NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Richard Simon

Default Why are some people like this?

Sometimes you just shake your head.
A customer, not sure if he is a member here, L. T. Smith, orders a Roger Maris AP from my price list for $325. In the list it is described as beautiful signature with light fold in the page.
He pays me, I ship.
An hour later he e mails me and says he did not read the ad fully, did not see the part about the fold, and did I ship it already? He also says he gets his stuff graded and wants a 9 from the great and all knowing god of PSA.
Yes I shipped it I write back to him but look at it and if you are not happy then return it.
He gets it and says yes it is nice and it is just a very light fold but can you give me a $30 refund? Why would I give him a $30 refund. He further BS's me by saying how PSA is tough on grading. What does that have to do with me?
This is BS and I refuse to give him a refund.
He then says he is returning the Maris.
It appears that I have another buyer so I probably still will be selling it.
Sorry for the rant but people like this just leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Compounded by a $100 offer for a $900 item I have on ebay.
Save me from these people.
I think I need another vacation and I just got back from one.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-02-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Doug Goodman

People are stupid, I think I was behind Mr. Smith on the highway earlier today.

You should have offered to charge him an extra $30 for being annoying, and another $30 for giving his money to PSA.

Doug
Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

So this isn't a good time to offer you $200 for that $900 item?
Old 08-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
So this isn't a good time to offer you $200 for that $900 item?
That cracked me up!!!!
Old 08-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
That cracked me up!!!!
I'd go $250 and I don't even know what the item is, I just trust Richard (hey Rich) that much
Old 08-02-2016, 05:50 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Oooh. A new trend. The totally blind auction. Can I bid $300?

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 08-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Oooh. A new trend. The totally blind auction. Can I bid $300?
This thread made me laugh on a day that I needed a good laugh.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 08-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
I'd go $250 and I don't even know what the item is, I just trust Richard (hey Rich) that much
Much appreciated
btw - It is an 8x10 signed photo of Rocky Marciano.
--
Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I didn't know what I was bidding on, either, but that totally sounds worth $200!
Old 08-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Richard Simon

This seemingly never ending saga continues.
The original buyer told me on Aug 2 he would ship it out that day by 2 day priority mail.
I wrote to him today asking him about that.
His reply:
"Was just about to message you today and ask if your other buyer contacted you yet letting you know he's interested. I didn't want to ship back and have the buyer back out and leave you hanging."

Is this guy a weasel or what? Fortunately my other buyer is patiently waiting for the Maris.

Then this:
"I can't ship today cause I'm not at home. Still at work and have another surgery scheduled later. Tomorrow afternoon should be fine or I can deliver in person as I'll be in New York for a conference 8-11 to 8-14. Let me contact my credit card and see if they have any procedure on returning something from the internet as I've never done that."

This guy is a piece of work and I told him to ship it tomorrow and since he paid through paypal I would refund him by paypal.
My friend Jim Stinson wrote me about this thread and told me just get rid of this pain in the ass. Some people are just not worth the time.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-05-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:31 AM

Default And..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
This seemingly never ending saga continues.
The original buyer told me on Aug 2 he would ship it out that day by 2 day priority mail.
I wrote to him today asking him about that.
His reply:
"Was just about to message you today and ask if your other buyer contacted you yet letting you know he's interested. I didn't want to ship back and have the buyer back out and leave you hanging."

Is this guy a weasel or what? Fortunately my other buyer is patiently waiting for the Maris.

Then this:
"I can't ship today cause I'm not at home. Still at work and have another surgery scheduled later. Tomorrow afternoon should be fine or I can deliver in person as I'll be in New York for a conference 8-11 to 8-14. Let me contact my credit card and see if they have any procedure on returning something from the internet as I've never done that."

This guy is a piece of work and I told him to ship it tomorrow and since he paid through paypal I would refund him by paypal.
My friend Jim Stinson wrote me about this thread and told me just get rid of this pain in the ass. Some people are just not worth the time.
The good news is that for most transactions 99% will be good and decent people maybe even friends , so the 1% while indeed frustrating well.. Hyman Roth while not an autograph dealer said it best
Old 08-06-2016, 10:18 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Richard
In my business just as in yours and Jim's or any business dealing directly with people AND their money 1%-5% of people cause 90% of your frustration and problems. I think some people deliberately try to be a pain in the butt by their nature or to try to frustrate you into some sort of fiscal submission.