NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: Scot Reader

Beware the three pristine-looking raw T206s (Bell, Ewing, Mattern) on ebay right now from eBay seller "comic-keys". I was the unlucky winner of these cards when the same seller last auctioned them in 2003. Per PSA, Bell is trimmed. Per me, Bell, Ewing and Mattern are trimmed--and quite possibly have been professionally recolored. Indeed, the link below describes the Talented Mr. Keys, a.k.a. Richard Koos, a.k.a. Danny Dupcak, as a "cosmetic surgeon" for comic books--and also tells of his brushes with the criminal justice system. Outside of my mildly unpleasant 2003 experience with these specific cards (to his credit, he did take them back and refunded most of my money), I have no first-hand information to offer on Mr. Keys, but provide the following link for those interested in what others have said.

http://www.comiccollectors.net/latest_news.php?filter=3&article_id=5

Scot

Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: scott brockelman

This should stimulate some mindblowing threads.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

It'd be a little more interesting to see a link to the T206 cards...

Old 09-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: John S

Thanks for the heads-up Scot.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: dennis

here's one http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-MATTERN-NM-MT-8_W0QQitemZ220031882278QQihZ012QQcategoryZ86841QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: Brueso

oh, "Doctor" Koos... that name takes me back.

I remember a few years back when he was particularly trying to impress everyone on the board by talking about how much he could bench press and how he could get the services of any stripper he wanted because he was so impressive.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: jeff drum

He's also got a beautiful "NRMT/MT" Cobb Bat-On as well.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

How could anyone "dis" this seller? He's a POWER SELLER and his item location is as follows:

PLATINUM POWER SELLER & SQUARE TRADE MEMBER, United States

The link to the Mattern card must be incorrect because the seller describes it as a BOOK. Wow, this is a true rarity... T206 (book version). See the item description:

A Private Auction to dissuade the "Thrill/Joy-Bidders" that are generally attracted to books of this nature in these extreme grades, to preserve the integrity of the auction for the well-intending bidders, and to ensure bidder/winner confidentiality.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: jay behrens

Edited to try and preserve Leon's sanity

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: Richard Simon

Danny Dupcak, in 1994 pled guilty to selling forged autographs in his store in Nassau County, NY.
I was the expert witness for the Nassau County District Attorney's office and I examined all the autographed items in his store. He had multiple Joe Jackson autographs along with all the other HOF greats. . It was quite an amusing accumulation of forgeries.
After I and others testified in a preliminary hearing, Mr. Dupcak pled guilty.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss

Old 09-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: WinPitcher

Danny was so stupid he used a flair pen when forging the babe's auto. I was ripped off by him too. The guy is a snake.

Steve

Old 10-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Warning

Posted By: Richard Simon

I saw those flair tip Babe Ruth autographs when I was in his store, thus my reference to an amusing group of forgeries. And seeing 5-6 Joe Jackson fakes at once was the capper, just too funny for words. I think Danny was not the brightest bulb in the business. Or he thought his customers were complete idiots.
I can recall that when I was called to the witness stand, Danny stood up at the defense table and remained standing throughout my testimony, as if trying to intimidate me.

Note to Danny - It didn't work . Hope you enjoyed jail.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
Unknown author
--
We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.
No retreat baby, no surrender.
The Boss