NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Default Should I cut ties with PSA and just ask for my money and cards back?

I submitted the following 2 cards to PSA in person while they were in San Francisco on April 14th. I paid for the minimum service and encapsulation. The shipping service I paid for was for 20 business days. Today is the 25th business day and my order is still "in process." When I asked customer service why my order was still in process this late in my service timetable they didn't really have an answer. I purchased both of these cards from Board members and have no reason at all the suspect they aren't authentic. I know my turn around time is an estimate, but they can't tell when I can expect my cards back.

Would you ask for your money and encapsulation fees back and just eat the shipping cost or do you think I should wait it out? I'm worried that at this point I've pissed them off with my complaints and they'll just say the signatures are no good and send them back to me.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
qu@n nguy3n

when did the invoice go into the database? psa is backlogged, orders are taking up 2 weeks to be entered in. after that your actual tier days begin to be counted, and be prepared for them to be a couple days later than that. looks like you're right on schedule for a poppage monday

my last 10 bus day order took about a month after getting to psa to being ship out, and i thought i was kinda lucky.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 PM

It has been 25 business days since they were entered into their system.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i also don't think you can ask for the cards/fees back this late. it could be at a number places this late. for signed t206s i would've gone with sgc/jsa because the sig would pop more with the black insert.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:24 PM

Well technically they haven't rendered a service since my order is "in process" which is vague so I am able to request a full refund.

I really regret not mailing to SGC now. I only gave them to PSA because I could hand them over in person. SGC was there but told me they would be traveling for another few weeks and I would be better off mailing them in, which I didn't want to do.

Last edited by packs; 06-01-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

My suggestion would be to just be patient and when you do get the cards back, decide then whether to continue to do business with them or not. There is no guarantee that, if you demanded your cards and your money back at this point, that they would get back to you any quicker than the slabbed cards would.

It's unfortunate that they are beyond their estimated timeline, but the simple fact of the matter is that grading companies get backed up during the summer when they have more staff travelling to shows, conventions, etc. It's not just PSA, and it's not just card-related grading that is affected. Same thing happens with CGC (comic books) every summer and they typically run about a month behind schedule during convention season. Unless they specifically say "guaranteed turnaround time," an estimate is just that.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

This is why I'm glad I live 15 minutes from the PSA headquarters. Every last Friday of the month they have a walk in day, with one day turnaround. I drop it off at 10am, and my items are ready at 4pm.

I wouldn't be against helping some of you out by taking your items to the walk in day if I'm going there anyway. Just a matter of you getting your items to me.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Do they still have psa Friday? I thought they abandoned that idea
Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Glyn Parson

Default be patient

Old 06-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Paul

Be patient ....and sell me the cards after PSA gets them back to you!

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 PM

PSA is odd. When you think they will come back quick, they don't. And vice versa. At least that has been my experience.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Turns out all of my complaining resulted in being told my cards will ship on Monday. I'm happy about that but feel like PSA shouldn't keep their customers in the dark about the status of their orders. I don't think it's too much to ask that I am kept in the loop.

Last edited by packs; 06-02-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Eri..c Hu.nt

I sent in some World Series autograph balls along with a bunch of other stuff. It took 2 full months for me to get them back. I called 3 times to just be told that they were still being processed. I finally had to demand that someone tell me where my stuff was. They finally sent them back with a free $50 voucher for taking so long. World Series balls are rather time sensative to sell and 2 months of waiting really hurt the resale value. I also had an Ichiro Suzuki ball that I watched get autographed at the 2005 All-Star game not pass. That was $35 well spent.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Turns out all of my complaining resulted in being told my cards will ship on Monday. I'm happy about that but feel like PSA shouldn't keep their customers in the dark about the status of their orders. I don't think it's too much to ask that I am kept in the loop.
you're asking too much. they don't have enough staff to keep everyone "in the loop".

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I sent in some World Series autograph balls along with a bunch of other stuff. It took 2 full months for me to get them back. I called 3 times to just be told that they were still being processed. I finally had to demand that someone tell me where my stuff was. They finally sent them back with a free $50 voucher for taking so long. World Series balls are rather time sensative to sell and 2 months of waiting really hurt the resale value. I also had an Ichiro Suzuki ball that I watched get autographed at the 2005 All-Star game not pass. That was $35 well spent.
were you going to sell the ichiro ball? it only makes sense in that case to send it in.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:31 PM

If they are under staffed and swamped then the right thing to do would be to halt submissions until they got caught up. If you take my money then I expect service. Simple as that.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:43 PM
J@RR0D

They posted this on their forum a few days ago:

As many of you are already aware, PSA has been extremely busy the past couple of months (thank you!) and as a result of this unexpected surge in volume, we are experiencing receiving delays to get submissions entered and our estimated turnaround times are taking longer than expected.

We are certainly taking measures to get caught up, such as hiring new employees and working overtime. But, as I am sure you can appreciate, we want to make sure we have the right people handling your collectibles, so increasing staff is not a quick overnight solution. We’re striving to add capacity while maintaining the quality that has made us the brand of choice in card grading. We appreciate your patience during this time.

As always, PSA asks for your help in prioritizing our incoming mail by marking the fastest turnaround time you are submitting on the outside of your package. For example, for Express Service please write “5 Day”. Avoid writing “Special” as we have several specials with different turnaround times; instead please write “10 Day”, “30 Day”, etc. And always remember that turnaround times are estimates—if you absolutely need your cards back in a certain time frame, allow for some extra time by using a faster service.

If you don’t see your order entered right away—don’t worry—just give us a call with your tracking and insurance numbers and Customer Service will confirm that your order arrived here safely. Please feel free to call us with any other questions or concerns you may have. (800) 325-1121

Thank you again for your patience and for your continued support of PSA. We appreciate your business!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Eri..c Hu.nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
were you going to sell the ichiro ball? it only makes sense in that case to send it in.
I don't really know why I sent it in. I'm kind of weird about not selling autographs that I get in person. I feel that if they were cool enough to take their time to sign something just for me, then I shouldn't try to profit from it.

I guess I was already sending stuff in and I figured if I ever needed some cash down the road, I would sell it because I don't have a strong attachment to it.

I'm kind of upset that I wasted $35, but not too bummed because I know it's real and I'll just keep it in my collection.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Scott H.

"you're asking too much. they don't have enough staff to keep everyone "in the loop"

I sure hope this was sarcasm.

I run my own business repairing and restoring fly rods. It is something I do on the side to supplement my income. I also have a full time job. In winter, I have a lot of rods coming through my shop. If someone called me inquiring about their rod and I told him/her I'm busy right now, I can't tell you anything about it( and I can guaranty I'm busier than anyone at PSA), I wouldn't have a business. I understand their business is a lot bigger than mine, but that is no excuse for poor customer service. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and still believe that the quality of your customer service is just as important as the quality of your work.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Banned

just dump em. notice how they always, always say they can do it faster if you pay them more money. more $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilBraves View Post
"you're asking too much. they don't have enough staff to keep everyone "in the loop"

I sure hope this was sarcasm.
no, it was not. unlike you, psa is not a one man operation. the CS person can't just run down to the basement and check on the order. and it wasn't a "we're busy right now, can't take your call". the order was in process, that's their SOP. if he wanted the cards back faster he shouldn't have used the minimum service and encapsulation, then get mad when it didn't pop on time or them having more info (for a 2 card/20 business days order). don't be unrealistic, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM
qu@n nguy3n

of course i wish psa was more up to speed with the turnaround time, that's why i've been going to sgc more. but recently i had to send a few cards to psa and my 10-day sub didn't pop until the 12th day, i didn't complain because i sent them cards knowing all the delay problems, that's on me.

even after this thread i sent a batch to psa/dna last week, and still waiting for loggage. will send them another toward the end of the month.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM
J@RR0D

I've got an order of around 30 cards hanging out there now on the 45 day special. It's probably around day 40 or so but I expect nothing for a couple more weeks. I know they're backed up.

I need to send an order to PSA/DNA since I have a few things I'd like to move soon. Like a Bryce Harper ball signed in 2010 spring training, before he was much of a name.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Like a Bryce Harper ball signed in 2010 spring training, before he was much of a name.
Before he was much of a name!? Bryce Harper's been a huuuuuuuuuuge name since he was 13.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Eric Bea.chley

I just got back my 45-day special which took about 55 days. While I wasn't happy, it would have helped if I knew they were having backlog problems from increased submissions.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Before he was much of a name!? Bryce Harper's been a huuuuuuuuuuge name since he was 13.
Well, back when I could get a single signed ball for under $30.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Well, back when I could get a single signed ball for under $30.
Haha true very true. I have about 15 sigs of his, he's getting tough now