NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-27-2009, 05:22 AM

Default Opinion on 19th cent girlie card on ebay

Sorry in advance for outing this card, but it's in piss-poor condition and my guess is that not many people are in the market for it. My concern is that the card has been reattached (re-glued?) after having been broken apart along the side-to-side heavy crease. While you're at it, if anyone can tell me if the card is catalogued and is definitively baseball-related I would appreciate it (the "ideal" looks like a sticker). Thanks, Pete

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default S.W Venable Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete zouras View Post
Sorry in advance for outing this card, but it's in piss-poor condition and my guess is that not many people are in the market for it. My concern is that the card has been reattached (re-glued?) after having been broken apart along the side-to-side heavy crease. While you're at it, if anyone can tell me if the card is catalogued and is definitively baseball-related I would appreciate it (the "ideal" looks like a sticker). Thanks, Pete

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Burdick classified these as the S.W.Venable issues and gave them numbers 358,359,360 and 361. I generally have given them the (N)360 designation as those were the baseball scenes under that category. I have seen them called other numbers too though...In nice shape they are fairly valuable. I have sold some nice ones in the $250-$400 range. I hope this helps...
Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

A scan of one (this is the card pictured in the SCD Standard Catalog)

N360-1 or H804-35

2.2" by 3.9", They are made of a thick card stock, found with many different brands on back (Cockade, Gay Head, Helmet, Ideal, Pluck, Little Rhody, M.T. Coffey, etc.), 9 different poses known.

Last edited by fkw; 11-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM

Default from the nonsports gallery

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/z-ns-N360/go.html