NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default Have we talked about this Wagner PSA before?

Posted By: Bryan Long

Found this one for sale in another auction site. Have we talked about how the label is strange before? I have used the search function but didn't find anything. Is it homemade?

http://www.sportsonlyauction.com/auction/detail.asp?id=10592

Old 04-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

I don't belive the person has the card, 10K for a card worth 100K is to good to be true...stay away

Old 04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I think it's a fake card in a fake PSA holder. If you look at the upper right corner, the paper loss reveals grey cardboard underneath. T206 were made with white cardboard. Someone should at least alert PSA about this holdered card.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Administrator

I see he mentions in the tiny print that he can't guarantee the authenticity, and it is being sold for novelty purposes. Then what's with the holder?

Old 04-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

Does anyone have an account with PSA to check the serial number even though that font is not used an ANY other PSA-graded items? And if it's a novelty, what's with the BIN price of $10,000? If I bid, would he accept novelty money?

Old 04-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jamie

the certification number matches the psa database as a honus wagner graded 1

Old 04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Administrator

I think the serial number was hijacked from the PSA database and put on this label, just to give it a little more of an authentic flavor. An incredibly dangerous situation.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John

It’s a fake no big surprise huh? The certification number belongs to the Wagner on the left. A card, which I believe, Sportscardsplus auctioned. The card on the right is the fake with the wrong back to boot. Also notice the font and labeling are completely different from what PSA uses. Apparently forgery isn’t the art it used to be.
I contacted PSA and gave them a heads up on this too for good measure.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

is a stupid crook. The moron who made up the label couldn't even figure out that it would look more realistic with a sans-serif font like PSA uses. What an idiot...

Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

how many people out there would be fooled with this kind of scam. If there are people willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for obvious fakes on ebay hoping for their big break then I'm sure that there are a few out there that are willing to pay a couple of thousands for a fake like this one. Sad in a way.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Dawson

This card was sold on ebay just a couple of months ago. The seller explained that he made it himself with a fake label and a "cracked" holder. You can see the cloudiness around the holder's edges, showing that the holder was opened.

The seller on this current one might be the buyer of the last one, and is now trying to fleece the public.

Steve

Old 04-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

copy cards for our own amusment...

Old 04-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

using designs I really like. I'll post some of the results if they are nice.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

This was discussed before. I have watched a friend of mine who is a graphics designer for a screen printing company, "photoshop" a graded coin in less than five minutes. You literally could not tell from the created image that this was not a real graded coin. With these sophisticated software design packages, any image is possible. Knowing this, anyone who buys a high priced baseball card off of ebay from someone without any reputation in the baseball card business, sorry to sound harsh...is a glutten for punishment.