NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Default TBob, What's up with this?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Let us now if you receive the money. This card can't be that tough I have one in much better shape is it time to sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=3276858824&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

Hope it goes thru for you.

Lee

Old 03-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I see you already got the money, do you want to see if the under bidder wants one for his underbidder price? I would definately sll mine for that it is in much better shape.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Wow!!!!! Maybe tbob accepts consignments.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi TBOB,
Nice price! But, you just blew a big secret, so I hope your happy............

I'm not. Brian

Old 03-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

yikes! I thought he did good on it when it reached $71 on the last day but Elliots right,if im ever selling something,tbob can list it for me.

I actually wrote tbob about this card and he said he promised to put an Old Put stamp on the card for whoever wins it,thats my guess why the price went so high.I bought a t205 Jimmy Collins with a tbob Old Put back and i paid about the same amount

Old 03-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Hey Brian,i dont think it was a big secret if it reached this price and ive seen the most common, commons listed as very rare,scarce,etc..........besides if youve read any Tbob post about tough t206s,hes been talking about this cards toughness for years,i remember him saying it back back on the fullcount board.

it might look like i pulled a hankron but i was answering elliots post with my first response,so i didnt actually just answer myself

Old 03-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bimmy

i have this card and lindeman on my common want list. would lindeman fetch a similar price or lindeman easier to find?

Old 03-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I just sold one, for I believe $20? maybe a little less. I don't get it, but the market has spoken.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

1) Yes I have already received payment.
2) Yes, it is a "common" but so is the T207 Johnny Kling. All the guides have the Kling listed (or they used to) at a common price despite the fact that it is almost impossible to find. If you have been following the T206s religiously on eBay, you will see that the Rhoades arm extended and (yes) Lindaman are two very, very tough cards, especially in EX or better. I don't know why there are so few for sale, but there are. John is right, I have been saying for years that the Rhoades arm extended is very, very tough and a few guys like Ty have been hoarding them and sprung them on eBay today after seeing what mine went for. I wish I had more.
3) What I didn't appreciate is a guy I've never heard from before emailing me and arguing about the relative scarcity of the card (everyone is entitled to their opinion) and then emailing the buyer and telling them the card isn't that scarce. It was all I could to keep from emailing this person and blasting him and telling him to keep it to his frigging self.
4) Hey, I was due to catch lightning in a bottle once in a while. Many of you have before.
5) Those of you who have followed my sales in the past know that I don't use the term "rare" unless it is a near one of a kind item (like my uncatalogued Johnny Kling or Frank Chance caramel card proofs) but I feel the term "scarce" is subjective and can be used to describe a card which is one of the toughest commons in a set filled with around 400 of them.
6) Anyway, I was happy, the buyer was happy, what else matters?
TBob

Old 03-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

I actually wrote tbob about this card and he said he promised to put an Old Put stamp on the card for whoever wins it,thats my guess why the price went so high.I bought a t205 Jimmy Collins with a tbob Old Put back and i paid about the same amount>

LOL. John I hope the people reading that know of your cutting sense of humor
Speaking of Old Puts, did anyone here win the blue one in Barry Sloate's auction (blue-now talk about a rarity)? I was wondering what it went for but couldn't get Barry's web page to access for some reason...

Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy Scott Elkins

from the guy telling you this Rhoades variation wasn't that scarce. At least, I believe it is the same person, as it sure sounds like it! He sent me the e-mail after I listed some Rhoades Arm Extended cards (after seeing what yours realized). BTW, congrats. - you are a great guy and deserve the price! It is hard to say what prices some of the scarcer cards will bring until they are listed correctly on eBay with prices these days! As for Lindaman - tough, but not near as tough as Rhoades Arm Extended! I would let you people know of another very undervalued T206 variation, but now yet (or at least until I can hoard a dozen or so more)! Anyway, Tbob did tell everybody about this Rhoades variation for years now - just glad he could stike "gold" with one first!

Old 03-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vpgnar

would pay an arm and a leg for them: commons, HOFers, boring cards, interesting cards--you nsme it. For instance, in the T202 set, there are 2 common "Just Before the Battle" cards that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find, and "Elberfield Beats the Throw," and (difficult to find in good condition) "Chase Safe at Third." All commons!

Besides the acknowledgedly scarce Devlin variations with Giants and Rustlers...

Could the card in question be like one of these?

Old 03-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan

Rhoades may be scarcer but Lindamin is common as dirt. I watch them for the NO RED B on cap and they come up very often. Dan.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

<3) What I didn't appreciate is a guy I've never heard from before emailing me and arguing about the relative scarcity of the card (everyone is entitled to their opinion) and then emailing the buyer and telling them the card isn't that scarce>
Bob, this is what eBay considers auction tampering. You may want to report him.

Jay