hasnt been sent back after months. Personally, I'd move to have him removed as an advertiser if it is not resolved in a matter of days.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:33 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Still isnt listed, and still hasnt been sent back after months. Personally, I'd move to have him removed as an advertiser if it is not resolved in a matter of days.
Makes no sense if you want to stay in business.. What cards were they and boy PWCC is looking better and better compared to probstein..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-22-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 PM
N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Makes no sense if you want to stay in business.. What cards were they and boy PWCC is looking better and better compared to probstein..
It seems to me that Brent does a great job taking time to do things right by putting in every possible effort to make a sale and create a great listing, and have great customer service and relations to boot. Each time I see a Probstein listing of a card I like I get a sour face. Regrettably, I find the quality of his listings a turnoff. I would much rather be financially supporting PWCC, for sure!
Rant over,
NJ Dunkin
Old 11-23-2016, 01:14 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Honestly I might show up outside their office or home at 1 am waiting to meet them personally. That's total horseshit.
Same here, and seeing how his office is about 3 miles from my house, it wouldn't be hard to do.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:38 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Apparently he moved offices

Mind you card recieved 8/4

9/20 "i still have 10 days to move"
9/28 "move complete"
10/9 "still backed up"
10/12 tp 10/31 Asked 4 times to cancel
10/31 "forward me the packing list and I'll send them back"
11/13 "still unpacking"

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 11-23-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:28 AM
Robert Williams

That is bullshit.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:01 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

I'm guessing he thinks you don't have any proof of what you actually sent him (i.e. the packing slip), so he figures he's gonna win in small claims...
Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Anyhow just got this

hi ted, I was unable to unpack another 25 or so boxes yesterday...I still haven't come across your package again yet ( since the move )
I have another 50 or so packages to go....if u wanna wait that fine and if u wanna discuss compensation , then we can do that as well

Old 11-23-2016, 10:09 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

I'm not sure about you guys, but I could pick up 100 boxes and look at the return addresses on them in about 10 minutes. He's playing games...
Old 11-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

He lost them...and doesn't want to admit it or pay for the cards.

I do not understand why anyone would willingly do business with him on the consignment end. His operation sounds like a chaotic mess and his customer relations skills make this guy look good:

Send Babu Bhat to shame him:

"You bad man! You very very bad man!"

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-23-2016, 04:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I can't imagine he would just keep your consignment, not sell it and not send it back. That would be a crazy business model. Is there any more to the story? Not saying it didn't happen just like that but man, that is pretty tough if it did. If someone did that to me I don't know what I would do. I guess it depends a little bit on the amount involved.
+1......This guy is the biggest seller on Ebay. He can be a tad rude sometimes (Mr. Big syndrome), but why would he do this?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-23-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:32 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

I had a decent amount of cards i was going to consign to him...now ill send somewhere else, that commission alone would be worth a decent amount....
Old 11-23-2016, 05:12 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Cards sent on 8/1

Seems odd to me, Rick is a good business Man. As Leon alluded to, is there something else going on??

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-23-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:16 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Big bucks....Good luck with that...
Old 11-23-2016, 05:28 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Cards sent on 8/1

Maybe you can check "Grampa attic"
Old 11-23-2016, 05:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Maybe you can check "Grampa attic"
It is interesting the 'go ahead and file small claims' was something verbal and not in writing
Old 11-23-2016, 05:31 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Surprised I dont see your overpriced "hi end" oc cards in his auctions. Pigs get fed, but hogs get slaughtered

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Old 11-23-2016, 05:33 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Surprised I dont see your overpriced "hi end" oc cards in his auctions. Pigs get fed, but hogs get slaughtered

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I still love the way you spelled Grampa...It's almost like you're not sure if it's a she or he...By the way, spell out your name like a real man....Is your name Tod Sherbert?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-23-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Seems odd to me, Rick is a good business Man. As Leon alluded to, is there something else going on??
It amazes me how many people stick up for someone like Rick. This is the same guy that was proven on this forum that he let several people shill their items. He has had several listings that he just plain lied in the description to get higher prices. 2 of my favorites was when he was selling the opened pack of cigarettes as being sealed and containing a T206. Then lets not forget that Bill Russell auto that he was selling as the Basketball legend when it was the baseball player Bill Russell. This list could go on and on.

I remember when Bill Mastro was accused of the same thing by board members and several came on to stick up for Bill. Believed the members then that accused Bill and believe Ted now.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
It is interesting the 'go ahead and file small claims' was something verbal and not in writing
That would just be silly to write, nobody said Rick was stupid.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:56 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Ben,

No way in Hell am I sticking up for Rick Probstein. I don't like his personal approach to things, and he can be a dick. I was simply referring to his business ethics which was contrary to what I heard the original OP comment on, period....He's not one of my favorite guys, but his business success is well known....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-23-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Scott Russell

FWIW Not defending or accusing anyone, just sharing my Probstein experience. I bought a collection from a buddy, but I don't really deal in autographs and he had a ton that he and his dad had collected in person at shows and spring trainings, several decent ones. I knew that Probstein did well with autographs so I middled them for my buddy for free. It took a long time and much prodding on my part, somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 months from the time he received them until they were finally listed. Payment came fairly quickly, and results were solid (without any shenanigans!) however if time had been an issue for my friend it would've been a pretty rough experience.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 11-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
He doesn't advertise here but that is a good thought.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Ignorant statement if that is made thinking he advertises here. And anyone that thinks that is wrong also. Several advertisers have been asked not to advertise and no advertiser has ever been protected.

Last edited by Leon; 11-23-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:11 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
I still love the way you spelled Grampa...It's almost like you're not sure if it's a she or he...By the way, spell out your name like a real man....Is your name Tod Sherbert?
Perfectly acceptable way to spell that word, though I may have used the plural.

grampa
[gram-pah, -paw, -puh]
noun, Informal.
grandfather.
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2016

A real man? So silly. As Leon as stated innumerable times you need to put your name in the header if your are offering an opinion. HOWEVER, you can use symbols and variations so the troll-holes like Google and other data miners will not pick up you name during their info grabs.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 11-24-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:02 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Perfectly acceptable way to spell the that word, though I may have used the plural.

grampa
[gram-pah, -paw, -puh]
noun, Informal.
grandfather.
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2016

A real man? So silly. As Leon as stated innumerable times you need to put your name in the header if your are offering an opinion. HOWEVER, you can use symbols and variations so the troll-holes like Google and other data miners will not pick up you name during their info grabs.
My God, I can't believe this actually got a response....I was being sarcastic to the poster, and you send all of these dictionary explanations? Michael, I was being sarcastic, come on....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 11-24-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:19 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

I spelled it that way to try and come off like one of the backwater rubes some members here try to prey on.

ie:

Psa 8 o/c hi end!

Last sale 1800 now just 5k

As far as the "man" comment, I'll defer Kevin to the dictionary's definition of "projection"

Old 11-24-2016, 11:51 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
My God, I can't believe this actually got a response....I was being sarcastic to the poster, and you send all of these dictionary explanations? Michael, I was being sarcastic, come on....
Kevin,

No worries. Unfortunately words on any forum like this have no tone so it can be difficult to interpret the meaning. Many people can be purposely pugnacious and I read it that way. All is cool.....(ellipses on purpose)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”