NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Ryan

Default PSA/DNA sealed ball question

Hi Guys,
I recently purchased a Stan Musial PSA/DNA graded 9.5 baseball that is sealed by PSA. When I received the ball, it shifted during shipping. The signature is on the bottom and you can't see it at all.
A couple of years ago I purchased a Hank Aaron ball and it shifted and the signature is partially obscured.

Does anyone know of a way to move the ball without breaking the seal?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 PM

Interesting. I had a Tom Seaver like that and finally took it out. I think it already had a LOA or sticker for verification purposes.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

I usually shake it fast till it ends up in spot I want. BIG pain in the neck those PSA cubes
Old 07-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Steve Zarelli

Nothing against PSA, but I can't figure out why anyone would want a signed ball sealed in a cube with what amounts to a giant bumper sticker from a third party plastered across the front.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 PM
keith janosky

I never liked the sealed baseballs because what if you have a ball that grades a 10 and shows it on the cube and over the next few years it starts to tone up which they all do then what, your ball is not a 10 anymore and try and selling it as that with toning. PSA has a good thing going there since at the time the ball is graded after it tones now it's your problem and not there's. That ball grading always to me seemed to be a joke.

Last edited by keithsky; 07-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Nothing against PSA, but I can't figure out why anyone would want a signed ball sealed in a cube with what amounts to a giant bumper sticker from a third party plastered across the front.

Agreed!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I never liked the sealed baseballs because what if you have a ball that grades a 10 and shows it on the cube and over the next few years it starts to tone up which they all do then what, your ball is not a 10 anymore and try and selling it as that with toning. PSA has a good thing going there since at the time the ball is graded after it tones now it's your problem and not there's. That ball grading always to me seemed to be a joke.
The same issue applies to CGC slabbed comics, which indicate paper quality. Some comics are also prone to slide around inside the shell damaging corners. So, you can end up with a book in much lower grade than the label indicates. The conventional wisdom is those books will never be cracked from the slab.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Eri..c Hu.nt

Those things are a pain in the butt. I just spun it really fast in my hand and jerked it to a sudden stop. It would only move about a quarter inch at a time so you have to do it repeatedly. I was always afraid it would mark up the ball, but you don't have much of a choice if you want to keep it sealed. I did this on a few and I didn't see any damage to the ball. You might want to gently seperate the two halves just enough to relieve some tension compressing against the ball. You have to be super careful that the sticker doesn't come off though.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Ryan

Thanks for the responses. By jerking it around I am now at least able to see the auto.