NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 12-03-2018, 10:33 PM

Talking Non-collector seeking feedback on Cup-era Islanders signed hockey stick..Thanks!

Hello, I'm happy to be part of this forum, and thanks for taking the time to read this!

I've decided to sell a what seems to me a hard-to-find piece of NY Islander history -- a street hockey stick signed by 18 members of the Isles Stanley Cup era team, including most, if not all, of the core players. I've scoured the internet and couldn't find a single item with as many signatures. I haven't had it authenticated.

I'd love it if the collective collecting wisdom on this forum could comment on not only if/where I should get this item authenticated, but what their experience tells them as to the authenticity of the signatures on this stick...and what their best guess is for it's value.

Again, I'm no expert, but I spent several hours comparing the signatures on my stick to those online, and they all seem to match rather well.

Below is a list of the player's signatures, in order from left to right, excluding that of Mike Bossy, who signed on another side of the stick, by himself. Photo #4 is the left side of the stick and photo #5 is of the right side, autographs are in that order, left to right.

1. Billy Smith
2. John Tonelli
3. Billy Carroll
4. Rollie Melanson
5. Bryan Trottier
6. Mike McEwen
7. Tomas Jonson
8. Kenny Morrow
9. Duane Sutter
10. Clark Gillies
11. Butch Goring
12. Bob Bourne
13. Bobby Nystrom
14. Stefan Persson
15. Brent Sutter
16. Greg Gilbert
17. Denis Potvin
18. Mike Bossy

I just tried attaching my photos, but the file size limit is very low, can anyone please advise me how to attach my photos (they're between 1-2mb each, total of about 21 photos....

Thank you!

Last edited by mb22; 12-04-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: more detail

Tags
autographs, collectible, cup, islanders, stanley