NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

Default Past events that i will address.......

In the past few weeks i have recieved some messages in regards to past conversations and posts here on Net54 by members. In general the posts seem to hover around Joann and a few others in regards to statements i have made. Also there could be a perception of how i feel in regards to some members on the board that i feel is wrong because i do not hate anyone.

Normally i would not post this on the main message board but hopefully we can all stop thinking about the past because there is nothing more annoying than someone constantly bringing up the past or the fact in 1908 they walked to school in 5 feet of snow 14 miles each day for 7 years.......

The messages i have recieved generally bring up Joann, Steve F, Rawn, Barry Sloate, Peter Spaeth and a few others. I'm being totally honest when i say i do not hate these people or have any thoughts of ill will towards them. My idealogy and also aspects of my life are very different from theirs and we do not see eye to eye on alot of viewpoints GASP- welcome to America or should i say jungle.

Some people feel i owe apologies to some of these folks and feel that i have crossed lines that they deem unfair and here is my response to that. Most of things i stated were in jest and reponses to hijacks on my threads. If everyone would be politically correct then the world would be BORING! Folks like Eddie Murphy, David Letterman, Dice Clay, Johnny Carson all brought laughter and created all kinds of drama with their sense of humor and if you did not like them then turn the channel.

I see that with the Joann situation some folks are offended and feel that i owe an apology to her for my comments. My thoughts on that have not changed and they never will, i honestly feel what i said was in jest and very mild to what happens in the world today. At the same auction i bought the artwork and book a woman in her late 30's was bidding on a diamond ring and i outbid her and she glared at me and shrugged, i then said don't make me take my belt off and she started laughing. She walked up and apologized and said she just loved the ring and thought she would win it and that she should not have gave me a dirty look, my response was well sweetheart it is a public auction and money is only dirty paper so you should have stayed on the ring. I ended up selling her the ring for 40 bucks over what i payed and it made her day GASP- she did not call Jane Fonda because of my belt comment GASP- i was not instantly beaten to death for actually having a response to her glare.

My point to all of this is very simple. Computers do not have voice inflection or expression so alot of things that are said are taken the wrong way. I really have nothing against Peter Spaeth because jeez the guy is a corporate attorney for god's sakes and really i'm just busting his chops and hopefully he does not feel i hate him because i do not. In regards to Rambo i know he realizes i am only kidding and really i enjoy his posts because he is hilarious. I thought with Joann that we had agreed to disagree so really i have not given it a second thought and i have no grudge or negative thoughts towards her. I just try and give Barry Sloate the needle but i see he could have never cut it hanging out with the likes of some of the baseball players he loves so i have stopped and will not horse around in regards to him.

Hopefully this has addressed some concerns and we can start living for tommorrow because yesterday is gone. I'm not posting anymore about my thoughts in regards to these folks and i hope they all have a merry life and find many Ty Cobb with Ty Cobb backs
Old 08-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Rich Klein

Default Marshall

One advantage of this new board is that you can post many versions of smiles next to a comment. Therefore; if a comment is supposed to be a kidding one; you can put a and a next to your comment and that will make it obvious you are kidding to some extent.

And on a serious note; this public apology is a good start and chance to start over; you do appreciate these cards and have fun with them and there is nothing wrong with that. And if you stay with less "noize" and more comments like the estate sale issues; you'll have just as much fun on the board with a lot less drama

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 08-31-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
...this public apology is a good start and chance to start over...

???? That was an apology?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Okay, It's clear. You are and always will be a pr!ck. Now be useful and help figure the Wrigley Field thread in the Mem. forum.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Barry Sloate

Marshall- I had told Leon I was no longer going to respond to you, but the nature of this post dictates I do otherwise.

People who know me know that I have a pretty good sense of humor and that I have no trouble being the butt of a good joke. But what you see as needling I see as poor manners. No matter how funny, politically incorrect, or irreverent you think you might be there is still a need to be respectful and courteous. In that arena your batting average is near zero. If you think calling me Barry Goat is funny may I suggest that stand up comedy is not a good field for you to pursue.

Nevertheless I appreciate your comments and I agree with can all live peacefully on this board. Carry on.

Last edited by barrysloate; 08-31-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM

Leave Marshall alone. He's a good man.

This one's for you, Marshall
Old 08-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Alan, I was being complimentary. My father always called me that, and he had unquestionable love for his kids.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Al

Another fine card-related post from poor, misunderstood Marshall.

-Al
Old 08-31-2009, 02:00 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Actually, Barry Goat is kinda funny
Old 08-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Another positive response from the king of positive vibes Al C. You see Al the point i was trying to make is that if you have nothing positive to say then do not post. I do not think i am misunderstood, i think a majority of folks understand me quite well. Take Rambo for instance he just had me rolling with his post so it's all good.

Rich.....i understand your point but it does not take a rocket scientist to tell when someone is joking around.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Barry Sloate

Jay- it's too easy. A good joke takes a little more ingenuity.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned

Default Bahhhhhhhh........Bahhhhhhhhhh

Ok Barry we all know you cannot take a joke and the route you took in handling it was shall we say cheesy at best, i'm sure your computer keys have cheese all over them. I personally thought Barry Goat was hilarious but since your so ultra sensitive and your skin is about as thick as say a E121 i stopped joking around and have since stopped calling you that. By the way oh how dare anyone make fun of me i did not see you apologize to Dick for making false assumptions in regards to him marketing and selling a product which was out of line but ohhhhhhhhhh.........that's right your like so ultra cool that you are allowed to talk smack and get away with it.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Tim Newcomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Marsh View Post
Ok Barry we all know you cannot take a joke and the route you took in handling it was shall we say cheesy at best, i'm sure your computer keys have cheese all over them. I personally thought Barry Goat was hilarious but since your so ultra sensitive and your skin is about as thick as say a E121 i stopped joking around and have since stopped calling you that. By the way oh how dare anyone make fun of me i did not see you apologize to Dick for making false assumptions in regards to him marketing and selling a product which was out of line but ohhhhhhhhhh.........that's right your like so ultra cool that you are allowed to talk smack and get away with it.
So much for apologies.

Barry Sloate has to be about the easiest guy on the whole board to get along with-- if you can't do it, that says something about you, and it's not good--
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned

I understand you probably run his fanclub Tim and it's great that you get along with him, it's not that i do not get along with the guy and i have nothing against him personally. For me he kinda jumps in on posts and spouts off and if someone responds then he gets pissed or offended with some self entitlement fit for a king. Barry it's all good and i have nothing against you so carry on and keep selling cardboard.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Steve Murray

Reginald Marsh

Who is this? Is this Marshall Barkman (sp?)? I've kinda been out of the loop on what's been going on.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Barry Sloate

Yes Steve, it is...and thanks Tim for your support.

Marshall my skin is thick, but I guess your humor just goes over my head. What can I say?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklitsch View Post
Reginald Marsh

Who is this? Is this Marshall Barkman (sp?)? I've kinda been out of the loop on what's been going on.
OH it's a "k", I thought it was an "f".

EDIT TO ADD
<--------------------------

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-31-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Adam M.

Default OT?

Shouldn't this thread be marked with an "OT" in the title. I hope we get back to threads about cards. Thought that was the point of this whole board.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Jim VB

Adam,

I agree, but there seem to be two posters in particular, who have become lightning rods.

I suppose that's not really such a bad percentage. Life in general had a much higher ratio of idiots.

As Quan suggested the other day, this new board does have an "ignore" feature that allows you to skip all of an individual's posts. On the off chance that one of these guys makes a relevant post, you'd have to count on someone else alerting you.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Banned

What a bummer it must be to run out of dollar bills at the local strip club and have everyone stop paying attention to you. What to do, what to do?

Hmmm, maybe head over to Net54Baseball.com and make a post that's all about ... me! Me, me, wonderful me! Everyone, look at me! Comment about me!

I guess this thread is Marshall's personal champagne room.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
What a bummer it must be to run out of dollar bills at the local strip club and have everyone stop paying attention to you. What to do, what to do?

Hmmm, maybe head over to Net54Baseball.com and make a post that's all about ... me! Me, me, wonderful me! Everyone, look at me! Comment about me!

I guess this thread is Marshall's personal champagne room.
Did I say 2? Maybe I meant 3.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Banned

I aspire to lie low. Like you, Jim.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
I aspire to lie low. Like you, Jim.
LOL!

Rob D. - Keeping Readership Down (since 2008)
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Al

Quote:
You see Al the point i was trying to make is that if you have nothing positive to say then do not post. I do not think i am misunderstood, i think a majority of folks understand me quite well.
I think everyone here understands you, Marshall, and that is very much the point.

You're happy to suggest that someone who has nothing positive to say should not post, but you're not content to take your own advice. What could have served as a nice try at an apology instead came off as another self-serving rant that placed the blame at the feet of those people who are offended by your inane yammering.

It could have gone like this:

Quote:
MARSHALL: I'm really sorry for being insensitive and coming off like an idiot; I really enjoy this community and I'd like to be a part of it.

COMMUNITY: Well, okay, we'll give it another shot.
Instead, it goes like this:

Quote:
MARSHALL: If you don't like the things I say, then you shouldn't listen, and you definitely shouldn't take offense because I'm only joking.

COMMUNITY: (anger)
But you don't get it, because there's clearly something wrong with your digestive system which is causing your intestinal gas to back up into your brain.

Aside from prattling on about your peace pipe cards and your hundred-dollar auction, I have seen absolutely zero useful, on-topic posts from you. You exist solely to type irritating and insulting things, pull the board off-topic, and generally get people pissed.

So yeah, I'm irritated that you're here again. You're like the Swine Flu - nobody wants you but you keep coming around, when you're here you get everyone all uptight, but really you're just a headache and some mucus.

-Al

Edited to add: I'm not one to attack people personally or even start fights on message boards. Anyone who might be wondering where this post is coming from, I urge you to find some of Mr. Barkman's jabs at Joann, and then ask how someone who could be so crude toward such a respected contributor to this board could possibly be allowed to remain here.

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 08-31-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

Well Rob if folks would stop e-mailing me and messaging me in regards to people on this board i would not have made the post. It tends to get old reading about events that happened over a year ago. My post was to clarify that i do not hate anyone or have a grudge and really bro i do not seek attention. Any person at the National that saw me will have to say that i did not go out of my way to seek anything especially attention.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned

Aw shucks Al i forgot that the entire world revolves around your every thought. My post was to clarify how i felt about certain people and that i do not hate anyone. I did not apologize to anyone nor have i ever implied that apologies were forthcoming. You see Al there are over 2000 members and probably another 2000 lurkers that watch this board, of the 4000 people i would say 80% never post or have any input to the board. So when like a handful of folks get pissed off over basically nothing it may affect that little "click" but in the reality of the baseball card world it means nothing.

I also found it interesting that a majority of these folks that were really going to give me a piece of their mind at the National did not even come to the show or the dinner for that matter but guess what GASP- I did go to the show and GASP-Did exactly what i said i would do which is roll around and have a ball buying and selling cards and GASP- I did attend the dinner like i said i would do and GASP-No one approached me or had anything to say in regards to the "click".

As i have stated from the beginning if people would not e-mail me or message me in regards to all this nonsense then i would not post about it. Anyone with any intelligence can tell by my original post that really i was trying to say i hate no one so let's move on........but oh that's right.......i forgot the "click" thinks i seek acceptance or want to be a part of it and really that's just not my bag.

I had a nice chat with Leon at the National and also the dinner and i think he knows that really i'm not trying to harm anyone so different strokes for different folks. Welcome to America Al C where the streets are getting tougher every day.

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 08-31-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Al

Quote:
Aw shucks Al i forgot that the entire world revolves around your every thought.
Well, please don't forget it again.

Incidentally, I believe the word you're reaching for is "clique."

-Al

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 08-31-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

I am curious Al as to what the N stands for?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Aw shucks Al i forgot that the entire world revolves around your every thought. My post was to clarify how i felt about certain people and that i do not hate anyone. I did not apologize to anyone nor have i ever implied that apologies were forthcoming. You see Al there are over 2000 members and probably another 2000 lurkers that watch this board, of the 4000 people i would say 80% never post or have any input to the board. So when like a handful of folks get pissed off over basically nothing it may affect that little "click" but in the reality of the baseball card world it means nothing.

I also found it interesting that a majority of these folks that were really going to give me a piece of their mind at the National did not even come to the show or the dinner for that matter but guess what GASP- I did go to the show and GASP-Did exactly what i said i would do which is roll around and have a ball buying and selling cards and GASP- I did attend the dinner like i said i would do and GASP-No one approached me or had anything to say in regards to the "click".

As i have stated from the beginning if people would not e-mail me or message me in regards to all this nonsense then i would not post about it. Anyone with any intelligence can tell by my original post that really i was trying to say i hate no one so let's move on........but oh that's right.......i forgot the "click" thinks i seek acceptance or want to be a part of it and really that's just not my bag.

I had a nice chat with Leon at the National and also the dinner and i think he knows that really i'm not trying to harm anyone so different strokes for different folks. Welcome to America Al C where the streets are getting tougher every day.

CLIQUE!!!! Dammit! Not "click."
Old 08-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Banned

I prefer "click" Rob i understand how it is spelled.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:05 PM

The lighting WAS blinding at the N54 dinner. Maybe the shades scared people away.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

That was Jim and Al who pointed out your second-grade spelling, not me.

Here's a link to a page that allows you to edit the settings that will prevent other members from e-mailing and messaging you:

http://www.net54baseball.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Problem solved. Now your e-mail and message boxes won't be overflowing thanks to the hordes who've been bothering you.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Al

To answer an honest-to-goodness baseball-related question from Mr. Flu, the "N" stands for "Newark," and is a logo of the Newark Peppers of the Federal League.

-Al
Old 08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Aw shucks Al i forgot that the entire world revolves around your every thought.
Dammit if he isn't right this time!

(Edited to add - This would be a good spot for a "Uranus" joke.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Al C's Universe.jpg (47.1 KB, 437 views)

Last edited by Jim VB; 08-31-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

My bad Rob and thanks for the tip but i'm not the type to block people. Mr. Flu is not Al Bundy and i'm glad to see someone has a sense of humor.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

This is becoming very tiresome. Who cares, lets talk about cards!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

I understand that sometimes it is fun to argue, but this saga makes no sense to me. Marshall may have said some things that offended people. He has somewhat apologized. What is it that the board members want? Will he be hounded forever for it? Why keep it going? If you don't like someone, don't talk to them. Let it go!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
I think everyone here understands you, Marshall, and that is very much the point.

You're happy to suggest that someone who has nothing positive to say should not post, but you're not content to take your own advice. What could have served as a nice try at an apology instead came off as another self-serving rant that placed the blame at the feet of those people who are offended by your inane yammering.

It could have gone like this:

Instead, it goes like this:

But you don't get it, because there's clearly something wrong with your digestive system which is causing your intestinal gas to back up into your brain.

Aside from prattling on about your peace pipe cards and your hundred-dollar auction, I have seen absolutely zero useful, on-topic posts from you. You exist solely to type irritating and insulting things, pull the board off-topic, and generally get people pissed.

So yeah, I'm irritated that you're here again. You're like the Swine Flu - nobody wants you but you keep coming around, when you're here you get everyone all uptight, but really you're just a headache and some mucus.

-Al

Edited to add: I'm not one to attack people personally or even start fights on message boards. Anyone who might be wondering where this post is coming from, I urge you to find some of Mr. Barkman's jabs at Joann, and then ask how someone who could be so crude toward such a respected contributor to this board could possibly be allowed to remain here.

Has Joann been posting? Have not seen her here for a while.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 PM

Marshall- can you show us some of your vintage basebal cards? Do you collect cards? I must be in the minority, but this guy says some funny sh*t. Bring the noise!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned

Well chiprop according to the "click" i do not have any cards or money for that matter. I'm just a lowlife who happens to love watching beautiful women sway.........sigh.........here are a few of my beaters that i somehow managed to obtain with my panhandling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzz.jpg (69.8 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg 1aaaaaazzzz.jpg (73.3 KB, 340 views)

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 08-31-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Has Joann been posting? Have not seen her here for a while.
She's been very busy working towards becoming a lawyer...I know she made a very nice pickup on ebay a few weeks back so she's still involved in the hobby.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Default Walter Johnson...

I must say there is something very cool about the E253 Oxford Confectionary series. The Walter Johnson in the set is one of my fav cards. I should probably re submit the card because i think it is in ex condition.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I guess I am now on the other side of the fence and let me be the first to apologize to Marshall...

Marshall, I am sorry that a year ago I pointed out the inconsistencies in your stories and tales. Your hyperbole and exaggeration are to be commended. I am also sorry that I did not realize right away that we had a near golf champion who once had one great round in a PGA qualifying event. Good job!

Marshall, I am sorry that you seem to have taken the good natured ribbing here so to heart and had to come on and defend yourself from the likes of Joann and Barry. It was totally unfair for them to have feelings about what you said about them.

Marshall, I am sorry that I ever doubted that you collected cards, you obviously have a collection of at least four cards. I hope Bruce makes you a fair offer for them. They are beautiful!

Marshall, I am sorry that you seem to have a problem expressing yourself in an adult manner. I feel that, as adults, many here may have difficulty understanding your speaking patterns and content. The good news is that I understand it since I am regularly around elementary children in my capacity as a teacher.

Marshall, I am sorry that I might have a difficulty understanding how one person might find something offensive and one person might not. I did not understand that on a public forum about baseball cards that a poster, such as yourself, should be allowed to spout whatever he wants and damn all if he upsets people more respected than himself.

Marshall, I am sorry that you were not given the same amount of respect Barry, Leon, Peter, etc. enjoy the second you found this forum and posted. That was definitely an oversight on our part. As you seem to keep trying to say, respect is not earned, it should be given outright!

For all these lapses, Marshall, I am truly sorry.

Joshua

Last edited by Wite3; 08-31-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Rawn Hill

Joshua, you owe me a fold next Hold'em game as I just lost a drink of beer through my nose reading your post. Thank you very much.

Rawn
Old 08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
I guess I am now on the other side of the fence and let me be the first to apologize to Marshall...

Marshall, I am sorry that a year ago I pointed out the inconsistencies in your stories and tales. Your hyperbole and exaggeration are to be commended. I am also sorry that I did not realize right away that we had a near golf champion who once had one great round in a PGA qualifying event. Good job!

Marshall, I am sorry that you seem to have taken the good natured ribbing here so to heart and had to come on and defend yourself from the likes of Joann and Barry. It was totally unfair for them to have feelings about what you said about them.

Marshall, I am sorry that I ever doubted that you collected cards, you obviously have a collection of at least four cards. I hope Bruce makes you a fair offer for them. They are beautiful!

Marshall, I am sorry that you seem to have a problem expressing yourself in an adult manner. I feel that, as adults, many here may have difficulty understanding your speaking patterns and content. The good news is that I understand it since I am regularly around elementary children in my capacity as a teacher.

Marshall, I am sorry that I might have a difficulty understanding how one person might find something offensive and one person might not. I did not understand that on a public forum about baseball cards that a poster, such as yourself, should be allowed to spout whatever he wants and damn all if he upsets people more respected than himself.

Marshall, I am sorry that you were not given the same amount of respect Barry, Leon, Peter, etc. enjoy the second you found this forum and posted. That was definitely an oversight on our part. As you seem to keep trying to say, respect is not earned, it should be given outright!

For all these lapses, Marshall, I am truly sorry.

Joshua

There. Now THAT'S an apology!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Why is it that the board is so quick to jump on a guy like Marshall who, while occasionally obnoxious, by all accounts has never ripped anyone off? Yet so many on the board are just as quick to defend great guys who routinely steal from hobbyists? The obvious answer is that so many of said hobbyists routinely make make money as consignors off the fraud perpetrated by some really great guys -- even at the expense of the rest of us. Maybe some of the impressive umbrage displayed here could be directed at the thieves of our hobby instead of Marshall.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Jim VB

I think people (myself included) get on Marshall for a variety of reasons.

1. He's an easy and obvious target. He came on the board loud and attacking, and people don't like that approach.

2. His choice of people to attack seems odd. He goes after Barry, Joann, Joshua, and Al. These are people generally considered to be even tempered and likable. If he was just rude to Bruce, or a couple of others, people would view him differently.

3. He's a square peg trying hard to fit in a round hole, and I don't just mean the board, but life in general. Guys like him were funny back in college, but most grew out of it.

I could probably go on for a while, but anyone asking why we're "quick to jump on a guy like Marshall", is just spoiling for a fight himself.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Banned

It's ok Jeff i don't pay any attention to the "click". Joshua kind of reminds me of the professor in back to school when he is taking himself so seriously in conducting the business class, when Dangerfield speaks up and talks about how things are done in the real world the professor gets pissed just like our dear friend Joshua.

You know something Joshua i finally figured out what i want to be when i grow up.......stretches.......yawns........yep you guessed it bro a elementary school teacher. By god if i really put my mind to it i could actually do it, oh i know it is so hard to become one and like only 1 out of a million make it but i swear if i go to the gym everyday and then look in the mirror and practice my lines i can do it........uhhhhh.....huhhhhh.....clearing throat now.......now class i want you all to behave and Donald please stop wiping boogers on Lisa because she is not a napkin. Wheeeeeeee........what fun
Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
1. He's an easy and obvious target.
My point exactly.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

Jim.....let me state that i do not pick on anyone. Allow me to refresh your memory captain. The names you mentioned generally came on my threads hijacking them creating drama and when i fired back they got their panties in a uproar. Also please note that many things i stated came true but you forgot to mention that so allow me to refresh your memory.

1. Said Fla would cover and win the National Title GASP- It happened
2.Said Take the points with the Cardinals-GASP-They covered
3.Told the board of a filly i own that had no chance running at Charlestown because of her cuppy feet but watch out when i ship her because she can boogie and GASP- when i shipped her to Mountaineer park she went off at odds 29 to 1 and ran second by a nose GASP-the trifecta paid over a grand and the exacta paid almost 200 now i wonder how many times i had it
she also paid 19.00 to place and almost 10.00 to show but i know you had no money one her because you were to busy looking in the mirror telling yourself how wonderful you are while dousing yourself with Old Spice.

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 08-31-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Closed Thread