NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Banned

Default Budig Jeter Ball RARE Signature

Here is what I believe to be a legit Jeter signed early year ball. I got it from a family member who misplaced the authentication. He said I would have to get it autheicated to sell it which I plan on doing but not to sell. I'd like a little input from you experts. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (14.3 KB, 361 views)
Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 AM
Banned

Here's a close up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (9.4 KB, 360 views)
Old 08-26-2016, 04:29 AM
Banned

70 views no response, thanks guys lol. I'm not really questioning if it's real because I know my family member met Jeter back when he was a rookie. I'm just curious as to what it's worth and the year you all believe it was signed. The ball is very white.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Banned

Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are great !!!
Old 08-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psal3891 View Post
Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are great !!!
LMAO, you post at 3am then at 5am and by 8am you are all pissed about no response. How old are you? I bet you aren't 50 something or your panties wouldn't be in a wad so quickly. Take a chill pill....
Old 08-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
LMAO, you post at 3am then at 5am and by 8am you are all pissed about no response. How old are you? I bet you aren't 50 something or your panties wouldn't be in a wad so quickly. Take a chill pill....

Alright, how about you focus on the ball. Finally get a response and nothing about the ball. The page has nearly 200 views, figured someone would of chimed in already. I'm 25 years younger then you if you were wondering.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:31 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

what are you expecting? There are only a handful of experts here that are great with Jeter and if they happen to be on the west coast, they are probably still sleeping.

Also, why do you feel they should respond to you after you have been rude here and in the other thread you posted regarding your ball....

Since you "know it's real" - why don't you do a little research of your own to find the value or be patient and remember you are asking for FREE information from some of the most knowledgeable collectors out there.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 08-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Banned

But by your response the auto must be quite scarce since you seem a little on edge lol
Old 08-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Banned

Allll I said was I know it's real, what's wrong with that ? And I'm just messing around, lighten up geez. It's just a baseball. Signed by jeter. In the early 90's.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:36 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
But by your response the auto must be quite scarce since you seem a little on edge lol
All I see is a Derek Jeter signed baseball that if authentic, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for.

Based on your 51 total posts here. you have added 0 value and have basically asked for free opinions on prices of cards and a signed baseball.

0 value added...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

Old 08-26-2016, 07:38 AM
Banned

$200 for a clean budig jeter? Since when ? Show me where I'll buy all of them lol

Last edited by Psal3891; 08-26-2016 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
All I see is a Derek Jeter signed baseball that if authentic, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for.

Based on your 51 total posts here. you have added 0 value and have basically asked for free opinions on prices of cards and a signed baseball.

0 value added...

Based on your 1500 posts you must be such a valuable contribution to the forum life style. Relax bub, I'm here to ask questions and that's perfectly ok, what are you talking about?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
$200 for a clean budig jeter? Since when ? Show me where I'll buy all of them lol
well...Here's one...
http://www.milehighcardco.com/derek_...-lot17698.aspx

and here's another...
http://www.eacgallery.com/lot-1285.aspx

and here's one from Goldin at $332 after Buyer's Premium (Not too far off)
https://goldinauctions.com/lot-11883.aspx

Old 08-26-2016, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
well...Here's one...
http://www.milehighcardco.com/derek_...-lot17698.aspx

and here's another...
http://www.eacgallery.com/lot-1285.aspx

and here's one from Goldin at $332 after Buyer's Premium (Not too far off)
https://goldinauctions.com/lot-11883.aspx

Ey Bub did you look at the color of that last ball that sold for $335. It's almost brown. Let's get you goin.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Banned

Lol look at the quality of the balls you posted and the date of auctions. Over five years ago. You really got the resources.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Lol look at the quality of the balls you posted and the date of auctions. Over five years ago. You really got the resources.
Resources? That was a 30 second google search. Enjoy your time here. Good luck getting a response.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Banned

This is why I love forums, I have such amazing finds to share but even at 50 years old people still have jealousy issues. Pathetic
Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Banned

No one can even be like, nice ball man real nice! Either no response or something trying to degrade it. Keep em coming kids.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Stefan

Quote:

0 value added...
+1

Scans are also not the greatest and honestly, I would not buy a Jeter that was signed on the sweet spot that was not MLB Auth/Steiner- I don't know his early habits, but the few times I attempted to get/or got a signature from him- he only singed on the side panel and from what I've seen on the Sports Autograph forums is that he does not sign SS unless for those companies.

Last edited by Smanzari; 08-26-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:07 AM
D@vid L@dd

Quote:
Guy...stop trolling...if you are so knowledgeable why the hell are you asking??????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Joel

Common "Alaska" forgery.

This forgery is outlined in the book called Operation Batting Cage.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:39 AM
David Linardy

Default Jeter's ball

May be a budding ball, but does not look like an early Jeter to me... Id pass on the ball if offered to me...
Old 08-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Banned

Lol your all ridiculous, it's ok maybe one day youll own your own early jeter ball. It's budig, just get over it. All the silly remarks are just unnecessary. I'd pass on your ex gf but that's a different story.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:54 AM
Banned

If you all spent less time being negative towards other people's treasures maybe you could spend that time finding your own lol lets get u goin
Old 08-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Banned

For all you know it's already authenticated and I'm here just to prove how negative a bunch of men on a forum can be over someone's memorbilia because they lack quality in there own collection.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:59 AM
D@vid Fel@

Jeter has done and continues to do multiple signings a year. At this rate he will be approaching feller territory when all is said and done. I'm not sure a signed ball falls into the 'treasure' category
Old 08-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by felada View Post
Jeter has done and continues to do multiple signings a year. At this rate he will be approaching feller territory when all is said and done. I'm not sure a signed ball falls into the 'treasure' category

Keep up the negativity man it'll get you real far in life lol. It's an older jeter. They will forever hold their value. The fact it was free makes it a treasure to me. You guys pay for things like this. That's what's funny lol
Old 08-26-2016, 10:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
If you all spent less time being negative towards other people's treasures maybe you could spend that time finding your own lol lets get u goin
Get u goin needs your full name out here....nothing personal Pat.rick Fare.nga

Thanks again and good luck with the ball!!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Banned

Leon's a grumpy grandfather with no jeter balls
Old 08-26-2016, 10:10 AM
Banned

You know your old when your favorite card is Jimmy Foxx lmao
Old 08-26-2016, 10:11 AM
Banned

Old man is on a dell desktop, black coffee and the newspaper reading the forums lol
Old 08-26-2016, 10:23 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

FWIW on this site as well as in life common courtesy will get aid and respect a little faster and also a little knowledge and less confrontation will help. Also the only time I have found a "bad ass " attitude or confrontation works on this site is when you have the information and expertise and experience to back up your opinion.
Yes you have a Jeter ball .. congratulations . The value is only what someone is willing to pay for it. But I am sorry to tell you that the ball will not get you early retirement nor a vacation home in the Bahamas...it is simply put not that spectacular nor rare. The fact that it may or may not be an "early " Jeter signature does not greatly increase its value as an early Mantle, Ruth, Mays, or Aaron signature would be. Additionally the "story " of its acquisition means nothing on this site ....there are countless stories on here of acquisitions and most of them tend to be on non authentic items, why ? Who knows but it is a trend. So in short your story means nothing. As far as the opinions on here .. I have never failed to get an answer within 6-8 hours allowing for time zone differences and when I posted .... SO BE PATIENT !!! But remember you are the one asking for the opinion so don't get your panties in a wad if the responses are not what you want to hear.
Also post your LOA / COA if you have one . Show the complete package not just your item. Many LOAs/ COAs are bad also.
Good Luck finding happiness in your Jeter ball.

Last edited by Klrdds; 08-26-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
FWIW on this site as well as in life common courtesy will get aid and respect a little faster and also a little knowledge and less confrontation will help. Also the only time I have found a "bad ass " attitude or confrontation works on this site is when you have the information and expertise and experience to back up your opinion.
Yes you have a Jeter ball .. congratulations . The value is only what someone is willing to pay for it. But I am sorry to tell you that the ball will not get you early retirement nor a vacation home in the Bahamas...it is simply put not that spectacular nor rare. The fact that it may or may not be an "early " Jeter signature does not greatly increase its value as an early Mantle, Ruth, Mays, or Aaron signature would be. Additionally the "story " of its acquisition means nothing on this site ....there are countless stories on here of acquisitions and most of them tend to be on non authentic items, why ? Who knows but it is a trend. So in short your story means nothing. As far as the opinions on here .. I have never failed to get an answer within 6-8 hours allowing for time zone differences and when I posted .... SO BE PATIENT !!! But remember you are the one asking for the opinion so don't get your panties in a wad if the responses are not what you want to hear.
Also post you LOA / COA if you have one . Show the complete package not just your item. Many LOAs/ COAs are bad also.
Good Luck finding happiness in your Jeter ball.

Well this is the best response I got so far lol some what spiteful but I like it. Obviously I didn't hit the jackpot, I know that. I almost walked out with a Mantle ball but the guy wised up lol. Just say it's real so we can move on with our boring lives. It's a great example. I've seen budig in good shape sell for $500+. I thought maybe this would be worth a little more considering the placement of the signature. It's not never before seen placement it's just uncommon. It's ok man, it's a nice one. Say it
Old 08-26-2016, 10:41 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Sorry I can"t say it is nice or authentic. I only collect vintage autographs with a smattering of current players. I have over 500 single signed baseballs as a frame of reference for you so you know where I am coming from. The 2 Jeter balls I have I have gotten in person. You will have to determine getting a PSA or JSA letter on your own BUT it will probably not sell without one if you are going to sell it.
PS post your name too . It will help your credibilty on this site.

Last edited by Klrdds; 08-26-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Doug Goodman

Sorry, I was sleeping so I couldn't answer while you were replying to your own post TWENTY (!!!) times....

Not too bad for a guy with 68 total posts.

You asked for opinions, so here goes...

I think it's a fake. But that's just my opinion, and I'm not charging you a fee, so take it for what it's worth, or don't.

Take it to one of the companies that charge for their opinions, they may disagree with me, and they may even be right. But, maybe they will be wrong. They will charge you a fee, either way.

Mine was free.

Doug

PS - it would be funny if you added another reply while I was responding...
Old 08-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Well this is the best response I got so far lol some what spiteful but I like it. Obviously I didn't hit the jackpot, I know that. I almost walked out with a Mantle ball but the guy wised up lol. Just say it's real so we can move on with our boring lives. It's a great example. I've seen budig in good shape sell for $500+. I thought maybe this would be worth a little more considering the placement of the signature. It's not never before seen placement it's just uncommon. It's ok man, it's a nice one. Say it

Geez. What is your deal? Why do you need the stamp of approval from everyone? Some people don't like it, why don't you beg for them to say they like it.

And, uncommon placement? It's a freaking SS! What is so uncommon about that?

Keep living in your own world with this fake ball. It's ok man, just say. Say it's fake.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Geez. What is your deal? Why do you need the stamp of approval from everyone? Some people don't like it, why don't you beg for them to say they like it.

And, uncommon placement? It's a freaking SS! What is so uncommon about that?

Keep living in your own world with this fake ball. It's ok man, just say. Say it's fake.

Please elaborate on what's fake about it? I'd love to hear lol
Old 08-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Please elaborate on what's fake about it? I'd love to hear lol

Then why the hell did you want others' inputs if you know it's real?

Humor me why you think it's real. LOL.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Banned

Here's one more picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (7.3 KB, 224 views)
Old 08-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Then why the hell did you want others' inputs if you know it's real?

Humor me why you think it's real. LOL.

Like I said in the original post I know it's real. That's why I never asked for validation.'I asked for a year and value. I would like to know what you see that triggers a "fake"
Old 08-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Banned

Idk maybe it's real because I left with two auto cards from 2000 some t206 cards some Mickey cards etc but ya know the jeter auto yeah prob a fake.
Lol cmon man
Old 08-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Idk maybe it's real because I left with two auto cards from 2000 some t206 cards some Mickey cards etc but ya know the jeter auto yeah prob a fake.

Lol cmon man

Really? That's your reasoning? C'mon man, you're not that big of an idiot are you?

As your post before, you didn't mention anything in the OP about value or year. Only when you complained no one gave you attention is when you mentioned it. Otherwise, it sounds like you're asking if it's authentic.

Here's the value $0. Maybe a few bucks because it is an OMLB. The year is a moot point.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Really? That's your reasoning? C'mon man, you're not that big of an idiot are you?

As your post before, you didn't mention anything in the OP about value or year. Only when you complained no one gave you attention is when you mentioned it. Otherwise, it sounds like you're asking if it's authentic.

Here's the value $0. Maybe a few bucks because it is an OMLB. The year is a moot point.

Once again you still have no reasoning behind your fake call besides the jealousy in your voice. Keep it up. You haven't mentioned one thing about the signature.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Banned

My reasoning is look at the signature, that's all I need.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Once again you still have no reasoning behind your fake call besides the jealousy in your voice. Keep it up. You haven't mentioned one thing about the signature.

Why would I be jealous LOL. There are probably 50,000 Jeter signed balls. Yep, I'm jealous of yours.

Keep what up lol? Keep thinking you have a real ball because you got a couple other cards with it.

Sure I have, it's not Derek Jeter's.

Fine, the letter formations are wrong. Especially in the early party of his signature.

Happy?
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:

Wow. Just wow. You're a gem.

This thread is about to get very exciting.

Where's Chris?
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Wait, that was what I was going to say.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Banned

There not wrong ha. Look at his budig signatures. Are you one of the experts that was sleeping till noon or you just some guy with no expertise throwing shots?
Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Jeff

Silliness...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obvious-troll-is-obvious.jpg (76.9 KB, 210 views)

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default Budig Jeter Ball RARE Signature

Quote:
There not wrong ha. Look at his budig signatures. Are you one of the experts that was sleeping till noon or you just some guy with no expertise throwing shots?
Good luck trying to unload this fake.

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 08-26-2016 at 11:05 AM.