NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Graig Kreindler

Whoa, whoa!!! Thanks for the words, guys!

It's all good though. I think that Jimmy knows better than anyone that if I were god, we'd all be in some serious trouble. And by 'serious trouble' I mean 'eating matzoh ball soup everyday'.

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited by GKreindler; 03-04-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Hey, sorry KOC. Obviously Graig's talent is incredible, and I love his work. I didnt mean there to be misunderstandings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL View Post
people get into fights over how best to heap accolades upon you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post

It's all good though. I think that Jimmy knows better than anyone that if I were god, we'd all be in some serious trouble. And by 'serious trouble' I mean 'eating matzoh ball soup everyday'.

Thanks for your apology Scott. We're all good now.

And thanks to Jason for defusing the situation. However, I must say that I have never started a fight in my life, but I've finished 'em all.

And to our boy Graig... it's all your fault anyway
Old 03-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Jason

Default no, not bad, per se, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post

I do think that every day might be a little too, how shall we say?.....binding?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Graig Kreindler

Oh, Jimmy. Isn't it ALWAYS my fault?? Well, that's what Dean tells me, at least.

And Jason, 'binding' is certainly a nice way of putting it. I find that if it's good enough, I'll go through the pain. To me, they're few things that are more comforting that a heaping bowl of the stuff. Add a corned beef sandwich and some kasha varnishkes and we're all set.

Oh man, I'm hungry now.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:46 PM

A day without matzoh ball soup is like a day without sunshine.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Graig Kreindler

Couldn't have said it better myself, David!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey guys,

I finally got these back from the photographers (it's about time). I'm at the point where I've been looking at these for so long, I just can't even tell how I feel about them anymore. I've been color correcting them a little bit in Photoshop the past hour, and I think what I have is pretty close to the reality of the darn things, though they could probably benefit from some more tweaking.

Anywho, the first is based off of Conlon's famous photo of Joe Jackson from the Polo Grounds during the 1913 season. I felt like it was necessary to not keep the stands as blurry as Conlon's camera showed them to be, as that's the true sign of the painting being done from a photograph. So, what's there are the simple structures that appeared in the ballpark that year, most notably the front row (which at the time, was painted white, but would be replaced by white marble a few years later).

The second is of Honus Wagner lacing one into the outfield against the Chicago Cubs at the West Side Grounds. I'm a bit unsure as to what the exact date is, but I know it's sometime during the 1909 season. This one also had some tough issues with the stands, as I found out that when the place was remodeled in 1908, the grandstand (along with most of the other features of the ballpark) was painted red. Using that color and making it sit back enough behind Wagner was NOT easy. I hope I succeeded.

And last is the weird assignment, a scaled up version (5.5"x10") of the famous T206 Wagner card, specifically the SGC 40 that was brokered by Memory Lane last summer. There were a few tough things going on with this painting, one being the recreation of the moire pattern, which I could only suggest without driving myself absolutely bonkers. Also, trying to get that damn orange right also proved to be tough. After having the original card scanned, then sent to me, then printed out, you can imagine that there would be some color shifts in the whole process. And, now that you're all viewing it on different computer screens, it's probably still not right. But, hopefully the client is happy with how it looks in person!!

So, any crits/problems/tomatoes/comments/suggestions are appreciated. Always!!

Thanks,

Graig

Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Default Amazing...

...as usual, Graig.