NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 PM

Default Pat Venditte Joins an Elite List

The list of pitchers that have thrown with both hands in the same game got bigger today by one, when Pat Venditte made his debut for the Oakland A's. He pitched two shutout innings and the only hit he allowed was a well-placed single between two fielders. If you have any of the previous ambidextrous pitchers, show em!

Three are in the Old Judge set(Icebox Chamberlain, Tony Mullane and Lawrence J. Corcoran), among other sets. One is in the Obaks(George Wheeler). I don't believe Moxie Manuel has a card, but I could be wrong. If all you have is Greg Harris, fine, show it...
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 06-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Al

I watched that and was great but I guess over shadowed by the poor woman bieng hit in the face with the broken baseball bat of Brett Lowrie..

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 06-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Skip

Default Pat Venditte

deleted

Last edited by Nashvol; 06-05-2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Wrong image
Old 06-06-2015, 02:55 AM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

I couldn't leave you hanging, John...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corcoran.jpg (56.7 KB, 276 views)
Old 06-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Larry P.

If all you have is Greg Harris, fine, show it...[/QUOTE]

Well, all I have is Greg Harris, but he was my next door neighbor and was kind enough to sign this card for me (he used his right hand):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GHarris.jpg (74.3 KB, 252 views)
Old 06-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
If you have any of the previous ambidextrous pitchers, show em!
The Count ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 331-6_Mullane_(2406).jpg (49.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 06-06-2015, 08:48 AM

Here's the other OJ - Icebox...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chamberlain.jpg (69.5 KB, 203 views)
Old 06-06-2015, 09:17 AM

You are truly a saint Kevin for keeping this post alive. I know it seems like hoarding, but I have three Mullane cards. The only problem is that my scanner doesn't do it's job well, so the scans never match what the card actually looks like. When I get a better scanner, I will re-enact the scene from Office Space, this I vow.
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 06-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Steve Murray

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MullaneN172.jpg (30.3 KB, 128 views)
Old 06-09-2015, 09:44 AM

Default You Can't Make This Stuff Up!

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...ibious-pitcher