NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

Posted By: scott (runscott)

For those of you who didn't know, I planned to auction a few mystery cards tonight that would have ended at approximately 00:32:04 this Sunday night, all under the new RSR grading company label. Imagine my dismay, after downing a bottle of cheap Californian Burgundy (like a "jumbo shrimp"), and sitting down with my photocopies, x-acto knife, cheap screw-downs, and crayons, to find that "historictreasures" had shut down all their auctions that were due to end this Sunday evening...at approximately 00:32:04 this Sunday night. Perhaps I screwed up by posting my intentions on the Collectors Universe board, but the end result was exactly what I was looking for.

I am a happy camper, but RSR is still ready to open shop at a moment's notice.

And, historictreasures, you absolute losers, I own almost all the Spalding and Reach Guides that you cut up to create your cards, so don't even think about it.

Old 07-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

I had planned to coincide the ending of my auctions with the ending of three historictreasures auctions: 1911 Reach Johson, Ford and Walsh. All three were pictures cut from the same page of a 1911 Reach Guide. My cards were going to be combos of half of each body - weird, but I had a demented point to make. When I go to ebay and search for these cards, they show up as "Invalid item - no longer available". Why aren't they showing up as ended auctions? If they are invalid, that usually means that the seller is no longer a registered ebay user, but that isn't the case. Any thoughts?

Old 07-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

Posted By: John(z28jd)

If you click on their profile page it says they arent a registered user anymore

Old 07-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

Posted By: David

Histictreases is no longer a registered user. However, Libertyforall still is and a tons of AAA items up for auction

Old 07-06-2002, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

by profile page i meant feedback page

Old 07-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

I beat you too that post,must have been because of the time zone differences beetween seattle and nj

Old 07-06-2002, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

Posted By: David

Scott, an effective method to discourage bidders, is to publish and put up on eBay, the "AAA and NASA Price Guide'. Obviously the description would cleary indicate the items true worth ($0). Any potential bidder would click on the ebay link to see what their potential winnings are valued at and, one would hope, wise up.

Old 07-06-2002, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default VICTORY!!!!

I already had something planned for libertyforall, but really wanted to do my historictreasures head-to-head posts tonight...drats.

I'm not sure if the two are the same - libertyforall seems much more verbose and nonsensical, but has never responded to any of my emails, while historictreasures couldn't resist and called me "ignorant"...ouch...