NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Default Some T-206 Questions for the experts

Posted By: Eric Angyal

If anyone can help me with the following questions it would be much appreciated:

1) If Polar Bear brand cards were in the 350 and the 460 series does that mean the both the Demmit and O'Hara St. Louis variations were also in both of those series?

2) Is the Frank Smith (Chicago and Boston) card available only in the 460 series or was it also in the 350 series? I have 2 different references that give conflicting information.

3) Any guesses as to what series the Ty Cobb back was ment to be a part of (the 150 series ?) ?

4) Can anyone confirm the existance of a brown Old Mill Southern League back by posting a scan to this board? I have never seen confirmation of this back and I am starting to think that it really doesnt exist but was made up by someone to spread disinformation. Reminds me of the previously discussed black Piedmont that no one has ever proved exists.

Thanks,

Eric

Old 05-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

lots of people have seen them, but no scans exist.

Old 05-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brian

Eric
As you and I have discussed before, I don't know anyone who has owned a brown old mill. As far as the Smith variation, I have only owned 460's. I would assume Ohara, and Demmitt were available in both series, but I have no proof. Maybe Mr Lipset or Mr lemke can answer these questions. I emailed FKW, a week or so ago and he hadn't seen a brown old mill either, so I guess they don't exist. I'm going to grab a cold one and go back out to the beach. later brian

Old 05-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry

I have owned one brown old mill. It was a trimmed Thornton. I bought it about 10 years ago in a James Maxwell auction. It was very much brown and can in no way be taken for a black example. I traded this card to Art M. some time last year and it was auctioned on ebay.

Old 05-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Administrator

...we just haven't seen any evidence. It's hard to believe that not one single owner of a Brown SL'er has saved a scan!

Old 05-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian

I save a scan of every tough card I have owned for reference. Please anyone who has owned a brown old mill send us a scan, were not doubting you Jerry, but we're are from Missouri " show me" "show me" "show me". look forward to putting this mystery to rest.
thanks brian

ps. nice price on the 07 broadleaf , Scott.

Old 05-07-2002, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john

check the t206museum,they have a scan of arts brown old mill back that was on ebay

Old 05-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Administrator

http://www.t206museum.com/page/bk_reglt3.html#tag

I claimed earlier that I located a non-SL'er brown Old Mill, but based on the scans I was told that it was just a lightly-inked black back. This isn't true - I've examined the back closely under a 10x and had 50 other Old Mills to compare it to. Mine is definitely a different,browner color. My scan looks similar in color to the one on the link, but is definitely lighter. I will post scans later tonight.

Old 05-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Old 05-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

the coloring of the Old Mill backs posted is almost identical to the 207 Milan I have that I have no doubt is printed with brown or rust colored ink. It is the only 207, along with the Bresnahan, that I did not sell. If I go to the national, I plan on bringing this card along so other people can see it.

Jay

Old 07-08-2002, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Nate R.

Incase this picture does not download you may email me for a scan. NBRACINE@MSN.comhttp://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1026098860.JPG