NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: 1880nonsports

Up against a stone wall once again.......
Three days ago I received a small payment for 2 cards thru paypal. They listed as "completed" in my account and I shipped the cards the next day. That evening I had an email from paypal that my funds for the transaction were being frozen due to a reversal by either the buyer or his bank. I was told there would get back to me regarding the transaction. Yesterday I received a note from paypal that the transaction was reversed and finished - I'm NOT getting paid - and that I had no recourse. Imagine if it had been one of the few bigger dollar transactions I do? They said "completed" and ready to be shipped! They froze the funds - have withdrawn them now - and the person has my cards without paying for them. I'm REALLY angry............

Old 05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Eric

The reoccurring Paypal nightmare continues.

I wish for once, I'd hear a story on where they back a seller.

This crap is rediculous.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Steve Murray

I'm getting real fn sick of these paypal horror stories. I'm convinced. NO MORE PAYPAL.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Marc S.

given the myriad Paypal horror stories....I imagine at this point that everyone has fair warning. I only accept on sales anticipated at $40 or less.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: leon

You being angry is as surprising as the Pope getting married.....I have known you quite a while and have never seen you angry. I share your frustration.....

Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

This horror story goes along with yours (it's a few threads down):

http://tinyurl.com/5g3z8m>

That makes 2 Eric's getting burned by them.

Edited: thanks for fixing my URL link. Appreciate it.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: dan mckee

Same thing happened to Scott gaynor years ago and he warned me and I will NEVER take paypal as a seller. As a buyer, it is absolutely awesome! I feel better protected now then ever. As a seller, bend over and touch your ankles!

Old 05-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Red

Paypal collects a fee for their service and should be responsible for the loss if you followed all their rules. If they allowed a scammer to register it's their fault not yours. They make it too easy for scammers to pull this hit and run. If you accepted a credit card directly from the person, or took a personal check or money order, you'd ship only if and when you felt comfortable with the transaction. If something didn't feel right you wouldn't do the deal. You pay Paypal to handle all that and then you're the one that gets shafted if anything goes wrong.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

following paypal's rules exactly as described causes a much higher price in shipping because of tracking and signature requirements.

then buyers complain about shipping fees.... how can anyone win this battle?

Old 05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Ed Hans

How many times must we get hit over the head with a tire iron before we stop dealing with those thieves?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Matthew

I had an instance with paypal. they accualy froze my funds for a sale that i made. I inquired about it and they said it wasnt the buyer that put in a claim, but it was paypal. They said they look into random paypal transactions. Did anybody ever hear of this. thanks much

Old 05-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: boxingcardman

Too many horror stories. Too bad too; they have a nice platform and offer a useful service, but the degree to which they screw over sellers is truly sickening.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Rob L

So I check my bank account today and notice that Paypal had withdrawn $299.00 today. I hadn't made a transaction with Paypal for a week now so I looked at my Paypal account. Man, what a mess over the last day. Here's how it went:

Yesterday: withdraw $299 from my account and pay a lady named Lisa.
Today: A lady named Linda deposits $290.00 into my account. My account is hit for $ 8.71 transaction fee (leaving $281.29).
Today: paypal@flyguysdesigns.com charges my account $281.29. Flyguys then cancels the $281.29.
Today: West Network Asia pulls $281.29 from my account. This is when I saw what was going on and was able to reverse that account, so the $281.29 was still in my account.

I contacted Paypal to start the Fraud Investigation. First, they make me resolve the issue with the "buyer" Linda by refunding the $290.00. Now they are trying to get my $299 back from the lady named Lisa. I will have to wait at least 10 days for me to get my $299 back.

Scary stuff.

Rob L

http://www.freewebs.com/loefflerrd/

Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: dan mckee

You can win this battle by accepting checks and money orders only.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Denny Walsh

Orrr, Only Ship the item when the Funds Clear Your Bank Account! This Is what I do, I've been Burned TOOOO Many Times........

Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh

Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Only allow people you know and trust to pay you via Paypal. Insist on check or MO from everyone else.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Steve

Sorry this happened to you.

Steve

Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Alan U

I think this is on topic, but if you send a money order to someone and they say they never received it, is it possible to get your money back by filing a claim?

Also, I would never send a check to someone I don't know, it's a free pass to your account information.

-Alan

Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: andy becker

more paypal horror stories.

as a buyer, paypal is great convenient and with assurance that you won't get robbed.

as a seller, paypal sux....still convenient if you are ok giving paypal (ebay) a bigger % of your money and you also have assurance......that eventually you will get burned.

they really need to fix this sort of thing. what would happen if visa or amex allowed this sort of caca to go on?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Jim Dale

how many thousands if not millions of transactions are going down fine?

If buyers have to send checks and money orders what recourse do they have when things go wrong? If I can't pay by paypal I'm inclined not to bid; and over 3k transactions I've never once reversed a paypal payment on anyone. Buyers need some protections too!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: brian

I haven't done business with them since $200 vanished from my PayPal account balance several years ago. Never should have left the money sitting there in the first place. When I emailed them, they said there was no record of the money ever being in the account and told me to email them a saved screenshot of my former balance as proof. Like somebody would be saving daily screenshots of their balance.....ridiculous. Closed my account that day and never looked back.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Jantz

Sorry to hear about this. I hope all works out for you. I've had a few people in the past try to persuade me into using Paypal. I guess I'm just old fashion.

Jantz

Old 05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Mark T

Ebay wants to restore trust....they have a long way to go baby. Check out this article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080509/ap_on_hi_te/ebay_paypal_only_2

Old 05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

That would be quite interesting if it happens in the states.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Mark T

if it works over there i see them trying it here.

get this quote...

"To make the PayPal rule possible, eBay has applied for — and automatically gets — immunity from Australia's anti-monopoly Trade Practices Act."

Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: brian

wouldn't the exclusion of all other reasonable payment options be a violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act? Wouldn't eBay have to move their HQ offshore and file as a foreign entity to circumvent the Sherman Antitrust Act?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Anonymous

Its not possible if you follow their rules to get hosed. Myust have been ur fault

Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: jim

<<I think this is on topic, but if you send a money order to someone and they say they never received it, is it possible to get your money back by filing a claim?

Also, I would never send a check to someone I don't know, it's a free pass to your account information.

-Alan>>

If it's a postal money order you can go to the office where you purchased it, bring along the MO #, the date and the amount the money order was for.

There is a number the clerk can call and have an immediate answer as to whether it was cashed or not.

If it was cashed there is a form to fill out and they will send you a scan of the front and back of the money order showing you who cashed it and when.

If it was not cashed there is a form to fill out and they will refund your money but not immediately. I'm not really sure how long it takes to get the refund/replacement.

Both the form for copies and the form for replacement have a cost of around $5-6, it's been a while since I had somebody fill one out. Doesn't happen all that often.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Alan U

Jim, thanks for the info on the money order.

-Alan

Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Lou

I just had a situation where a m.o. got lost in the mail,I filled out the back and sent it in and they charge you 15.00 service fee to refund your money!

Lou

Old 05-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Ken McMillan

with pals like this, you don't need enemas...........LOL

Old 05-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Is about profits, nothing else. If they wanted real security on Ebay they could start by giving the boot to scammers, shillers, fake card artists, etc. A zero tolerance attitude with some actual proactive policing of the site would work wonders. Real security on paypal would require a buyer to prove a loss rather than simply presume it and rip the seller a new one until the seller clears his name.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Rob D.

In case you missed this:

eBay wants to force use of PayPal

Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Default Paypal.........

Posted By: Cy

If you want to check on a US Postal money order status, here is the phone number where you can check it yourself.

US Postal Service Money Order Hotline
866 974 2733

Sincerely,

Cy