NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Elliot

Just wanted to thank all the contributors for all the wonderful posts in the past year, and berate the lurkers for not posting.

We've had some ups and downs, but we made it through the year, let's hope the next year is even better.

Regards to all

Elliot

Old 09-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: B Hodes

Eliot -
I'm sure we all recognize that yours is a somewhat thankless job -- people generally tell you when they think you are wrong and say nothing when they think you are right.
I just want to thank you for your efforts in maintaining this site and remind you that when people aren't complaining they are often tacitly commending you.
Best,
Brian Hodes

Old 09-13-2002, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Paul

I agree 100%.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: runscott

I apologize for being an *ss at times, but you have to understand that it's part of my personality. I'm very emotional, but I have a full head of hair

Old 09-14-2002, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

Happy Birthday!!!

Drinks are on Elliot's

Old 09-14-2002, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: runscott

Old 09-14-2002, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Eric Eichelkraut (Goudey Guy)

Elliot. Although I am relatively new to this board, I think that your creation of it has been a major contribution to the hobby. The communication level between so many important collectors gives us all the opportunity to learn from each other, and develope our hobby into a far more exciting one. Thank you for providing such a valuable platform for discussion!!

Old 09-14-2002, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Thanks, Elliot.

Old 09-14-2002, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

We should all thank our lucky stars that Elliot jumped in as quickly as he did after the demise of the Full Count chat board. He's done a GREAT of keeping us lunatics from running the asylum.

Keep up the good work Elliot!

Old 09-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: stutor

Thanks Elliot. This site is a true asset to the hobby.

Old 09-14-2002, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: leon

Wanted to say my thanks too for the many hours you put into helping keep this a clean, mostly professional, place to talk about vintage cards....and for the record...all of those that thought you were "edit" happy should see by now that you will let almost anything go as long as it is not anonymous personal attacks or totally immature behavior....notice I used the term "totally" as acting like a kid is fun ...sometimes regards all

Old 09-14-2002, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: brian

Kudos Elliot

I have enjoyed almost every aspect of the board his year. I drank 8-10 beers in celebration this evening. be well all brian

Old 09-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: jay behrens

gotta give his kudos, even if he is from Canaduh :-p

Jay

Old 09-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: TBob

Thanks for providing a great place to learn and also share about the one thing that connects us all- vintage card collecting. Thanks also for giving us an opportunity to let fellow collectors know of cards we need and also have for sale, even if we do have to sneak it by you every know and then
Happy anniversary.
Bob

Old 09-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Julie Vognar

The asmusement, the tips, the offers, the EVERYTHING I've gotten from this Forum, including the encouragement andf the company

is well worth being the only female around. Seemsd to me there used to be one other....maybe she's still lurking.

The only place I've ever had an intelligent dfiscussion about baseball cards with a girl was at an As game,
. We were both looking at the baseball cards for sale, and agreeing that the guy would do much better if he had a few Bonds, Eckerslys and Hendersons. Then the guy came back and said he was afraid to make the investment.

Old 09-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Elliot:

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you again for providing this great forum. After a hard day's work, I look forward to checking out the VINTAGE CHAT forum. After I surf EBAY, I always check out "the forum" to lift my spirits. Not only is it informative regarding vintage cards, it's debates are often quite comical. The forum also provides a wonderful research for networking. When I see an item that another collector may want for their collection, I enjoy sending them an email to give them a heads up, and I appreciate it when I have received emails when they see an item they think I may want for my collection. "Your" forum provides an invaluable service to the HOBBY, and your work is greatly appreciated. Continued Success! Thanks, Patrick.

Old 09-19-2002, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Default One Year

Posted By: zardoz51

I am one of those lurkers that should be berated. I read the board every day and freely confess to having contributed absolutely nothing. Then again, I have nothing of merit to contribute as my knowledge of prewar cards is very limited. Why open my mouth to reinforce this fact?

Now to the other side of the equation. Having confessed my lack of participation, my knowledge of these cards has increased substantially over the past 6 months just by reading the wonderful information that the hardcore members of this board so freely share.

A round of thanks to all of you.