NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Default Where are all the golf cards?

Posted By: Jeff W.

Recently, I have started to really get into playing golf and now that is carrying over into the collecting world. I have been thinking about collecting the 1900 copes set and possibly collecting Harry Vardon cards. I have been collecting pre war baseball for a while now and think that this would bring some new life to my collection. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff Williams

Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JW

eBay is your best bet for finding golf cards, as you might have guessed. The major auctions are slowly starting to have golf cards in them. Are you looking to collect the 1900 Copes set in graded or ungraded form? There are a number of collectors that have recently started working on this set in graded form. PSA has graded the most golf cards, but SGC is making progress. Harry Vardon is a good choice for a player collection. He is in almost every major golf set, except for the 1900 Copes set. If you have not picked up a copy of “The Price Guide to Golf Cards – Part 1: Tobacco Cards” by Smedley and Berdock, I would recommend it. The prices are out of date, but the set checklist are a great reference tool.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

If you ever get into collecting golf memorabilia, try this:

http://www.greenjacketauctions.com

Old 06-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Hello Jeff,

As with most things, nice specimens will bring high dollar. I think it's a good time to pick up vintage golf because there is room for growth. You can easily find examples of Bobby Jones from the 20's and 30's, but you'll pay $100+ for nice examples(a flat out bargain imho). Guys like Harry Vardon and Tom Morris are a bit tougher but available (Cope's & Ogdens). Period Ben Hogan cards seem to be scarce--Berk Ross and Wheaties. Jack Nicklaus has a 1971 Barrat card that is pretty hot right now, as well as being pretty tough--you can't go wrong with that one.

Finally, I like collecting upper deck's array of golf(2001-2005), there's some nice autograph cards. Again I feel that these cards are in their infancy.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike D.

Jeff, If you want a pure or complete vintage golf set you won't go wrong with the 1900 Cope's Golfers set (although tough) or any of the Churchman sets for vintage golf. The Millhoff, Marsuma (very tough), Wills, Cope's Golf Strokes and Ogdens (tough) are collectible too. I will be selling some of my 1900 Cope's Golfers extras in about 3-4 weeks once I get them sorted. Feel free to email me at mcdobrynio@yahoo.com and I will note what is available. Mike