NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Travis W.

Default Back after a long hiatus... new project - Nolan Ryan auto card collection

So after running into some rough financial times, things are finally starting to get back on track. Which means now its time to start rebuilding my card collection after having to sell most all of it previously.

So I've got 2 main projects I'm starting on that I'm going to be posting a running thread on here on Net54

My first project is going to be a PSA 7+ complete set of 1956 Topps Baseball. Going to take quite a while but should be a lot of fun!

My second project, which will be going in this thread is my Nolan Ryan autographed card collection

He was my favorite player growing up and one of the very few cards from my collection that I actually kept was a PSA 7 68T RC of him. One of my favorite cards of anything that I have!

Well...now that we have the backstory out of the way...lets get on with the cards.

Just got two of these in the mail today, look forward to adding some more...

34/34 (cool since its Nolan's jsy #)

21/25

2/15

8/15

8/10

thanks for looking...comments are always welcome!

Last edited by VinTX; 11-08-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't really collect newer stuff but I sure like Ryan. Neat cards!!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM

Nice start to the Ryan collection! I'll check into the thread from time to time. I bought one of Nolan's auto'd cards a few months ago, his 1999 UD SP. Ryan's got a nice, smooth, consistent auto, and his legacy can't be denied. Good luck with the hunt.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Travis W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I don't really collect newer stuff but I sure like Ryan. Neat cards!!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Nice start to the Ryan collection! I'll check into the thread from time to time. I bought one of Nolan's auto'd cards a few months ago, his 1999 UD SP. Ryan's got a nice, smooth, consistent auto, and his legacy can't be denied. Good luck with the hunt.
yeah, the nice look and consistency of his auto is definitely one of the things that attracted me to collecting these. I always liked him growing up and the fact that he ended up being one of the greatest pitchers of all time certainly helps too!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Travis W.

one more in today

49/50
Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Travis W.

this one came in on Saturday bringing my collection now to 7. Sharp card in person

2/10
Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Travis,

i collect mainly Ryan too....I love sending cards to his foundation to have him sign...I don't particularly care for the sticker auto's on the newer cards.

I have 34 auto'd baseballs, 2 auto'd bats (1 for each HR he hit) and I have 3 copies of all his topps issues signed...

Tons of mags, books, posters, pics, jerseys...there is so much out there and he is such a prolific signer

Enjoy your collecting!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Travis W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Travis,

i collect mainly Ryan too....I love sending cards to his foundation to have him sign...I don't particularly care for the sticker auto's on the newer cards.

I have 34 auto'd baseballs, 2 auto'd bats (1 for each HR he hit) and I have 3 copies of all his topps issues signed...

Tons of mags, books, posters, pics, jerseys...there is so much out there and he is such a prolific signer

Enjoy your collecting!
yeah he does sign a lot, but there is a huge demand for his stuff so it holds value well unlike some other guys who sign a ton and don't have as much of a following. i love his signature too, its really clean and very consistent!

got two new ones in over the past few days including a really nice triple auto

5/10

3/9
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Ben Martin

That triple auto is pretty nice. I dont have a Ryan auto in my collection yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Travis W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG76 View Post
That triple auto is pretty nice. I dont have a Ryan auto in my collection yet.
gotta get one! he's got a lot of really nice ones to choose from! I got a couple more in today bringing my total now up to 11.

23/25

35/99
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Ryan

I just picked up this Ryan rookie.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Mikeknapp

VinTX nice collection looks like you have a running start.

Quote:
Travis,

Enjoy your collecting!
I have a large advertising sign from Nolan's days with the Astros. I would love to get it signed and have considered sending it to his foundation. What has been your experience in submitting items there? What is the typical turn around time to be expected?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Hi Mike,

I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with his foundation over the years. On the rare occasion there is a question they have called me to ask for clarification.

The turn around time has gotten longer since he took over as the Rangers' President, but 12-16 weeks seems to be the norm on personal items.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with his foundation over the years. On the rare occasion there is a question they have called me to ask for clarification.

The turn around time has gotten longer since he took over as the Rangers' President, but 12-16 weeks seems to be the norm on personal items.
My experience as well...well run operation.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM
qu@n nguy3n

why only do certified autos? there's alot of pretty regular ryan cards that you can get signed.