NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
I know I saw this auction and the contract was believe it was even advertised in SCD. I agree that the selling price (was it $5,940?) would be the FMV. None of these autographs in itself are truly rare and when I saw the auction, i figured someone is going to buy the piece and cut it up.
I’m not sure I understand your post. If the expectation is that a document like this would be cut up for its signatures, then wouldn’t the market value be the value of those signatures, which is likely a decent amount less than the item sold for?

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 04-03-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:34 AM

Maybe he means the signature pages. It's a 12 page document but only the signature pages carry the value.

Last edited by packs; 04-03-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:36 AM

Sorry-I will expand, when I first saw this piece advertised in SCD, I thought that this is not being sold at a top auction house and a bidder will jump in and buy it low just to cut it up.

Last edited by tazdmb; 04-03-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

This is a really cool piece
Old 04-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Not sure why this was moved from the memorabilia forum to the autograph subsection. Certainly there are signatures on the contract, but I feel like its significance is not the signatures, but the document, which is a piece of baseball history. Am I wrong?
I moved it over here because I figured the regulars on this side deal in this type of memorabilia more than the guys on the other side. Just trying to help you get answers.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I moved it over here because I figured the regulars on this side deal in this type of memorabilia more than the guys on the other side. Just trying to help you get answers.
I hear that. Thank you