NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Mike

Default Any Pocket Schedule Collectors Here?

Hi,

I'm pretty new here. Been lurking, checking out various threads here. Seems like a great community and I hope I can become a part of it.

A bit about me first. My name is Mike. I'm a die hard Yankees fan, been so since I was 5 years old when my first game was watching Chris Chambliss homer the Yankees into the World Series. I was bitten by the baseball bug and have been a fan ever since. I guess you can say, due to the timing, I was the original band wagon jumper

I collect all things Yankees. I have about 15,000 cards, close to 200 autographs and about 25 Yankee bobble heads. I have magazines, pins, DVD's, books, jerseys, t shirts and a even a bat or two.

I just started a Yankees schedule collection and was wondering if anyone else here collects them as well. Was looking for storage advice and anything else you can think of. My goal, right now, is to collect from 1970-present day. I just picked up a 1970 schedule off ebay. I have a couple from the past couple of years, so I will be looking to add to the collection. I figured I would do the schedules as programs are a bit pricey for me right now and I figured the schedules would be a nice way to show off some vintage Yankees history.

Would love to see pics of any schedules if anyone collects.

Thanks for the long read and thanks for letting me join this wonderful community.

Mike
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM

I'm the same way with SF Giants stuff, I collect all schedules from early to recent sga magnetic ones.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:44 PM
qualitycards

Skeds are great, a nice inexpensive way to enjoy the hobby.
At one time I collected schedules from each team in all 4 sports incl. the minor leagues.
I've trimmed down quite a bit and just collect the Yankees, Football Giants, USFL, WFL and various pre 1970's that catch my fancy.

Mike, shoot me a PM w/ the Yankees you need from the 80's & up as I have some laying around that I can send you at no charge.

Here's a couple of my favorites, other sked collectors....lets see 'em!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 PM

Hi, Mike. I'm not a schedule collector--I specialize in the Yankees 1903-1927. Here's the one pocket schedule I own--from the Yanks first season, 1903.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Joe M.

Not a schedule collector either, but have this one for the 1910 Tigers.

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1910sked.jpg (68.1 KB, 1109 views)
File Type: jpg 1910sked001.jpg (67.4 KB, 1110 views)

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

They also take up a lot less space than programs or yearbooks. You should have a fairly easy time piecing together the Bronx Zoo schedules. Here are some of mine:

I've had this one since 1976 and even marked the game that I went to, my 1st Yankees game in person:

Got these out of Sterling a year or so ago:

I bought this one quite some time ago for my O'Doul collection:

Bought this one earlier this year; loved the graphics:

how about pocket calendars? Here is a Vitali Klitschko one for his Ukrainian political party. Eastern European politicians haven't learned to fake-smile yet; they all look like they've been arrested:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-24-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Mike

Some great stuff guys. Is the dog sched a Mexican League one? My spanish is iffy, all I got was head of the dog.

Love, love that first Yankees schedule David. I didn't know schedules go that far back.

Exhibitman, love those 70's schedules. I am keeping an eye on a few on ebay. My favorite is the '77 one because the first game I ever seen as a kid was that game.

Jay, I will drop you a PM. My schedule collection is real small right now and some are not in the best shape. Here's what I have so far:

1970-Just got off ebay

2009-Lots of water damage

2013-Also got Teixeira and Pettitte

2009 SI Yankees-Was a season ticket holder for 5 years and I never thought about grabbing a pocket schedule

Unfortunately, I never thought about collecting schedules until recently. If I had, I would have taken much better care of these, but you learn and you know better for next time. Lucky, I can get these replaced easily and pretty cheap off ebay.

Keep the schedules coming. I am loving what I am seeing so far.

Mike
Old 03-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Curt

Couple items already scanned. I got two of these in a package, but the sender also included a poorly packaged pin that ended up scratching this copy!

Couple I got in fan packs…fridge magnet style:

Magazine insert schedule

Some local minor league schedules. i am always grabbing free sports schedules when i see them. never know who will get famous some day, right?

Couple placemat schedules:

Old 03-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Dan

Hi everyone,
Great to see this thread. I've been collecting pocket schedules since I was a kid back in the early 1980s.

My focus is primarily college sports - vintage through present day - but I also collect some pro/minors and have plenty of all of the above available for trade (or purchase).

Would love to swap!
Dan
Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Mike

Thought I'd revive one of my old threads by showing off some new additions to my Yankees pocket schedule collection. Just need 1971, '72 & '73 and I'm done with the 1970's.

Missing some from the 80s and 90s, which I hope to pick up soon. I'd really like to pick up some schedules from the 60's at some point also, but that's a bit pricey for me right now. Im just happy these are in great condition. Thanks to WillowGrove for letting me know these were on eBay. Much appreciated.

Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Jay Zimmerman

Default pocket schedules

I collect all Brooklyn Dodgers pocket schedules from 1947-1957. The Schaeffer Beer schedules are my favorites and the toughest set for me to complete.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schaefferschedules.jpg (75.1 KB, 437 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Mike

Those are some gorgeous schedules Jay.

Mike
Old 01-10-2018, 09:20 AM

I have a very early 1883 National League/American Association pocket schedule in my upcoming auction, I can find absolutely no info on it. 36 pages plus exterior/interior cover ads from Providence, RI merchants.

Has anyone seen one like it?

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img804.jpg (85.5 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg img805.jpg (90.7 KB, 390 views)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Mike

That's very cool!

Mike
Old 01-18-2022, 06:38 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

I used to go to a schedule swap meet years ago in Salem, Va., I think, with a friend who is not longer around. I collect Cubs skeds and really picked up a lot. Then I was a member of a Sked Collector Club and traded a lot of skeds there. Unfortunately, I had to quit traveling so quit the club. Anyway, I have two skeds left and, if anyone wants them, send me your addy.
The 1993 MD Baseball sked has the schedules of the Frederick Keys and the Baysox teams inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_20220118.jpg (78.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-17-2022, 09:56 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZim13 View Post
I collect all Brooklyn Dodgers pocket schedules from 1947-1957. The Schaeffer Beer schedules are my favorites and the toughest set for me to complete.
Those are great Jay
Old 03-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Mike

Just picked up this 1981 Yankees schedule over the weekend. Also grabbed a 2018 from the Yankees Clubhouse Store.

I'm down to needing about 13 more scheds to complete my run from 1970 to present day.

Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by yankeesjetsfan; 03-12-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 AM

2 Ballentine Beer schedules.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sched Phillies (1).jpg (82.0 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg Sched Yankees.jpg (81.9 KB, 239 views)
Old 03-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Hank Thomas

I once had a 1927 Senators schedule that had a silk handkerchief triangle at the top, with the cardboard schedule below meant to be slipped into a breast suit pocket. A literal pocket schedule!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Mike

Love that Yankees schedule!

I never knew Ballentine also sponsored the Phillies. Very nice Phils schedule.

Mike
Old 10-18-2020, 07:41 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default 1930 Chicago Cubs Souvenir Schedule Fan from Hack Wilson's RBI Record Season

Just want to revive this thread and give any Cubs, Schedule, or collectors of the unique a crack at this, if interested.

It's over at Huggins & Scott, ending this week.

https://hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/...l?itemid=46422

One sold there for over $2,000 (1700 + BP) earlier this year:

https://feb20.hugginsandscott.com/cg...l?itemid=41260

A few fellow members here have said I post some of the coolest items (thank you), but they don't see them until it's too late, here's your shot........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46422_cubs_schedule_fan.jpg (73.4 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg 46422a_cubs_schedule_fan.jpg (71.1 KB, 137 views)