NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Jordan Gluck

Default Kriendler

You have some amazing work. I would buy as many as I could if I had the capital to do so but as a college student it's not that easy. I was wondering if you were thinking about doing prints of your paintings? Just something that I have been thinking about as they would be awesome to frame with some signed cuts.

Keep up the Outstanding work
Gluck
Old 09-30-2014, 04:22 AM

"This is a Very Interesting idea!"

As a Young Sailor growing uP in the Submarine Navy, I was extremely fortunate to have been assigned to a Submarine based out of Pearl Harbor, on the Island of Oahu in Hawaii. While I was there, I fell iN Love with a lot of things about the islands... but the one that probably stuck the most was the Love of a Young Artist, his name iS "Christian Reese Lassen"!
Christian's Split Under Oceanic Land View paintings were so Impressive that His Art work Prices quickly rose out of my bank account's reach. When I Re~Enlisted I used a good portion of my signing bonus for one of His Litho~Serigraph's, which included One fish(Dora from Disney's Movie "Nemo" comes to mind : ) Hand Painted, along with His Original Signature to the Piece a Bought, it was Called "Diamond Dawn". Even back then, paying a few thousand for it was well worth it!

I guess my point is (along with the OP's thoughts) that making an affordable print Run of the "Matty" that Graig Master'd... "The Christian Gentleman"!
( http://graigkreindler.com/?p=342 ), I would stand iN Line for at 0400 hours, As my Grandmother to my Children did... for Beanie Babies, Outside Nordstrom's in Mission Valley, San Diego ~ Back iN the Day!!! What a Trooper She was... She wound uP givin' all 10,000 of'em to me to sell on ebay... And she thought she was doin' me a favor ~

Sooo, Whatya Say Griag...? I sure would like One of dose Bad Boyz!

As Always my Friends...

Last edited by irishdenny; 09-30-2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Graig... Please Let me Know Where I need to Go to Get iN Line, "Truly!" ; -)
Old 09-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks for your kind words, Gluck.

Unfortunately at this time, I do not offer reproductions of my work. On my Facebook page, I actually wrote a note a few weeks back about why I don't do so, which I think kinda explains it pretty well. I've copied and pasted it below. Hopefully it clears things up!

Graig

-----------

Under normal circumstances, when an artist has a painting that he/she wants to share with a wider audience, there's the option of producing prints in order to do so. The word 'prints' can refer to anything from an Internet-saved image printed out from a home computer to high-quality archival giclées made in expensive print houses that are the standard in the fine art world. There are thousands upon thousands of artists who offer up any number of those services to those who follow their work.Really, it's a practice that ends up being a win-win for both parties. Fans are not only able to own a version of an original piece that has already been sold to another client, but additionally, they're able to build a collection based on their own individual budgets. For the artists, they're able to find their work in the homes and collections of more people, thereby obtaining a larger following. Also, those prints supplement an income on work that they've already done.

All in all, it sounds pretty easy. However, the route for doing reproductions of my work is unfortunately not so simple.

When I do an original painting of Babe Ruth and am lucky enough to sell it, there's not much to consider in terms of legal ramifications. However, if I took the same exact painting, made reproductions of it and began to offer them for sale, it ends up being a whole new ballgame. The reason being that I am no longer selling a one-of-a-kind original work, but am now using my painting--and everything depicted therein--for commercial purposes. And once something like that is being used for commercial purposes, technically there are a lot of rules to follow.

Babe Ruth, while no longer around, is an intellectual property. The pinstripes and interlocking “NY" on his hat are intellectual properties. The advertisement for Coca-Cola in the background of the painting is an intellectual property. The photograph that the painting is based on is an intellectual property. Major League Baseball is an intellectual property. Those responsible for the care-taking of each individual “brand”needs to be compensated before allowing me to make money for myself. When it was just an original painting, although a recognizable person and entity were still being pictured, the work of art itself is considered to be what the artist is making money off of. He/she is then protected under his First Amendment rights. However, if I started making money off of reproductions, and say, the estate of Babe Ruth wasn't getting a piece of the pie, then I would be violating the rights of their client, and I could easily be sued. It just so happens that the people who represent Babe Ruth charge quite a lot for their licenses. As does MLB. And the MLBPA. And Getty.In other words, a LOT of money has to go into it before I'm able to really put myself out there like that.

So in the end, I'm looking for the right opportunity. One that's beneficial to me, as well as whomever it is who entrusts me with their intellectual property. When I do find that opportunity, I assure you, you'll all be the first people to know!

Graig