NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Pennant Help

Picked these up this AM and am listing them on Ebay but I am just asking if someone knows if they are for a Detroit team. Thoughts?

Fritz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fl1 015.jpg (35.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 02-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Mike

I think they have nothing to do with a sports team, just a city pennant. Mike
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Mike H.

I concur.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Rick P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Picked these up this AM and am listing them on Ebay but I am just asking if someone knows if they are for a Detroit team. Thoughts?

Fritz
Not yet...but given the creative tendencies of some ebay sellers, they might be very soon!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
Not yet...but given the creative tendencies of some ebay sellers, they might be very soon!
Why do you think I would do that! Thats why I wanted to check here first, don't lump me in with some other ebay guys that do that, no very good manners here, give me the benefit of the doubt! At least I asked!

Fritz
Old 02-13-2011, 01:50 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Fritz,

I think he was implying that someone would get them and create a Frankenpennant. I could be wrong, but I don't think the comment was directed at you specifically.

Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Rick P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Why do you think I would do that! Thats why I wanted to check here first, don't lump me in with some other ebay guys that do that, no very good manners here, give me the benefit of the doubt! At least I asked!

Fritz
Fritz, I meant no offense to you....there's been a separate thread specifically addressing how generic pennants are bought on ebay at low prices and pieced together to create "Franken-pennants". I was in no way implying that you were participating in such activities. It was my feeble attempt at making a joke, but if it didn't bring a smile...I failed. Please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.

Rick
Old 02-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtix View Post
Fritz, I meant no offense to you....there's been a separate thread specifically addressing how generic pennants are bought on ebay at low prices and pieced together to create "Franken-pennants". I was in no way implying that you were participating in such activities. It was my feeble attempt at making a joke, but if it didn't bring a smile...I failed. Please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.

Rick
Hey Oldtix, no harm/no foul. Just a little thin skinned today. I have them listed in the sports section on Ebay as a accessory per sei for display. They're nice old pennants that came out of an old estate here in Toledo, wasn't sure if they were for any team, the colors look like they could be for one of the earlier football teams out of Detroit and wanted to be sure and have it described right.

Fritz
Old 02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Rick P

They'll be great accessories for a display. Thanks for being a good sport, and good luck with them!

Last edited by Oldtix; 02-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Fritz,
Unfortunately they may or may not be, but without a photo showing that exact pennant being sold at the game the consensus will be just a city tourist pennant. I have never seen either of these pennants relate to a specific sport, game, or a have a ticket attached to them. Good luck with them, Jason